Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    gb61 wrote: »
    what is it with the long life milk cartons,,,, ive bought these for a few years, but now when I go to open the cap the whole thing comes off!!!!!!!!!!! so trying to pour from the carton is impossible,, im getting really fed up of them changing produce, same with their butter (lurpak similer) straight in the bin,, and off to asda, which we seem to be doing more and more, aldi is going down the pan in my estimation,

Which butter do you mean? They don't do one like Lurpak. It's either luxury West Country (black pack) or the generic salted/unsalted version in the gold packs. Either way, I use both (the luxury for sandwiches etc and the cheaper one for cooking) and haven't noticed a problem with them.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    I've been buying Aldi long life milk for donkey's years and NEVER had a problem with the caps coming away from the carton. As for butter, I get their salted British butter and no complaints there either!

Why not transfer the milk to a jug if you pull another cap off? It would be much easier to pour.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • VeGGie-STyLe
    VeGGie-STyLe Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Which butter do you mean? They don't do one like Lurpak. It's either luxury West Country (black pack) or the generic salted/unsalted version in the gold packs. Either way, I use both (the luxury for sandwiches etc and the cheaper one for cooking) and haven't noticed a problem with them.

They might mean the Norpak spreadable butter
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    They might mean the Norpak spreadable butter

Oh right, I wouldn't know about that as I never buy margarines.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    What's the difference between the welsh butter at £1.25 and the normal salted at 75p?
    I really can't see why people buy that one over the cheaper...
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,292 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What's the difference between the welsh butter at £1.25 and the normal salted at 75p?

Aldi or Lidl? In Lidl the Welsh butter's the same price as the British butter - a rock bottom 75p.

Coded YR 002 - Castle Dairies Ltd, Caerphilly
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

If you were Welsh you'd understand;).

Cymru am Byth!!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Oh right, I wouldn't know about that as I never buy margarines.

It's not margarine. Might not be true butter but it's definitely not margarine. I prefer it to Lurpak !
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    It's not margarine. Might not be true butter but it's definitely not margarine. I prefer it to Lurpak !

Anything with blended vegetable oil in it is margarine. It's certainly not butter! And as such, would never pass my lips.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Aldi or Lidl? In Lidl the Welsh butter's the same price as the British butter - a rock bottom 75p.

Coded YR 002 - Castle Dairies Ltd, Caerphilly
    Aldi......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family