Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Basically Vodafone can destroy people's lives and get away with it

Just like any other company you have credit dealings with...
    ====
  • tap92
    tap92 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    mobilejunkie,
    Cancelling the direct debit was a mistake, but we are two years past that and cannot go back, but through all the correspondence Vodafone have never produced any explanation as to why they think the £70 is due. We have a contract that says it isn't and everyone dealing with us at Vodafone have said that the account is clear. But if we could have turned back time and not cancelled the direct debit, that would have been the best option, I agree.
    Regarding your second note, there are currently (last time it was checked) no adverse issues with the credit references, they were all removed and paying the stated outstanding amount will hopefully keep it that way. If you like, it would be like not cancelling the direct debit, your first recommendation.

Dave (d123),
    You are correct any company you have credit dealings with could treat people the same way as Vodafone do. Except companies in financial services (like Banks, Building Societies etc) where the law is different and they have to go through other steps before lodging a default against your credit history. But if we leave out credit arrangements with the financial sector you are correct. The thing is that Vodafone seem to do this on epic proportions. And they do this based on their own mistakes. And they do this even after they have told you they have addressed the issue. And they do this after the office of the CEO has told you that there is nothing due!

Vodafone seems to have put themselves in a league of their own judging by the levels of complaints, the massive fraudulent billing and the unprecedented level of fines from the regulators.

This thread has been running for 18 months and they seem no better organised now than in Jan 2016. So I am not inclined to just go back to the Social Media team in Vodafone and trust that they can sort out an issue that they have failed to address before. Perhaps Vodafone will respond to the bad publicity from consumer affairs programmes if more of us take our stories to them.

You can perhaps tell I am somewhat angry and frustrated right now, my comments are in no way aimed personally at either of you, you have helped a lot of people.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    They've been as bad for a LOT longer than back to Jan 2016 - that's when the innumerable and constant Vodafone complaints threads were merged in an attempt to stop Vodafone complaints taking up virtually the whole of the first page of this forum.

Bad publicity doesn't worry Vodafone and consumer affairs programmes are there to get soundbites but only rarely have any impact in reality. The WRT have helped me and hundreds of others over many years resolve endless and repeated problems and do actually care and try to resolve things. It has happened (very rarely) that someone feels they haven't, but for every one of those there are dozens who have found them invaluable. It is the only path worthwhile and given that it is for them to sue you (in view of the fact it isn't on your credit files) there isn't really any legal action you can take.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Just like any other company you have credit dealings with...

But Vodafone seem to have the ability to do it and try to completely ignore you and be the most difficult company to deal with.
  • Leon_W
    Leon_W Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Vodafone do have an issue with closing accounts properly and adding spurious defaults.

As expected, they didn't close mine and you are forced to check your credit file to ensure they've done the job. Then you have to jump through all the hoops yet again getting things correctly done as they should be automatically.

Until more people actually take Vodafone to court and receive proper levels of compensation like this guy did over at ConsumerAction

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?302670-Vodafone-Incorrect-Default-*WON-out-of-court-settlement*

then they will continue getting away with fobbing people off.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Apart from the heading on that, there is no indication that legal proceedings were either threatened or instigated. It is merely a letter of complaint - not even a LBA. They do have defaults on there credit files, however, so at least would have a cause for action, in theory.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Martyn B and tap92,

I'm sorry to hear that your respective accounts remain unresolved.

So I can access them to see what's happened, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media CARE

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ceh209
    ceh209 Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi I just submitted a problem I'm having on your web form, the reference is 16227882. Can you confirm you've received it?
    Excuse any mis-spelt replies, there's probably a cat sat on the keyboard
  • eddie-pullin
    eddie-pullin Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 12 June 2017 at 6:18PM
    Options
    I have a monthly sim contract with Vodafone. £12.50PCM plus VAT for so many minutes and texts and 500MB of data.
    The data usage is reported on my phone, Motorola Moto E so I can see how much data I have used.
    Vodafone text: 27/05/2017, "You are coming to the end of your data allowance and have 50Mb left.... to add data do this etc. £5.42 per 250MB."
    I sent a text, " The data usage on my phone for this month is 183MB, please clarify."
    They did not.
    02/06/2017: Vodafone you have used all of your data allowance and will be charged £5.42 for every 250Mb.
    I tried to contact them using the social media link on the first page of this thread. They encouraged me to register my details, which already were. I emailed them to say so, with no response.
    I received the bill today. The account runs from 10th May to 9th June, I was charged £5.42 extra for the extra data usage. My phone records data usage of something like 220MB but not 520MB.
    From the bill
    11/05/2017 data usage of 269MB, which did not show on my phone.
    The only possible thing I can think of is that I upgraded software on the last day of the previous months account which did use a lot of data.
    FWIW I sent 6 texts that month, and 34 phone calls.
    I tried to get a response from Vodafone but nothing. I have used the chat facility on their web site but no clarification was offered.

Reception is patchy where I live, under a hill, otherwise I would go to 3.
    Any suggestion folks?
    Jack
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    edited 14 June 2017 at 9:43AM
    Options
    I tried to contact them using the social media link on the first page of this thread. They encouraged me to register my details, which already were. I emailed them to say so, with no response.

Any suggestion folks?
    Jack

Hi Jack,

So I can chase this up, please update the thread with your email reference number.
    ceh209 wrote: »
    Hi I just submitted a problem I'm having on your web form, the reference is 16227882. Can you confirm you've received it?

Hi ceh209,

I can see that one of my colleagues provided you with an update on this yesterday.

If you need any further help, let me know.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure