We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Drinking wine during the day is not for me. I felt rotten in the evening. I won’t do that again in a rush :(

A clean kitchen in the morning is still an unexpected surprise. Nice. :)

Today I will spend money as I am off to meet a friend to see a film. This cinema does tickets for £7 instead of £12 on a Monday and I will take a treat in with me. I am seeing Moonlight, a film that has done well at The Oscars.

Just paid £800 off my debt and it is now down £12,570 ;)

This is still a huge number but I can see it being a single figure in the Summer and I can see I am getting somewhere :)

I wish you all a flying start to your week

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Well done DIA! Enjoy your day.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 88% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You're getting so close to the half way mark
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 50% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Fortune! and yes, INOD the half way mark is approaching :D

I have an invitation to interview on Thursday for the proposal I submitted to the college. That same day I am at a conference nearby so although they have invited me at 3pm I am going to ask to be seen at 9.00 instead, or 4.30, as the conference is 9.30-4.30 and is literally a stone’s throw away.

I am nervous, but if they say yes I will have:

—my teaching once a week

—a weekend course once a month

—occasional creative industry work

In theory this is will be excellent as it will deal with the shortfall in my 2017 DF plan (£2,000) and will allow me to drop a day in 2018 so I can have a creative day to pursue my own work.

This is all good, so it’s funny that I am worried about being able to fit everything in and I am feeling scared…Go figure, as the Americans say…

Hoping you all survived the beginning of the week

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I’ve started feeling less than positive again. I think it’s because things are all happening too quickly so I have taken a step back and asked for tomorrow off.

The interview panel have agreed to see me after my conference. So I will be being interviewed on Thursday at 4.30pm. :eek:

After my interview I will meet another staff member about the other tutoring role they have offered me.

My creative industry role is asking me to input to an interesting project but I have still yet to purchase the Kindle so they can transfer work for me to do remotely.

It feels like lots of new things have all opened at the same time and it’s all feeling a little overwhelming. :eek:

I’m burning clary sage oil for balance and drinking rooibos fruit tea and making soup to help ground myself :)

Whilst writing this my day off tomorrow has been agreed :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed - I get like this when there's lots going on, but I tend to get antsy and irritable when things are slow and there's not much on, so i'm never happy!

It sounds that you've got it all under control, despite it being a busy time. You did the right thing taking tomorrow off - you can prepare what you need to, get organised, write a list of things on your agenda if that helps and just try to relax before it all starts on Thursday. Hope it helps!

It's all positive stuff, so don't let it bring you down :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed - I get like this when there's lots going on, but I tend to get antsy and irritable when things are slow and there's not much on, so i'm never happy!
    Ha, that made me smile as that is me! Thanks for understanding :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    I feel like we may be pretty similar, you know.

Chin up :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I think so too JoJo ;)

And yes, my chin is up :)

I'm going to stop this feeling in its tracks. When my day is over I am putting on my mac and new fab boots and I am going for a long walk despite the rubbish weather. Walking ALWAYS makes me feel calmer...I will buy my kindle whilst I am out. If I keep chipping at my To Do list I will wrestle back control :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business