🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks beanielou. Hope you are okay this evening.

Not at my best but plodding on :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not at my best but plodding on :)
    Plodding is good. It's all momentum and it all adds up in the end :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    My mood is back to normal :)

I am WFH today so lots of opportunity to keep on top of drudge work

I am busy planning my next pay day as it approaches

In March I am planning 15 NSDs :eek:

During March I only go into the office for 9 days. I have lots of WFH days and a few courses where I start late and finish early. So there should be plenty of time to cook in bulk for the freezer, declutter, clean and get my garden in shape

In March my debt will fall into the £12,000s. My debt was last in the £12,000s in 2011:D

On Monday I discovered an edamame bean spaghetti that is lush. It was £2 in Asda reduced from £3. I wish I had picked up a few more packets now…although now I write it down it isn’t that cheap…:o

Prepping my breakfast (yoghurt, apple, kiwi) and lunch box for tomorrow (cold sausages, carrot sticks and cucumber with mustard)

I want to go to MnS to bargain hunt this evening but I feel like wine and crisps too which I will be unable to resist and that rather defeats the purpose. :money: So, I am staying put and chalking up my second NSD in a row.

Going to wash my hair and do a face pack hoping it will make me feel as good as a glass of wine and a bag of crisps…I know. I know.

Happy hump day folks :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    How very disciplined of you avoiding M&S and unnecessary spending!

March sounds great for you - plenty of time to catch up (which is good for the mind, you know I'm struggling with that one right now!) and some good goals there.

It'll be marvellous to see the debt drop into another '000 bracket. I'll look forward to following your progress for the month ahead.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    The rubbish news
    There was a slug in my sink! :eek::eek::eek:
    Must have come up the drain and was happy with the bits of food in the sink. LESSON LEARNT. DISHES DONE EVERY NIGHT. I AM STARTING FLYLADY TONIGHT. SINK SHINY AND DRY AT THE END OF THE DAY. There is an excellent blog called ‘un**** my habitat’ I plan using that too

My side gate was open when I got home

The good news

My side gate was open when I got home. It must have been the wind and I had not been burgled :)

It took me 18 months to apply for my passport and it arrived in 8 days! Very pleased! :T:T Well done Home Office. They scare you now with a post office checking system (extra money) and a secure delivery service, (more money). I paid the minimum and it arrived safely posted through my letterbox :)

I can now go on a cruise. ;) Well, I could if I had debt and money saved and ready for a cruise. One day. On a serious note if a relative abroad needed me to be there or if there was a death in the family I could be there. After my debts are paid I will build an emergency travel fund.

With my passport I can register with a new GP as my current one is rubbish and I have been moaning instead of doing something about it for so long I am bored of myself. :o

A long day. If I add in getting dressed and up for work commuting adds 4 hours to my journey. I am so grateful for my WFH days :)

A tiring but good day for me. I hope you had a good day too.

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,777 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you had a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am the possessor of a flylady shiny sink, bleach in the plughole, kitchen cloths rinsed in vinegar. In fact my dish drainer has been thrown out to ensure I wash up, dry and pack away from here on in. Breakfast and lunch packed. This should make my morning easier and keep any unwelcome creatures out of my kitchen!
    Nite, nite people
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Excellent re tutoring!!! Well done.

Onwards and upwards xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Well done Dia. I love coming down to make breakfast in a nice clean kitchen so am usually very good about washing up before I go to bed. Having said that, I did once find a leech in my kitchen sink :eek:

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Well done, you! Must've been nice to come down to that this morning?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family