Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks to all the people who have posted their support during my miserable stage. :A

Not great today I won't bore you or myself with the details....

Apologies. On one hand I really want to be upbeat and a fun read. On the other hand I want to be true to myself and right now this debt thing feels a drag, one other thing in my life that is pressing down on my chest and making it hard to breathe. :o

Deep intake of breath.

So, people on here are always telling me not to be so hard on myself. They are right. I am. So, this month (technically March) as I get paid at the end of February and budget for March…Anyway, guess what? I am making it easier.

Come payday I am paying £800 off my debt instead of £1,000.

February and March will see extra expense. All good. All much required…A new cooker, a passport, the handyman booked for 2 days running, a dental hygienist’s appointment, a new gym membership, gym/swimming kit, an eye test and new glasses. I will be paying out for a Kindle (although I will be reimbursed). Maybe I will be paying a deposit for a week’s residency in the Summer…

I might not make all of those goals. I might have to do the eye test, choose the glasses and pick them up in March…:cool:

The point is, rather than stressing out, I will be giving myself an easier time. Yes, I am slowing down my debt repayment figure, but If the tutoring comes off I can still make up the deficit.
    I have another 10 months before my deadline. I still think I’ll make it.

I can and I will. ;)

Happy Sunday

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Hi DIA

I think this is the right decision for right now. One of the subjects I taught in my previous life as a trainer was Working Smarter. Goals need to be realistic and achievable. They should motivate and inspire you to achieve. If that's not happening it's right and proper that you should review your goals and revise them were necessary.

A costly month coming up but just look at all the positive things you'll be achieving.

Fortune x

I still have new cooker envy.
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    I think Fortune hit the nail on the head, I can't offer anything other than agreement and support.

You are definitely doing the right thing - I think this way it'll save you throwing the towel in and losing the will to become debt free altogether. This way you can reevaluate while still staying within the parameters of a more flexible budget.

Better than struggling on!

All the best.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you are doing the right thing for you at this moment in time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 20 February 2017 at 9:00PM
    Options
    So, I have wanted a rug in my living room for 8 years or more. There is nothing there.:o

I have had a sisal rug on my list for over a year. :oToday I went to IK3A for tea lights and napkins. I looked at the sisal rugs and realised they cannot be damp or wet cleaned. No good for me after all.... I swooned over the 100% wool Stockholm rug £160 and lovely. In my dreams…

I went to the bargain section for a nosey. There was the swoon-for Stockholm rug. No price. Found IKEA man…

‘How much is this rug?’

‘How much do you want to pay?’

‘Well the lowest possible price…’

‘Would £5 be okay?’

‘Uhm...It would’

He comes back with a £5 sticker!!!

The rug is in situ, has not a blemish and looks amazing.

So pleased…:j:j:j:j:j:j
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Wow!!! And the award for the best bargain goes to...you!!

What a nice guy!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Wow!!! And the award for the best bargain goes to...you!!

What a nice guy!
    I know!!! The guy was quite young so I had to stop myself from hugging him. He was already going red from my excessive thanking him :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • ada-or-ardor
    Options
    Oh fabulous!!! Enjoy it, I hope you'll be having a picnic on the floor tonight to celebrate!! I like to think the universe wanted to do something to cheer you up :-)

Ada
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thank you ada!
    No picnic (or crumbs ;)) but I lit tea lights and I keep looking at it. It adds such style to my little living room :) I think the universe was on my side and my mood is definitely improved as every time I look at it I smile :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey go you :grin:
    That is awesome.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure