Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 11 February 2017 at 8:53PM
    Options
    A NSD and a WFH. Work was demanding. I was pleased to WFH because the weather is pants where I live.

Today I am burning eucalyptus oil (1/2 price in HnB)

I made lots of stock from frozen turkey bones and then lots of soup. Yesterday I bought bags of wild rocket in MnS that were £2.00 reduced to 20p. I added a few bags to the soup! Had soup for lunch and supper and there is still more left

I have a second item listed on gumtr33 that someone is saying she wants. It is on for £12 and if it sells I plan on putting it straight to debt. We shall see…

In the past any spare money that came my way went on treats now I want to use it on debt shortfall. The bank may come after me for overpaying but they are welcome to look at my income again. I don’t care. I just want to make myself debt free by the end of the year

Despite the cold I didn’t do heating until after 4pm. It’s either gas for the cooker (making soup) or heating on. I don’t do both at the same time, it makes me nervous ;)

Getting sick of my TV. It has to go on 15 mins before I need to watch it otherwise I don’t get a full picture. Sometimes it flashes. Another thing I need to start saving for...:(

I still seem to be buying food for lunch and snacks on Thursday and Friday. This week it was less as i took in some food and also took my flask but I still spent too much :o

Tomorrow I plan to have a long chat with a friend in Oz. I want flowers or potted hyacinths, tea and some chocolate so I’ll walk to Aldi if it isn’t snow, ice or rain. I’ll do some cleaning and look for new things to sell on gumtr33. I like the feeling of money coming in and stuff going out :D

Happy Saturday night folks

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Wow DIA, it's all happening with you :D

Tutoring!
    A new cooker!
    Face pack Friday!
    Handy man!
    Gumtree!

All this in the last week or so! It's marvellous to read about "your journey" to debt freedom and a new life beyond. :T x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Orange_Ena wrote: »

Tutoring!
    A new cooker!
    Face pack Friday!
    Handy man!
    Gumtree!

All this in the last week or so! It's marvellous to read about "your journey" to debt freedom and a new life beyond. :T x

Echoed...and hope you find some hyacinths (my favourite:))
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Orange_Ena wrote: »

Tutoring!
    A new cooker!
    Face pack Friday!
    Handy man!
    Gumtree!

When you put it like that Orange Ena I can see I am doing so much better. Thank you :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Today I need my diary to hold me to account because my inclination is to go to bed and stay there. Family matters have unsettled me again. It is also that time of month too, so feeling tired and yuk and focusing on what I don’t have, like a lovely bathroom so I can soak in a bath in nice surroundings. :(

I need to refocus and channel this energy so I will start a list, get active and report back this evening

Wishing you a positive day

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hi DIA

Sending a hug and remember that you are allowed to give yourself a duvet day if that's what you need - sometimes a night off just curled up with a book helps you come back brighter.

You're on your way to a gorgeous bathroom - it will arrive

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 February 2017 at 5:21PM
    Options
    Thanks Rosa and Beanielou for the encouragement.

I found my big girl’s pants and I am back. The pants are pulled up to my waist. I still feel rubbish, but as Beanielou would say, I am still plodding.

I am on annual leave until the end of the week. I needed to step back a little.

Today I’ve been spending off plan. The funny thing is I think my shopping habits are changed forever. I now naturally pull towards yellow stickers or offers. I think of what I already have and what do I need to create a meal. So, although I spent today I didn’t go overboard.

Today I will do a bank balance reconciliation, draw up a budget, get back on track.

I gave up the gym last year but I want it back. I need it back. I can’t afford counselling but swimming helps me stay clear-headed and it keeps my mood stable. This is important because I am managing family stress and house stress that can sometimes feel intolerable.

I do walk and stay active but it isn’t enough. I know there are cheaper ways to stay fit. I know there is a local swimming pool, but ‘to thine own self be true’ and I can yellow sticker and NSD forever but with gyms I need nice, towels, a steam room… and I need clean. I DO. I need to an environment I want to be in when home is not that place.

I am going to get an off peak gym deal as its cheaper. I am going to ask work if on my 2 WFH days I can work until 9.00-4.30pm and have a 30 minute lunch. If they agree I will be able to use the gym potentially 5 days a week. Or I might not ask and use the gym 3 times a week minimum. We shall see…

I will make savings for this extra expense from food and coffees out.

It is all okay. It is okay. It is okay.

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    All shall be well, and all shall be well...

If gym is what makes the most difference to you, gym is the sensible thing to spend your money on. Even though we need to balance out now and our future, life is too short to remove the small pleasures.

I hope your stresses resolve

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Happy Valentines:rotfl::happyhear

:D Just spreading the love

:love::kisses3::lovethoug:happyhear
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
This discussion has been closed.