Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Beanielou. Definitely my best bargain this year :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Rug envy :D

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That is bloody AMAZING!! Wow..the universe rewarded your efforts today. You star. Well done. I have a smile on my face just reading that post!

£800 is hardly shabby. Well done on making the decision
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    PS. Like Fortune I also have new cooker envy..;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Brizzled and Fortune although cooker envy is premature, as there is an annoying 6 week wait!!! It'll be here before Easter and I can have a roast. The anticipation is killing me :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am seriously thinking of getting a lottery ticket. :)

(Although it isn't luck in one way as I contacted them and wrote a proposal and started this ball rolling...)

I just heard from the college I want to tutor at and they have offered me a term of teaching a class. It will be after work on one of the days I go in to the office for my other job, so I wouldn't be far and no extra expense in travel costs. It's 6-8pm which fits beautifully. This class is in addition to the proposal I made which the department head likes but needs section approval on.

So, my decision to ease my debt repayment by £200 should not affect me as I will earn an additional £200 PLUS from May. So, back on target for DF by the end of December 2017 :T

SO PLEASED AGAIN :j:j:j:j:j:j:j

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,692 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news for you :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    That is amazing news DIA! Things are looking up indeed :)

And what a compliment to be offered a tutorship - I hope all goes well when you begin.

I'd does help that you can enjoy that extra money guilt free without worrying how much debt you missing out on paying. Best of both worlds.

Hope the good news keeps on coming#!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks beanielou. Hope you are okay this evening.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    That is amazing news DIA! Things are looking up indeed :)

And what a compliment to be offered a tutorship - I hope all goes well when you begin.

I'd does help that you can enjoy that extra money guilt free without worrying how much debt you missing out on paying. Best of both worlds.

Hope the good news keeps on coming#!

That will do me on the good news front. It's just so nice to get some good news after a run of stagnation and rubbish happenings. Thanks JoJo. :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills