IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC At It Yet Again?

Options

Comments

• Marktheshark
    Options
    It is beyond a joke now, just when are the police going to do something about this fraud.
    We are talking about a fraud that carries automatic prison sentences here of at least 3 years.
    A campaign to MP's and chief constables might be the best way forward.
    Make the police get off their backsides and serve the public for once
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How many more times are UKPC going to say "a few rogue employees" ???
    How do we know how many fake tickets like this are issued by UKPC where people simply pay ?? Patrick Troy of the BPA won't know either and if he does not know, nor will the DVLA.

You are only seeing the ones that emerge into the public domain. Others are hidden away. For example in May 2012, the BPA Executive noted this action point.

Oxfordshire CC concern over UKPC ticketing on the highway. Kelvin Reynolds to investigate with Gareth Crane.

Since then a number of companies have continued to ticket on the highway - most recently Highview at Halton Hospital - but as most Local Authorities are members of the BPA, it gets hidden away.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LJamesP wrote: »
    I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?
    Click this link to sign the petition:
    hxxps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/118139/sponsors/Lpr1yd4oWanBTGlXuTRM

My petition:
    Ban UKPC from being able to recieve driver information from the DVLA.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/118139/sponsors/Lpr1yd4oWanBTGlXuTRM
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The only real solution to this problem is for the DVLA to turn off the EDI/data link.
    If RK data is required then a paper form should be submitted together with payment to the DVLA to cover costs.
    the form would then be manually checked by staff at the DVLA to make sure that there is a good reason to obtain RK data, private companies and traders would be charged a full rate, and private individuals/ legitimate charities a reduced fee.

Another side to this also involves patient confidentiality and hospitals.
    If a hospital patient who is not the RK drives to hospital falls victim to a PPC, and as a result the PPC writes to/contacts the RK what next??
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 10 January 2016 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Fraud by false instrument (forged documentation) is not a matter for the BPA, it is a very serious criminal offence and a police matter.

One has to wonder, just what is going on here with these parking firms and authority.
    It can not all be a "conspiracy" as some like to call the constant and deliberate fraud.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LJamesP wrote: »
    I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?
    Click this link to sign the petition:
    hxxps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/118139/sponsors/Lpr1yd4oWanBTGlXuTRM

My petition:
    Ban UKPC from being able to recieve driver information from the DVLA.

Well done for thoughts but people need to know what it's all about before they sign

It should read like the current petition
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/111925

Personally, I think UKPC will be on the ban list by the DVLA long before a petition would work.
    UKPC have now caused a mega problem for themselves and a total ban for life is the only answer from the DVLA
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Fraud by false instrument (forged documentation) is not a matter for the BPA, it is a very serious criminal offence and a police matter.

One has to wonder, just what is going on here with these parking firms and authority.
    It can not all be a "conspiracy" as some like to call the constant and deliberate fraud.

Given that a homeless person who edited an expiry date on a food bank voucher was prosecuted for fraud in my local area, it is interesting that widespread fraud by UKPC appears to be ignored by the authorities. Then again, a homeless person doesn't tend to have a team of corporate lawyers on hand to obstruct the authorities.

A visit to the public gallery at a magistrates court shows there is plenty of court capacity to deal with cases of single mothers who struggle to pay a TV licence (how dare they put food on the table for their children), along with a homeless person who stole a sandwich from a supermarket (better that the supermarket throws it in the bin at the end of the day).

P.S: I wonder whether UKPC makes any payments, either directly or indirectly, to the BPA or DVLA... :A
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »

P.S: I wonder whether UKPC makes any payments, either directly or indirectly, to the BPA or DVLA... :A

Most of have the same thought and if so, It would probably be indirectly ?

The UKPC scandal now deserves a full Police investigation including Trading Standards, into the individuals who get involved with UKPC and indeed all parking companies.
    It is now clear there is probably an underlying scam here and it is for those individuals to prove otherwise

Let's face it, the Saville exposure is still ongoing and high profile people being exposed, some in prison.
    Saville and all those involved abused others, Ok, in their case it was sexually motivated and with minors which we all despise but
    in the case of parking companies especially UKPC, they are abusing countless thousands of people throughout the UK in an attempt to extort money, extortion is a criminal offence
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    It's not clear from the article whether there have been further occurrences of this FRAUD since UKPC's reinstatement of their DVLA access. If it is still happening, then surely UKPC should face criminal charges.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The key issue here is where does the buck stop?
    in an ideal world we would see not only the management of UKPC up in front of a court, as well as Patrick Troy, who appears to be complicit in this and not to mention those who allow UKPC to operate on their land, especially following the recent news, as they too are complicit in this scandal, and that goes all the way down to the individual store managers who could boot the UKPC people off their car parks.
    And where does the buck stop? the DVLA?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure