Club lloyds 'Lifestyle Benefits'

Options

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 29 October 2017 at 2:54PM
    Options
    Pay the money in and out by standing order. Maybe use your next six cinema tickets quickly and then close the account once you've used them.

PS - might also be worth keeping open to use their monthly saver account
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Pay the money in and out by standing order.
    As they've already recognised, that's a bit dangerous (unless you leave a delay and check each and every month) with an account running a very low balance though.
  • Birdman2015
    Options
    I closed my account and went off to the cinema a couple of months later. The tickets didn't seem to work but the guy on the box office put them through manually. It wasn't till we got home that I realised why the tickets didn't work.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    As they've already recognised, that's a bit dangerous (unless you leave a delay and check each and every month) with an account running a very low balance though.

Out of interest, why is it dangerous - so long as you leave a reasonable number of days between the SOs e.g. 10th and 15th, why would they fail?
  • DennisTenus
    DennisTenus Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone know if you can prebook on the website and pick seats etc with the cinema vouchers?

I've read all the terms and conditions and it doesn't say either way. Says cant book by telephone which is normal now anyway
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Anyone know if you can prebook on the website and pick seats etc with the cinema vouchers?

I've read all the terms and conditions and it doesn't say either way. Says cant book by telephone which is normal now anyway
    Yes, you can prebook via the Vue website and choose exactly which seats you want, when you place the pre-order booking. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    Thanks is it the same for cineworld?
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks is it the same for cineworld?
    Yes, we've used them with both cinema chains and they both work in the same way, i.e. you can use a voucher to book seats with online.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    I've just realised that I can keep servicing the Club Lloyds account with £1500 a month in and out again and that will waive the £3 fee. The only thing that I won't get with the account will be any interest (without the two direct debits). Will have to put the money in manually and take it out again, as there will be no buffer in the account due to lack of interest payment.

So just got to ask myself if it is worth keeping all this going with Lloyds for the sake of a few cinema tickets. I'm leaning towards no, but OH has other ideas.

Got 6 months to mull this over.

We've decided that it is not worth it, about £9 on petrol and about a 85 min round trip, it is better value just to pay the full price at our local cinema (Odeon). It was OK when Lloyds had better savings rates and we lived nearer to the cinema options, but not now.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • DennisTenus
    Options
    Get the tickets and sell on Ebay then?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business