🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Club lloyds 'Lifestyle Benefits'

Options
Hi,
I'm looking to open a Club Lloyds account, unfortunately they don't any switch bonus or anything like that, but they do 'Lifestyle Benefits', these include:-

Annual Gourmet Society 2 for 1 offers and others

Cinema tickets, was originally Vue, they have added Cineworld, but you don't get to chose, you get whatever is nearest to you.

Hearst Magazine.

If I go for the Cinema tickets, can I see them? I'm not sure what you get, but someone with an account will.

Many Thanks

Steve

Comments

• stevec59
    stevec59 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found

http://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/club-lloyds.asp?#tab-row-3

Go down to Lifestyle Benefits

As a Club Lloyds customer you can choose a different Lifestyle Benefit every year per account

Cinema Tickets
    •6 cinema tickets to use during the year at over 80 locations across the UK.
    •Cinema tickets can be used for standard 2D admission ticket and can also be used as part payment on non-standard admission, e.g. 3D screenings.
    •Tickets are valid for 12 months.

Magazine subscription

Choose 1 of the following 25 magazines to have delivered directly to your door or downloaded to your Apple device.

Dining offers

Gourmet Society membership gives you discounts at more than 6,000 restaurants around the UK and Ireland, giving you to unlimited access to offers such as:
    •2 for 1 meals
    •25% off your total bill
    •50% off food

So I'm guessing you get physical tickets for cinema?
  • johnk
    johnk Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    If you go for cinema ticket, you will get 6 vouchers emailed to you. Each can be exchanged for a 2D ticket at the cinema.

Gourmet society is best avoided.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    stevec59 wrote: »
    Cinema tickets, was originally Vue, they have added Cineworld, but you don't get to chose, you get whatever is nearest to you.
    According to https://www.clublloyds.com/utility/page.aspx?terms, they pick a default option but ultimately you can choose which cinema chain:
    If you select cinema as your Lifestyle Benefit, the Administrator will use the postcode originally provided to Lloyds Bank to identify your nearest Cinema Supplier. You will have ability to manually change the allocated Cinema Supplier within the timeframe stipulated within your Welcome or Renewal Letter or Email. Your final choice must be communicated to the Administrator no later than the final date outlined in your Welcome Letter or Email for new customers or Renewal Letter or Email for Renewal customers. Otherwise you will be allocated your nearest cinema Supplier (for new Customers) or be deemed to have chosen the same benefit and Supplier for the following benefit year (for Renewal customers).
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    I want to choose the cinema tickets too.

Does the vouchers mean free cinema tickets or are these vouchers offer discount prices for tickets?

During the application process for the bank account online, I selected the option 'decide later' as I didn't know which benefit to choose. How do I choose it now as the account is now open?
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I get the cinema ones each year and then list them on eBay.

They are free viewing of 2d film as noted above - 3d you have to pay a little more.

I'd rather watch the films (note not movies) in the non sweet rustling home environment.

Bah popcorn
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They've recently added Cineworld (my nearest cinema).

I did ring them to ask if I could swap my current Vue vouchers (not having used any of them yet), but they're sticking to the terms and conditions which say one can only swap within 30 days - BUT the option wasn't available then!!

Got nowhere trying to make my case, and decided not to take it up with Lloyds Bank

Out of interest, what does veryintrigued make on ebay with them?
    And how do buyers know they've got the "real deal"?
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    keiran wrote: »
    Out of interest, what does veryintrigued make on ebay with them?

Search on eBay what they are currently being offered for?
    keiran wrote: »
    And how do buyers know they've got the "real deal"?

Errr why wouldn't they be from someone with a decent feedback score?
  • sparkiemalarkie
    Options
    I had my cinema tickets/vouchers sent through the post as my computer broke down and I lost all my emails.
    You are able to upgrade your tickets if you want, for 3d and 'posh' seating....
    Could try selling on Gumtree too

sparkie
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    we opt for the Vue cinema tickets.
  • stevec59
    stevec59 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like cinema tickets for me then, I might use some myself, the local is 20 miles away and sell the others to friends or eBay, seen a few listed on eBay £5.95 free p&p, by the time eBay take there cut and postage you're not gonna make a fortune, maybe £3 per ticket, so £18 for 6.
    Mind you if my wife opens an account and we add a joint, that's 3 accounts in total we can sell loads of tickets, she might want some magazines but nothing on the list interests me
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure