🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Stash Busting 2016 - I WILL use my mountains of craftstash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    A bit more wool used up for me. My youngest daughter works in a nursery and wanted a friendly looking and safe to cuddle elf for work. So it can have some elf on the shelf fun during December. I found a pattern for a tooth pixie in a jean greenhough book I had and adapted that. Here is my result
    934x5h.th.jpg
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    your elf is so cute! Great work, mrs-m.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    All of these cards look great. As do the other bits people have made. I love the elf. I keep thinking I would love to be able to knit. Hence the wool. Then when I try it's usually a disaster - hence the Pom poms now. At least I will use up the woolly bits I have. Hopefully soon as there wasnt too much.

I mentioned wanting a polystyrene wreath to the mil. She has been handed one recently with a bell and a heart with small pins. So it sounds as though I can make a wreath for free but will end up with some other crafting bits to use up too.

This may be a good or a bad thing. Hey ho.

I'm looking forward to getting some bits actually finished and I'm going on strike next weekend so I can stay in and do things for me.

Nothing actually finished this week. I do have plans though and will get to actually make something soon.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • wit40iwtwan
    wit40iwtwan Posts: 398 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 November 2016 at 5:45PM
    Options
    Could I join in - I know it is late in 2016 but having just learnt the word SABLE I have decided to challenge myself to complete a few UFO's hanging about my sewing room.

I hope to complete 5 items in the coming weeks till the end of 2016:

1 - buttons on jacket, hole in trousers & sew in threads of completed blanket

2 - Baby knitted top/fleece bottom quilt

3 - Christmas felt ornaments & Stocking

4 - felted jumper embroidered quilt & corners of cat quilt

5 - wedding sampler thing - DECIDE what it will be but really 20 years as unfinished ends in 2016!!

In 2017 I will have a much bigger list and hopefully my stash will reduce to manageable proportions and stop overwhelming me with the possibilities whenever I enter the room!
    Well lets see - I dip in and out of MSE all the time but I still come back - have done since 2007!!! 2023 - Fashion on a ration - 5/66 2023 - 1p Chalenge - £18 in Monzo pot (cannot do pennies so am rounding up)2023 - Frugal Living - Budget still to be finalised - ambition is to cut my food budget by 20% by shopping smarter and meal planning 2023 - January - NSD 15/20 February - NSD 3/15
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Welcome wit40wtwan, your craft list sounds lovely.

I've just started a beaded jumper, hoping to get it finished in time for Christmas
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • greentiger
    Options
    Hi, wit40wtwan, you're right to join in now. The point is to do something about the stash we have, not just admire it (what I do) or pretend it isn't there.

Let's take back our Space!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2016 at 12:50PM
    Options
    Made an owl toy/cushion yesterday, found another I'd cut out and forgotten about that was promised to my youngest niece so plan to get that finished today.

I did prep some crafting yesterday, I sprayed 28 old scratched CDs green and sorted out some balls of green wool, assorted ribbons and about 200 buttons in shades of red. Just need to find another 2 CDs then I have enough for every child in the class to make one of those wreath decorations. More stash busted
    cvoWVZ.th.jpg

Both owls now finished.

Stash busted total up to 178
    SPC~12 ot 124

• nimbo
    Options
    I have this evening gone through my broken jewellery stash tonight. I have taken charms for recycling and chucked a load.

I still need to sort a new storage solution for my remaining earrings. I also need to clean them. It's Not exactly a massive thing to have done but it has pushed the earrings higher up the list of things to do.

Wit 40. I hope you have some fun getting the things on the list sorted out. They sound eclectic.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
  • greentiger
    Options
    teeny weeny bit of stash busted today - grandson needed something spotty for school on Friday for their Children n Need event. I oly had a little bit of fabric so now he has an oversized bow tie!

30893331702_f42026e851_n.jpgspotty bow tie by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr
  • nimbo
    Options
    I have managed another 10 pom Poms. They won't exactly resolve the stash issue but hey ho.

I have gone through my scrabble tiles and picked out some Christmas themed words to hopefully use in the next few weeks.

does anyone have any ideas for using up massive amounts of scrabble tiles. With limited letters? I'm counting the destahs there as two.

420 / 500. So far.

I hope you've all been busy and making stuff. The pictures are all really inspiring. I think I have to sort out my photobuckey account for next years challenge. It's been on the list year and just not got round to it yet. Haha

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family