Stash Busting 2016 - I WILL use my mountains of craftstash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome angelis
    Can't wait to see some photos of your makes as they get finished
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooooh that sounds interesting.

Faux Dermi - is that making stage heads for over the fire from jumpers etc? I want a patch work stag for the front room. In the fictional House I am yet to buy. Haha

I've been eyeing up a silver smithing course for a Christmas prezzie. I'm kind of intrigued. but don't want to be collecting more stuff for new crafts.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, angelis, hadn't heard of that before; I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • greentiger
    Options
    30661789422_3e0800f9bf.jpgAnd so it begins ... by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr

Getting ready for C******** with some cards for the kids. Would you believe I have enough of this kit left to make 11 more? Silly me, this is the stashbusting thread; of course you believe! Watch this space!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    edited 8 November 2016 at 1:00PM
    Options
    Made 7 things this afternoon, three Christmas cards and 4 decorations. I'm having a play to see what the kids will manage easily on school decoration day.
    My DD1 has been busy as well she sent me a photo of a pallet tree she's crafted this afternoon.

Sewed another 6 stockings together tonight so that brings make to 173. Not a bad total so far hoping to get to 200 by years end.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • greentiger
    Options
    Good going, mrs-m.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    edited 8 November 2016 at 12:51PM
    Options
    They were only little quick makes really, the cards were printed Christmas carols sheet music (copyright free printealbes off Pinterest) ripped into strips and stuck on card to form a Christmas tree shape then a star on top (idea from pintrest) then the Deccy was three Christmas cake cases folded into quarters and tucked into each other again makes a tree shape with a hanging loop through the top one. (Idea from Pinterest) others were a printout found on Pinterest again sheet of circles or stars you just fold them in half and stick them together to make a little 3D ball with six or star with five, aha going loop through the middle again.
    The stocking were already knitted so just neede sewing together. I've got 10 more of them to make, then need to add little name labels
    SPC~12 ot 124

• nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 November 2016 at 7:52PM
    Options
    So I haven't really completed anything as such... But have got 'projects' finished.

I have managed to set up the printer (this has been on my crafty to do list since May). This only took me one hour - and then my fella another 30 minutes. So while he slaved away I tidied the room a bit... The thing that finally got it to work - turning if off and on again - like it hadn't been done 15 times already... haha.

Printed a few pages from some free CD roms I had - with fairies etc on them... these will be pages in journals - I won't count them until they're finished and actually made into journals. I have changed two ink cartridges - and will need to buy some more (magenta as i have none left and even though it was replaced it isn't totally working).

408 / 500

I realise it isn't much but it is a small win.

So my next plans are -

1 - a shelf for craft room. I have a funny alcove and a shelf the width and maybe 2/3 of the depth of it would be really useful. Using up some pallet wood and dowels. I may have to buy a drill bit (Lost one but it was less than £1 last time from screw fix).

2 - Another Christmas journal for the mother in law.

3 - A fairy journal - once i've got more ink

4 - Wash the beach glass etc...

5 - Pom poms.

I'm glad everyone is on target. And those Christmas crafts sound lush. I've been eyeing up some origami stars - which I think may get added to the list at some point.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • mrs-moneypenny
    edited 8 November 2016 at 1:00PM
    Options
    http://pin.it/IdwvP6B

Used a couple of scratched DVDs to make Christmas decorations, they were a nice easy make so will take them into school as possibles for decoration day samples.

175 total
    SPC~12 ot 124

• greentiger
    Options
    More cards

30621870770_02ace1c06f_n.jpgBox Pops 2 by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr

30621871360_5a033f8b08_n.jpgGet Well by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr

30806847062_038449bdff_n.jpgEmily 5 by Bobbie Doctor, on Flickr
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories