Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm going to declare a no spend for March as I have no money left so can't spend on anything and I'm staying away from shops. So I'm still £12.50 up for the year because of a refund.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    32b3in2013 If you are going to have a spend up do it in style girl ;) Enjoy your new clothes :D

vintagegal re the lovebite sad and pathetic well done to you as I would have pointed it out and fell about laughing.What a role model to your children he is :( I do hope one of the children asked what it was ;)
    Bet he will come in for some stick when he goes into work Tuesday.:D

Glad you had a lovely time with your Children and no spending on clothes :) You should be very proud of yourself shame the ex cant say the same ;)

I have not spent a penny on clothes for the whole of March so will declare early as I am not going anywhere to spend anything for the next couple of days :T

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,409 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Still no spends for me this month.
    But I am very happy I have bought hubby a new coat ( much needed, the zip had broken and he ripped it the other day) for his birthday. It was in the sale from £169 down to £63 and then I use my £5 voucher bringing it down to £58.00

Well done everyone on their no spends for the month.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    I have had a spend in M&S outlet.
    Got a Cardi, jumper, tshirt and scarf for the princely sum of £42.73.
    That brings my total for the year to £95.41/£300.
    Slightly over budget but will hopefully bring it back during April.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Vintagegal you should've pulled a scarf out of his bags and dangled it in front of his face, eyebrow raised :rotfl: I guess in reality what he does now is up to him, so long as it doesn't affect your children. Think of that lovely sewing room you now have :D

32b3in2013 that was a splurge in style, though at least you are considering your spends. I've done similar last couple of times I've been to the US. Spent (in my mind) quite a lot, but not really spent in between.
    ..that said there's still a few items that have tags on....must wear those too :o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello

I've had a proper grumpy couple of days. I think I am entering the angry stage now. I have screamed and shouted at him today and made him take everything that was here, only thing remaining is his office chair which I am going to put in the garage in the morning.
    I lost the plot.
    I don't even know what I said but the bits I remember were pretty 'ouch'. I don't normally swear but I'm pretty sure I used words he won't have heard me use before. I think the love bite tipped me over the edge....:)

Went out today to get some lampshades and storage boxes for sewing patterns, didn't look at any clothes though. Did some ironing and put a few dresses in the perpetual charity shop bag that we seem to have.

Feeling in control still in terms of clothes shopping and finances. More than I have done in a long time. I hope it lasts..

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hmmm, perhaps in that case vintagegal it is best to keep you, him and long items you might be tempted to wind round his neck apart for the moment, I don't want to have to be posting on the OS board for the best cake recipe to bake a file into to bust you out of prison ;)

Seriously though, angry is good / fine / whatever you need to do. Sounds like you needed to let off steam / air your thoughts to make the next step to moving on ( to that lovely sewing room and all that extra space you can make just how you want it).

Well done for staying away from the clothes shops :T
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Hmmm, perhaps in that case vintagegal it is best to keep you, him and long items you might be tempted to wind round his neck apart for the moment, I don't want to have to be posting on the OS board for the best cake recipe to bake a file into to bust you out of prison ;)

Seriously though, angry is good / fine / whatever you need to do. Sounds like you needed to let off steam / air your thoughts to make the next step to moving on ( to that lovely sewing room and all that extra space you can make just how you want it).

Well done for staying away from the clothes shops :T

Thanks kerri gt, I think angry might be a positive step forward to be honest. Until now I have just been crying all the time. And he has been taking advantage of me, getting me to get him things from ikea and plan his new decor.

Anyway I will try not to go on about it anymore, I am probably in danger of hijacking this thread completely! It is interesting that I am managing not to buy clothes though... These things must be linked
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vintagegal you're not hijacking thread - feel free to vent. Well done on controlling your spending x
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 29 March 2016 at 7:54AM
    Options
    vintagegal The only time you are to step foot in Ikea or plan decor is if its your own needs and NOT his :D

It is very healthly to vent like you did at him its the way it goes upset turns to anger.

Now start to plan for you and your children making your lives how you want them.

I am glad the spending is under control and you can now understand why it got the way it did.

We are all being soooooo good and long may it last ;) It looks like all of us are much more aware of what we are buying and spending so well done to us all :T:T:T:T:T

Hope you all had a lovely Easter :)

Mav x

Also need to point out that me one of the worst spenders and budget blowers on here has spent £12.74 in 3 months yes 3 months that works out at an average of £4.31 a month so will see if I can get that average down haha

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family