Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 March 2016 at 3:13PM
    Options
    M&s sent me a £5 voucher in the week. Went in and bought a pair of stocking soles for £5.
    Also bought 2 x knickers for £6, which were reduced, Used vouchers for this. So no spend still in tact.

0/£600 spend so far this year. (6 months since I have physically paid for any clothes - have only used Christmas and other vouchers).
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • rawdinosaur
    rawdinosaur Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    £6 spent on a couple of tank tops from Tesco. Just keeping track of my spending this year really highlights how often I go out shopping for clothes even if I don't always end up buying anything.

Also spent £24 on a leotard & skirt but since this is for a ballet performance I won't count it as part of my clothes budget.
    Money made on etsy in April: £0
    Money made on ebay in April: £0
  • Clarey008
    Clarey008 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, sounds like people are still being good. I bought a top for £15.99 reduced from £39.99 in Gap. I am pleased with it as I think it will be useful for lots of things. Being on the challenge made me think before buying. Sounds like a lot of you have had to put up with a load of carp from your ex-husbands. More fool them as you all sound lovely :)
    Mortgage Dec 2015 - £21545 Apr 2016 - £19930
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016 £79.98/£150
  • vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    M&s sent me a £5 voucher in the week. Went in and bought a pair of stocking soles for £5.
    Also bought 2 x knickers for £6, which were reduced, Used vouchers for this. So no spend still in tact.

0/£600 spend so far this year. (6 months since I have physically paid for any clothes - have only used Christmas and other vouchers).

Dear gem gem, what is a stocking sole?

I didn't buy any clothes this weekend despite buying 5 pairs of shoes for the children! And some jeans for my son which he really needed. I did treat myself to some flowers for the house though, they look lovely and cheerful.
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Snap vintagegal No clothes for me either but treated myself to some lovely fresh flowers at the weekend :D They do always make the house nicer and more cheerful.

I also have no idea what a stocking sole is either.Come on Gem-Gem put us out of our misery ;)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    vintagegal wrote: »
    Dear gem gem, what is a stocking sole?

I didn't buy any clothes this weekend despite buying 5 pairs of shoes for the children! And some jeans for my son which he really needed. I did treat myself to some flowers for the house though, they look lovely and cheerful.

Dear Vintagegal and MavvyMoo,
    I'm not sure of the real name but it is the foot part of a stocking. It is something that you can wear on your feet to protect them. But the idea is that you don't see the stocking. It doesn't cover your legs. I plan in wearing them with 3/4 length trousers or skirts / dresses when you don't want tights on.
    Gem-gem x
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • vintagegal
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    Dear Vintagegal and MavvyMoo,
    I'm not sure of the real name but it is the foot part of a stocking. It is something that you can wear on your feet to protect them. But the idea is that you don't see the stocking. It doesn't cover your legs. I plan in wearing them with 3/4 length trousers or skirts / dresses when you don't want tights on.
    Gem-gem x

Ah, I think I call them a footsie. I don't know if I made that up!
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ah, I think I call them a footsie. I don't know if I made that up!

I don't think you made it up, I'm sure I've seen them referred to as that. I used to wear them many moons ago but they never stayed on my feet and just ended up bunched up at one end of my shoes.

My leggings from China arrived, haven't tried them on but on first inspection they look very thin, ie not good for yoga, people really do not need to see my knickers :eek: so may be straight in the eBay, or car boot pile.

Wore my new capris to class tonight, love them :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• vintagegal
    Options
    [/QUOTEM]My leggings from China arrived, haven't tried them on but on first inspection they look very thin, ie not good for yoga, people really do not need to see my knickers :eek: so may be straight in the eBay, or car boot pile.

Wore my new capris to class tonight, love them :D[/QUOTE]

Did you read last weeks Grazia - there was an article about naked yoga!
    Maybe thats a money saving step too far....
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options

Did you read last weeks Grazia - there was an article about naked yoga!
    Maybe thats a money saving step too far....

i don't tend to read any magazines (:money::rotfl:) so didn't see it..OMG, that really is a step too far, I mean its a little close for comfort already when you have to do some poses and lean over (I am thankful at least facing one way its my husband who will be the one to head butt my bum :rotfl:) Plus there is a VERY good reason some people wear sports bras :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family