Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2016

Options

Comments

• 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vintagegal, take his stuff to the charity shop and send him a message with a picture of the shop saying 'your clothes are here if you want them'
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    32b3in2013 wrote: »
    Vintagegal, take his stuff to the charity shop and send him a message with a picture of the shop saying 'your clothes are here if you want them'

Sounds like a good idea, I've moved them all into one wardrobe tonight and it's older stuff that I bet he doesn't really want.

I am determined to make this mine and the children's home. I've taken down two pictures that were his as well and he said I can sell them and keep whatever I get, so I'll put that in the refurb kitty! Every little helps!
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Vintagegal I think that was very nice of you to bother to move them into a wardrobe - personally i was going to say stick them all in bags, next time he's round (assuming he comes round to see the kids) say 'there is all is, if you don't take it, its going to charity' - or 'take it with you, if you don't want it, you take it to charity' x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• ScotinLondon
    Options

I agree with 32b3in2013....

I got the belts and a pair of trousers from H&M (all in the sale) - all via a gift card. However, trousers a bit too tight, so will exchange for one size up :(. The trousers are meant to be cropped trousers but they are full length on me...so happy.

On a separate note, not sure if anybody shops at H&M - if you take in clothes for recycling to them, they give a voucher. Am going to try it today and see what happens.

Have a good day all

SIL
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    vintgalgal I also agree with the others. Dont ask tell him you want it out of your house and let the other women deal with the carp why should you have it cluttering up your life.

I just put all my ex-husbands carp in to binbags and chucked it out of a 3rd floor window :rotfl:without doing the bags up so everything was all over the street :D As I wasnt walking down 3 flights of stairs with stuff he should have taken the week before.He Did did come collect as he was only around the corner at that time ;)While I heard things being shouted like 'shes bl**dy mental' and lost the plot while he was scrabbling around the floor picking up stuff and loading his car :rotfl:

Still not been tempted to buy anything as I am getting rid of stuff as I also have far too much still.

So already on 8 weeks out of 25 not buying anything ;)

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mavvymoo wrote: »
    vintgalgal I also agree with the others. Dont ask tell him you want it out of your house and let the other women deal with the carp why should you have it cluttering up your life.

I just put all my ex-husbands carp in to binbags and chucked it out of a 3rd floor window :rotfl:without doing the bags up so everything was all over the street :D As I wasnt walking down 3 flights of stairs with stuff he should have taken the week before.He Did did come collect as he was only around the corner at that time ;)While I heard things being shouted like 'shes bl**dy mental' and lost the plot while he was scrabbling around the floor picking up stuff and loading his car :rotfl:

Still not been tempted to buy anything as I am getting rid of stuff as I also have far too much still.

So already on 8 weeks out of 25 not buying anything ;)

Mav x

ha ha I love it!
    His car is in my garage so I COULD put it all in there... but thats still not very dramatic is it?! I'm going to box up all the drawer stuff, I know he doesnt have a chest of drawers yet but thats hardly my fault is it??

I've finished reading my book on narcissism and understand a bit better why I have felt and been behaving as I have. You can't fix a narcissist, they are just toxic and can't be with people. They lure you in by being vulnerable and intense and making you feel special, then ignore you (in my case for many years) and behave with complete selfishness. So you run around like a crazy person trying to please them, and make them love you like they 'used to'. Then they reject you and repeat with someone new!

Well done mavvymoo on the 8 weeks. This will be my 5th week and I have never gone this long in my adult life without buying anything. I was obviously trying to replace something missing in my life. I have to go shopping tomorrow to get the childrens feet measured but am not intending to look at anything for me. I certainly don't want new clothes more than I want to make my home mine! Planning to do some more clearing at the weekend and sell those pictures!

Happy Friday everyone
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    vintagegal There is your answer shove it in his car and get it out of your house. Fill the car up with all his carp and then tell him to collect the car or you are going to park it outside somewhere (do you have the keys?)

You keep reading about narcissism as no you cant fix him.You are better than that and think of it as he has done you the biggest favour that he ever could do :D Just a heads up when he sees how well you are doing and how strong you are getting. He wont like it so be prepared and dont get sucked in again ;)
    If you ever see her and get chance to have a chat ;) Do what I did shake her hand and thank her so much for taking him off your hands as she has done you the biggest favour ever and wish her luck and walk away (and dont let them see you laughing ):rotfl:as you hot foot it into the distance :D

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    edited 18 March 2016 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Vintagegal - I can't add anything extra other than agree with what everyone else has posted on here.
    On a separate note, not sure if anybody shops at H&M - if you take in clothes for recycling to them, they give a voucher. Am going to try it today and see what happens.

Os with regards to H&M - I had a few bits of clothing that was going to go into the ragging bins at the supermarket - took it to H&M...Got a £5 voucher for it. However, you have to spend £25+ to make use of it (doesn't help if you are trying to get rid of clothes and not wanting to spend (LOL)) & it doesn't have a long expiry date - so will need to find something from there soon or give the voucher to one of the young 'uns at work - see if they can find something for themselves.

Still on the hunt for another pair of work trousers - Blue & brown i would ideally like.

Have a good rest of the day all.

SIL
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 March 2016 at 9:13AM
    Options
    Good morning

I haven't spent anything this week, but last week I bought a pair of trainers. I bought them to replace the ones I sold on eBay. They are very comfortable and I have already worn them a few times for work as they are plain black. The Nike outlet had an additional 20% off last weekend so they cost me £52.

I have updated my total, which isn't looking good :eek:

Edit, I have added back the money I got for the trainers I sold :D

Keep going everyone

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March 2016 at 11:56AM
    Options
    £1 spent on a plain black top from the CS - just one of those items that are incredibly handy.

Ooh & I've finally shifted the kilo I put on when I gave up sugar simply by eating consciously. Just the kilo of winter weight to go. I've noticed a difference in myself during the last few days - more energy & spring-like (even if the weather isn't reflecting that !!
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport