Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just a quick post to say Sainsbobs have 25% off their clothing & shoes from tomorrow.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • ScarlettMcCain
    Options
    Thanks Floss! MIL 'helpfully' tumble dried all my clothes on holiday - I now have jeans which are too short and my new cropped loose linen trousers have turned into pedal pushers :(

Body Shop online have a sale on - if you Google you can find a code for 40% off as well (not sure if it changes every day) - I've just stocked up on some bits for me and some early Xmas goodies!
    Finally debt free!! March 2018 :j
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I went to the pub last night for a night of dancing and had a fantastic evening. When my friend was driving me home, I admitted to her that my knees, thighs and back were now reminding me that I am 54 years old. :rotfl:

I wore my M & S Autograph black velour vest top with big black 'gems' around the front neckline. I wore it with my long black velour M & S Autograph skirt, my patent black leather Van Dal Sling back shoes and my black Kaleidoscope cardigan. I wore solid gold earrings, 2 solid gold and diamonique rings, a solid gold bracelet and solid gold fancy link chain and 3D crucifix. I layered my perfume with body powder and body lotion. I wore my black long leather Jacket, black scarf and my black leather gloves. I was carrying my black patent leather Osprey handbag.

Maman my granddaughter is always well behaved when she stays with us. I give her very firm boundaries and she accepts them. We had a lovely evening with her tonight. There was lots of laughter in my home. :D We are all going to our local eat as much as you like Chinese tomorrow for lunch. :D No more Pizza Express for us, as I am all out of Clubcard vouchers at the moment. ;)

LL I hope you are still enjoying your roses. I have watched that subtitled film about Coco Chanel and I loved it. :)

Welcome Clippy. It sounds as if your new hair cut really suits you even if it means more maintenance for you on your hair, it was worth it.

Ruby, so good to read such a long, informative post from you. I thought it was illegal in the UK to make a woman who is on Maternity Leave redundant? Thanks for the heads up on Body Shop online.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Lots of positive vibes on here these days. Glad to hear you are all well and busy fabbing.

Hello Ruby.......lovely to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the job (and the adventures with the tumble dryer).:eek: still it's a nice excuse to treat yourself to something new. Glad you enjoyed Australia, sounds like the break gave you a bit of thinking time - probably something you dont get a lot of with twins.

I have never had a personal shopper (my OH was brilliant though at helping me, he had a good eye). I did get my colours done once, I can recommend that.

A good tip about looking on the internet for advice about body shapes etc. I think if you can dress for your shape and learn which colours suit you best then you can learn from there.

One tip and I know MAman will second this. Charity shops are a good way of experimenting and flirting with different styles and colours. Any mistakes don't break the bank and anyway sometimes it's nice to just to ring the changes. Sometimes it's good to step out of your comfort zone and try something you wouldn't normally go for.

Physio this morning and then an eye test this afternoon.....so a bit of a "medical" day. :rotfl:

Clippy, glad you are pleased with your hair. It makes such a difference when we like our heir.

Floss. Thanks for the tip about Sainsbobs.. I'll pop over tomorrow. I would like some grey or black jeans and I could do with a couple of sweaters or tops.

The roses look lovely, white, pink and deep red. It's a shame the smell has been bred out of them (unless of course you buy really expensive ones) but for the price they add a nice touch of colour and luxury to the sitting room.

Sugarbaby...your dancing sounds fab a fun way to exercise and stay in shape. Just as soon as I'm a bit fitter I'm going to look for dance opportunities. Just yoga and stretching for me at the moment and trying to walk more. Managed a nice walk yesterday in the park, not really enough but it's a start.......
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on Body Shop ruby. There are a few things of theirs that I use but DH loves the body splash they do so he'll stock up.

Totally agree about charity shops LL. And although I've not used it myself I think sugar gets some good buys on ebay as do many of my friends. DD1 has some lovely handbags from there.

Like most 'sales' it means a bit of browsing. Sometimes you can be lucky other times it's just tat but worth a look if you have the time. I had two bargains on Friday. One, a green satin body which matches my silky pleated skirt perfectly. That was on a sale rail in our little local branch of New Look. It was only £5 and it's just simple and sleeveless but it's ideal. The other is a long sleeved thick cotton Tom Baker purple top from the CS. That's really just for around the house but at £4 I'm pleased with it.

Sorry to hear about the tumble drier incident ruby. I need new black jeans as mine are looking a bit scruffy for smart casual. Asda had some 'stay black' ones advertised but when you go into the shops it's overwhelming. There are so many variations of sizes, leg widths, lengths, stretchiness, colour etc. and they don't seem to stock them all in one place. M&S are particularly awful for this. I'm not going to bother this week as it's half term but I do need to bite the bullet and find something suitable.

Thursday is my next fabbing occasion. I'm out to lunch in a country pub with former colleagues. As I don't think any of my jeans are smart enough at the moment I'll probably wear the narrow black trousers with a jumper again. The trousers are cut really well but as they're New Look the fabric isn't great. I'm thinking of getting a similar pair from M&S as they're so useful.

Glad to hear your DGD behaves well for you sugar. It's amazing isn't it how they respond to boundaries and respect. Have a great week.:)
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Had to get a mole on my back checked out this morning at my Doctor's, but unfortunately there was only a locum available. :( He was in a hurry even though there was only 1 other patient in the waiting room. :( He diagnosed a benign cyst under the mole. :) He would not listen when I tried twice to explain how painful the cyst was and how the pain was continuous and severe enough to have woken me out of a deep sleep when I turned over in my sleep and lay on the cyst :mad:. Every single movement on my body seems to make the pain worse. :eek: He gave me a referral to have the cyst scanned at my local hospital to confirm his diagnosis and see what the cyst contains.

A serious relief the cyst is benign, but he did not offer any solution to the pain and now I am having broken sleep and difficulty getting to sleep so it was a serious concern of mine.

I also went to my local hospital to have a blood test done to check the sugar in my blood. Results should be back at my Doctor's surgery in a week.

I had a lovely lunch with my GD and my son in the local eat as much as you like Chinese restaurant. We all had 2 level plates of food. I got a takeaway for my daughter as she did not want to come with us to the restaurant after all.

I wore a black suede effect asymmetrical hem black skirt with a cerise M & S scoop neck short sleeved t-shirt, cerise with black trim Kaleidoscope jumper with black ankle socks and my black leather Slazenger trainers. I wore my long black leather jacket and was carrying my black leather everyday handbag. Perfume but no make up.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have never felt less fab........

Frozen shoulder, trapped nerve in leg, upset stomach, chest pains, Blinding headache. I Have upset my sister because I can't take dad to the hospital today, I have upset a friend because I had to cancel anojtimg heatwrday.

Do you know what whilst I'm sorry to inconvenience them all I feel too ill to care what they think. :o I'm fed up with being the strong one. :o

I just feel as if my body has said "enough". I shall carry on reading and keeping up with you all but I need to rest my shoulder so no typing for a while.

I just wanted to say to Sugarbaby. I am sorry your doctor gave you such short shrift but please don't neglect that cyst. Please get it checked out and get proper treatment, keep nagging them.

Don't forget fab Friday tomorrow. I will do my best .......
  • ScarlettMcCain
    Options
    LL, so sorry to hear how rubbish you're feeling. Do have a good rest and put yourself first for a while; I think friends and family should understand that these things happen sometimes (funnily enough a friend has cancelled lunch with me today because of a tummy bug!), it sounds like you need a nice relaxing day keeping warm.

And I completely agree about the cyst, I hope Sugarbabygets better answers from another doctor, especially if there's no news on when further diagnosis/ treatment will take place.

Thank you for everyone's help about the style consultant :) I had my colours done a few years ago which was useful, and I do think a stylist would help too, but that'll probably have to wait till I can afford it (a long time!!) so a cheapy Debenhams option might be the way forward in the meantime. I actually bought some jeggings from Sainsbobs as I found out that MIL had also shrunk my only decent pair of jeans :( and they are very comfy, never tried them before. I do like a bit of CS shopping too, it's just tricky with a double buggy in tow!
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    edited 27 October 2016 at 12:32PM
    Options
    Just hopping on to echo Ruby and LL, sugarbaby - I hope you manage to get that cyst sorted out.
    And sending "hugs" to you LL; take care of yourself and I hope you feel better very soon.
  • ScarlettMcCain
    Options
    As far as I know it is illegal to make people on maternity leave redundant, Sugarbaby. However as work did it when I was discussing my return, that apparently is allowed :(

I should receive my settlement tomorrow, at which point I can call my debt management company to ask whether I could pay off some (or preferably all!) of the debt I still have - that would really be a load off my mind. Then I need to look into which benefits I'm entitled to, presumably not JSA as I'm not actively jobseeking at the moment.

Hope everyone has had a very fab weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport