Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    ...I've been fancying sexy boots for a few years sugar, either black patent or suede is what I want. The trouble is to look good they have to fit properly and I've found that some are either too loose on the calves or look like wellies! Another thing to keep looking for...

Try looking on Shoeaholics, it is the Kurt Geiger / Carvela online outlet. I bought some black patent boots last year and they were hardly off my feet. I've had a few pairs from there and MSE often blag an extra discount on their sales too ;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Ellsbel
    Ellsbel Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic news Maddie. So pleased for you:T:)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great news maddie .You've smashed the target!:T
    What happens now to maintain? :)
    Thanks for the link floss .I'll take a look. :)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Floss - I have been quietly drooling for a little while since I followed your link. Heaven for shoeaholics:D

Maman - More of the same, I think the top range is about 15, but I have been told that the treatment will be for life.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maddie that's great news.
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Fab Friday to you all.

No idea how long since it is since I last posted, life has been incredibly busy with three overseas holidays in 5 weeks and almost every night out in the two weeks I was back in the country. Holidays were all fab in different ways, stunning views in Austria, lovely yoga, food and medieval towns in Italy and especially lovely company on the walks on the Camino in Spain.

Anyway, life should be a bit calmer for the rest of the year. I have a couple of weekends away next month and some nights out, but nothing too hectic.

Priority number one over coming weeks is to get my house sorted out post bed bug and moth treatment. All my clothes (bar the ones on the airer post holiday) are in black bin bags and all my towels / bed linen are in bin bags and as they emerge I want to have a very good clear out. If it's too big, too shabby, not getting worn despite fitting fine, too small and not likely to get used even if I do shrink into it, it's going to the charity shop. Any bed linen with stains (and bed bugs do cause them as they leak blood if you roll on them after they have bitten you... gross I know) can go (might keep a couple as dust sheets as plan to repaint my bedroom), and I have way more towels than I need so any shabby ones can go to the animal shelter. If all that doesn't give me enough space for clothes to hang more freely I will put my summer ones in zip lock bags (I bought a few) and review them again next year - hoping some will be too big by then. There are a few new clothes for winter I have my eye on but am going to wait until I can see the wood for the trees in my wardrobe and know what I really need. Top priority is likely to be 2-3 really good cardigans - ones that can layer over lots of outfits and be used instead of jacket so longer length rather than cropped. I have a chunky cream one that gets a lot of use but I actually don't like - practical but unflattering.

I also need to focus on my health. I know when I am busy cooking tends to go by the wayside so I have been incredibly indulgent and not at all MSE and ordered myself 12 days worth of fresh prepared vegan meals from the Detox kitchen. I love their deli and it will stop me from resorting to take aways etc while I get the house sorted. Hopefully it will kick start a bit of weight loss and inspire me to prepare similar after I have home straight again. I found the vegan food in Italy really kind to my stomach - it acts up if I have dairy - and having had to stay in Spain for three extra days with food poisoning I think my stomach needs a bit of kindness at the moment.

I have to go to the hospital to get my foot MRI'd on Monday to try to get to the bottom of some ongoing foot pain. X rays suggest I have some unusual bone deterioration which sounds alarming but I am trying to just keep busy and not worry about it. It's not causing me pain while walking and hopefully never will - I can't imagine a life without hiking.

Once the decluttering is done I can start doing some daily yoga practice - just don't have the floor space at the moment with all my bin bags all over the floor. I really loved my yoga in Italy and they've sent us some links to videos of things we could do home alone, and I have a DVD I have been meaning to try too.

I do want to do some more decluttering of books etc, but at least they are all on shelves so not under my feet in the same way as my bin bags are.

I've signed up to be a tester for the Beauty Bible so I have a number of beauty products to test over the next three months - some look really good, they've picked some good products for me given the tricky preferences I sent them and I've got way more value than the £30 I paid for them.

Anyway, better hit the shower and get ready for work - I worked from home yesterday but am going into the office today.

Congratulations to all of you who have had good news / successes and big hugs to those of you facing challenges. will try to be less of a stranger over coming weeks and get up to date with all your news x
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 October 2016 at 11:05AM
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies......

FAb Friday here again......my how time flies. It's a lovely quiet autum day and a very pale sun is trying very hard.......:rotfl:

MAddie....what fantastic news. I am so pleased that the immunoglobulin worked so well. Isn't it wonderful how medical science can now offer these miraculous solutions. They did consider it for my husband at one stage but alas it wouldn't have helped.

Given that you will need it for life I hope the treatment isn't too rough for you. Be sure to take extra good care of yourself. Dr LL prescribes lots of TLC....;)

Same all you poorly ones..... the clocks go back next week so time to up,the TLC....good skin care, healthy foods, maybe some vitamins. I have just started taking vitamin D.

I came across a new expression - it's called "Hygge". I think it's either Danish or Norwegian.....anyway basically it means getting snug and cosy, preparing our homes for winter..........adding warmth and light to our houses. So nice fires, candles, throws, hearty winter food, nice winter hobbies.

Yesterday I made a hearty casserole with dumplings.......my sons face really lit up when he saw it.:rotfl:

Indie......what a fabulous catch up post. I used to be a member of one of those beauty clubs, I have been thinking of joining one again, they are a great way of trying out new products.

I too am having another declutter. I now have quite a pile of books, clothes and assorted "komono" (is that the right word) for the charity shop. I made a start on my wardrobe this week and I also want to do the kitchen cupboards too.

MAman......you've triggered an idea in me. I have decided to make a tall boutique hotel style headboard. I thought about just buying one until I saw the prices.....:rotfl: the ones I liked were £350 :eek:I reckon I can make my own for around £50.

DS2 is off now for his "weekend" so we will drive over to one of the DIY sheds to pick up the wood for the frame. I have seen the foam and the batting on Amazon so I just need to mooch round Dunhelm for some nice fabric. I wil.also look for fabric for cushions.

I have also decided to paint our "Mexican pine" dining room furniture. They are good solid pieces and look nice enough but I fancy a change. I am thinking a sort of pale Paris grey. Anyway a nice little winter project - a bit of house fabbing to tie in with "Hygge"

Great songs there Sugarbaby...I love Peggy Lees "Fever". Sends chills down my spine.......

This morning. I woke up with "It's a New Day" running through my head. I love Nina Simone.

ELlsbel. Hope you feel better soon. It was good you were offered an interview but I think you are right to wait for the right job if you can. I am sure you will find something more to your liking.

Right time to get cracking, the sun has made it. I might go for a walk later.
  • mattress66
    Options
    I need to eat better, the best eat vegetables, I want to health, do not want to eat too much energy food.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good to see you posting indie. I think you're right to try and focus on one thing at a time. So if you have 'outsourced' your eating for a while it's only while you deal with everything else. If you plan to eat close to vegan longer term that would need to be a project in itself. Maybe you could make a note of the things you enjoy most from the deliveries and copy the recipes at a later date.

Thanks for the reminder that animal shelters need towels. I've bought some new ones lately and my linen cupboard definitely needs a sort out. That'll be next on the list for MK.

I like the idea of winter hobbies LL. Apologies to those of you who are madly busy but I'm feeling a bit underemployed at the moment. It's my own fault I know. I'm reluctant to replicate having a job by throwing myself into voluntary work but if I don't do something productive with my days I feel cross with myself. I went to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon this week. Not because I was tired or ill but just because I can't bring myself to read a book unless I'm in bed ( which would include a sunbed ;)). Ridiculous!!

I'm doing Fab Friday but with largely the same outfit as yesterday. I'm pleased with how I've managed to blow dry my hair after its cut and I'll be taking a bit of care with my make up. I unearthed lip brushes doing the bathroom cupboard so I might try a different colour for a change. Better to do that when I'm going to the supermarket than going out.

Have a good day all.:)
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello all :)

I would like to join in please!

Currently trying to loose about 3 stone so increasing my exercise and eating better. Not following any diet but trying to cut out sugar except fruit and honey. The rest of my diet is hm and healthy.i have lost 5.5lbs in 3 weeks :j would love to me at target weight for my holiday to Spain at the end of March. I have just started powerhoop which is soooo much fun :D

Got in a bit of a rut with my hair as I'm lazy about styling it so just tie it back. Getting it cut shorter tomorrow (between chin and shoulders) and plan to wear it wavy. So looking forward to that :)

Also need to experiment with make up more rather than just a little bit of mascara and foundation.

Enjoy your evening everyone, I'm planning to go to body pump at the gym and then a swim :)
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport