Boots returns - perfume?

Options

Comments

• Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    I can't think of anyone to re-gift them to which is unfortunate but I don't like to give thoughtless gifts so wouldn't just give them for the sake of giving them. I can't even try to wear them and live through the allergy as its anaphylactic so pretty serious.

Quite annoyed at both people as everyone who knows me knows I have these serious allergies and have been carted out of many a shop in an ambulance when someone's perfume sets me off so these gifts are really quite thoughtless. Oh well, that's £50 worth down the drain.

Try to be charitable, I'm sure they weren't trying to kill you!

It should be easy enough to give them away to somebody who'll like them. Is there a Facebook swap and sell page for your area?
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd try and take them back, but accept that you may get the sale price, or nothing at all. I have managed to take gifts back and exchange them without a receipt (at The White Company) but what I had was White Company branded, so they knew that ultimately it had to have come from one of their stores somewhere in the UK. I guess with Boots you / someone could have bought the perfumes anywhere. But nothing to lose by trying!
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    i don't think there's any need to be so nasty about it. I was given things over Christmas that if I eat them will make me very ill by relatives who know this as they gave me a version of a drink minus the offending ingredient but I wasn't nasty about it! Put them on EBay, try to exchange them, give them to a charity shop if they are new and sealed. You don't have to just throw them in the bin......
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • x-Princess-Vikki-x
    Options
    Boots can do you an exchange or gift card for the current price (e.g. if it's now reduced you will only get the reduced value)

Just be honest and say it's an unwanted gift.
    ♥ Blogger at Victoria's Vintage Blog ♥
  • heuchera
    heuchera Posts: 1,825 Forumite
    Options
    I second the idea of EBaying them. In fact now is probably a good time to be looking for perfumes on EBay, as lots of people will have been gifted perfumes for Christmas, and I expect not all of them will have been suitable or liked by the recipient!
    left the forum due to trolling/other nonsense
  • PenguinOfDeath
    Options
    On a slightly related note, we received a couple of bottles of spirits over Christmas that we no longer drink.

Would any supermarket be likely to take them back in exchange for ones we would drink? No receipts or any idea where they were purchased in the first place. EBay not even an option here :(
  • Petra_70
    Options
    I agree. Sell the perfume on ebay.
  • chocolate.buttons
    Options
    I used to work in Boots and we were allowed to exchange perfume boxes IF they were still sealed, and only to the value which came up on the till on the day. If the perfume/gift set had gone down in price in the sale, that was the amount which the customer could have as an exchange value (without a receipt, obviously).

Just be honest and say that they are unwanted christmas gifts. So many people return their unwanted presents, the cashier won't bat an eyelid.
  • lurkylurky
    Options
    Boots will exchange without a receipt at the current selling price. I've exchanged 2 items this week with no receipt.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    I can't think of anyone to re-gift them to which is unfortunate but I don't like to give thoughtless gifts so wouldn't just give them for the sake of giving them. I can't even try to wear them and live through the allergy as its anaphylactic so pretty serious.

Quite annoyed at both people as everyone who knows me knows I have these serious allergies and have been carted out of many a shop in an ambulance when someone's perfume sets me off so these gifts are really quite thoughtless. Oh well, that's £50 worth down the drain.

What did they say when you thanked them for their gifts but told them at the same time that unfortunately you would not be able to use them as you are allergic to perfume?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure