* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :eek: I have been rather MIA. I hope everyone is ok?
    I have good reason for having been missing, we have a little bambino on its way in June :D and after a few weeks of feeling rough I'm mainly on the up, other than feeling sleepy.

Still some Christmas cards to deliver but all presents are wrapped and I have started delivering. Can't believe it's on Sunday, seems to really come around quick!
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Ooh free sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Dom it sounds like you've had a time of it. Btw, I made a flask of tea to take with me while the boy did football one Saturday and it tasted really soapy and I thought I hadn't rinsed it properly after last washing it. Nope, turned out the boy decided to top up the sugar bowl with salt.... Oddly it didn't taste of salt, but of soap. Perhaps something similar happened to you.

Hope the poorlies feel better. I had sinusitis and rhinisitis end of October/start of November. Its not nice. My wee boy seems a bit poorly (cough, temp, pitiful) this time so I drugged him up on calpol and set him off to bed at half 6. I'm hoping he'll be better for tomorrow because he'll be seeing his childminder and he loves her. He'd be devastated to miss out on seeing her.

I doled out the chocolate bark I made to the bin men and a lovely lady at the church - who was in a grump today so I'm glad I gave her something sweet! Haha. Our bin men are lovely and let my bin lorry obsessed boy push the button sometimes and they take my extra rubbish when I have it. I have another set for the postie too, I am only in when he delivers on a Wednesday
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Congrats newtrift, lovely news
    Hope everyone is as well as can be.

So very sad to read the news coming from Berlin
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 19 December 2016 at 11:29PM
    Options
    Congratulations NEWTHRIFT, what lovely news and even more so now you're feeling better. PRINCESSKITTY I'm really hoping your sickness doesn't last anywhere near as long this time.

MRSMONEYPENNY, I Didn't know about the Berlin news so just had a quick read, how horrible, those poor people. Whether it turns out to be an accident or deliberate its awful news.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • creative_gal
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes Vulpix, Free, 3 for the Holidays, Mrs-Moneypenny, Peppa Pig, Murie and Fran. (hope I've not missed anyone out.) I had a lovely day, we had the usual breakfast out which has become tradition on my Birthday, then opened my presents at my parents. My best friend came over in the afternoon and we went to a local craft centre, just me, her and her little one. Then finished the day with The Muppets Christmas Carol on DVD (still one of my favourite Christmas films.)

In other news, I've finished all my cards and wrapping, and am quite pleased with how some of my attempts have gone. I'm giving some friends of ours snowflake martini glasses filled with treats and surrounded in cellophane. I wasn't sure if I'd even be able to do it, as I've never attempted anything like that before, but they look ok (not amazing, but I'm happy enough.) Strangely, some of the presents that should have been easier to wrap seemed to cause me more problems...

I've got quite a busy day today, I have a dentist appointment this morning, and am volunteering in the kiosk for our local panto this afternoon.
  • Clumsy42
    Options
    Morning everyone. Sorry I've not been on - the virus really destroyed my christmas spirit! :eek:

But I'm feeling better now. Still coughing and my eyes are a bit iffy (conjunctivitis is the pits) but I'm mostly on the mend. And we have a tree up at last! :T :xmastree:

All presents now bought and wrapping has commenced. Just waiting on a Lush order to arrive.

Newthrift - Congratulations! _party_

Can't believe its so close now! December seems to have sprinted by! :snow_laug
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • hannaford
    Options
    Hi all,

I've searched high and low and hope you guys can help!

I'm looking for some templates for photo Christmas cards that I can download and personalise before printing.

I have found lots of dodgy links but nothing that allows me to add a photo and personalise!

Please can someone point me in the right direction?

Rachel
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 December 2016 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Congratulations Newthrift,that is lovely news. x

Sorry I can barely switch a computer on by myself so am no help with Christmas cards:(

Some blighter broke into one of our sheds last night:o They have been in mine too but I keep mine unlocked.Nothing taken that we can see.It has been a thing in the village for a few weeks now,with mostly bikes and laser Christmas lights being taken out of peoples gardens.Hope they have a merry Christmas.:mad:

I am STILL poorly,the sneezing has now commenced! NO wrapping done yet.I have a hospital appointment today and then we are going to Nottingham to take Mr V's hugely expensive equipment to his Mother's house. Obviously the robbers only want bikes but they know what was in there for future reference.They probs don't know what it is and it would be difficult to sell on.

DD2 sleeping at her friends tonight so I will be feeling better by then and can do some wrapping!

Laters Vx
     :
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Can't stand scumbag thieves at the best of tines but Christmas seems to make it worse that they are targeting people
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi All

Just popping in to say hi and to let people know that Next must be having their annual pre christmas sale shortly because I've just logged into my account & had a VIP slot invite. Had a little nose at the preview list & there seems to be quite a few christmas items, so no good for this year but would be useful ready for next year. I bought wrapping paper in last years sale, ready to use this year : )

I hope everybody is well and plans are working out for everybody. I am busier than I expected to be this week, in work and outside of work! I finish on Friday and looking forward to the break. I've finally started my wrapping properly now & because I'm not overdoing it I think I'll get it all done on time and without feeling frazzled.

I am going to catch up with this thread properly soon, so I can see how everybody is getting on. In the meantime, sending everybody hugs & best wishes x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure