* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Happy birthday creative gal.

Glad you are feeling better Vulpix

Hope everything comes back ok GTQ

Exciting times Nic. I'm sure you'll be enjoying baby snuggles soon enough with a happy sister too.

Stayed home today as planned! And we should be going to the posada tomorrow, then have mum and dad over. Today is a new, made up thing. I'm hoping it will taste good. The boy got excited as I brought out the slow cooker exclaiming, "it makes the best ever dinners!"

I wanted to get started making some Christmas bark today put I've still not finished typing up this tape. I'll just have to keep ploughing away and think of the pennies. It comes in fits and starts, so it's not all the time.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 17 December 2016 at 7:37PM
    Options
    GTQ it's only natural to be apprehensive but hopefully it will turn out to be nothing to worry about. Shame about the Christmas dinner.

NIC hope you ever had some good news about the baby by now. If that cold doesn't go away soon it could be worth checking it out with the doc in case you e developed an infection. Hope it doesn't spoil your Christmas fun.

DD and DGD got back from Lapland on Thursday night - they had the most amazing time. DGD couldn't believe it when Father Christmas had the letter she sent him via Rosie the elf.:D. I'd really like to see the northern lights (it's the only thing on my bucket list at the moment) and DD said maybe we could go together next year which would be lovely. I don't think DH would be keen to be somewhere so cold because of his heart failure and arthritis but it could be fun to go with DD. I'd like to do a proper bucket list but I don't really have a burning desire to do anything else. Has anyone done one? Ooh I could add travelling on the Orient Express and staying at the Art Deco hotel on Burgh Island.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nic,hopefully you will be Aunty Nic by now.Deffo go to the doctors.3 months is too long for a cold.

I spoke too soon about my cold.Spent the day feeling washed out and voice honking like a goose. I WILL be better tomorrow.I had better be,got loadsa cooking to do as I have invited people back for supper after the candlelit carol service.Tonight I made meatballs and a spicy tomato sauce.It will be rocket fuel by tomorrow night.In the morning I will make a meringue for pavlova and a chocolate orange cheese cake.Would like to also make chocolate bark and gingerbread men but we shall see.

I have finally finished the Christmas decorations,It has been epic.6 trees.It's not perfect but will do for this year.

Peppa I had a bucket list when i was in my twenties before it was called a bucket list! 2 I have done which were walk Kinder Scout and go to Crufts.The third was to own a white BMW.Don't know that I want that now.Now I would like to visit New Zealand and Japan.

GTQ,fingers crossed,please let us know how you get on.x

How was your day out Free?

Vx
     :
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another voice saying go to the Drs re the cold my daughter had her for 3 months and it turned out to be Rhinitis .

Don't forget everyone to order any medication for over the holidays .

The little lotion company have reduced their gift sets to £10.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nic- hello Auntie by now (hopefully). Another 'yes' for a GP visit- if it is an infection then hopefully some antibiotics this side of Christmas will help, if its not then at least you know, plus you wont be able to have cuddles with your new niece/nephew if you are sniffling.
    GTQ- not the best news this side of Christmas being anxious is understandable especially as you have been there before, but as you say the odds are in your favour x
    Vulpix- can I come to supper please? That sounds lovely!
    Peppa- I bet DGDs face was a picture when Father Christmas 'knew' her. I too would love to see the Northern Lights- its the only thing on my bucket list but I cant see it happening as I suffer from horrendous claustrophobia (which I didn't have til an MRI scan a couple of years ago!) so I cant see me getting on a plane anytime soon.

Yesterday afternoon was spent wrapping the remainder (majority!) of the presents, I am now officially wrapped out! I have no more wrapping paper and am low on cellotape so if the others find they have a wrapping 'emergency' they will have to sort themselves out!
    Hope everyone is well x
    ONE WEEK TODAY FOLKS..........!!!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Good luck for Tuesday, GTQ, belated birthday wishes to those l missed, and are you Auntie Nic yet?
    My house is a tip, there is lego all over the floor, wet washing on all available surfaces, and Christmas throws everywhere, loving it!!
    l have 2 stocking filler gifts to collect at M&S tomorrow, 2 hampers left to deliver, and about a dozen local cards to deliver, and then that's done. just the cooking to do. Off to water the plants in the greenhouse, and if they look up to it they can be added to the tubs outside. xx
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Hello everyone first off happy belated birthday to all of you that had birthdays and congratulations PK! sending virtual get well wishes to all of you that have winter coughs/colds I have just gotten over a cold I got in October.

I have been MIA as I have finally moved, I moved at the end of November and I haven't had WIFI, phone line or tv. Managed to get a phone line fitted and tv being fitted next week (the joys of moving into a new build) but I have to wait for wifi until the new year. So I have to keep checking my computer when I go to my mums.I have handed all my Christmas cards out and now I just have a little bit of wrapping to do and a few bits to get in aldi on Wednesday. The first thing I did on my first weekend in my flat was find my Christmas decs and put them up. I will have to buy more in the sales for next year as its too bare, I just have a tree, some light up presents and some vintage ornaments on my table. I have nothing in any of my other rooms so that will have to change for next year.

john Lewis have reductions on some of their Christmas tree decorations I got a lovely glass owl ornament for my tree for £2.50 was £4.50. Also in john lewis I noticed they had reductions on their chutney gift sets up to 25% off, good for last minute gifts.
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes Treasurequeen. Congratulations on moving into your new flat.

MrsI I know that the house is in disarray but you wouldn't have it any other way, would you? :D Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Evening everyone, i made it back in one piece........just :D I have had the most wonderful time this weekend and have been a very lucky mum, i have been so spoiled bless DD1. Unfortunately the traffic was awful friday evening so we didnt get to the hotel until 9pm, we had to ring Gaucho and cancel our table, but the hotel had their own restaurant/grill, so we had our blowout meal in there, omg the fillet steak was to die for. They had left a plate iced happy birthday and four brownies and fresh fruit pieces in the room, again the brownies were to die for (i would love to make brownies like that). We saw some sights on saturday morning, St Pauls, Millennium Bridge, Sky Garden (although it was so foggy we couldnt see anywhere outside) and then the afternoon we went to Selfridges and spent a lovely girly couple of hours. We used uber cars to get around as i found the tube stations too much for my leg and back. Then saturday evening we had our own mini spa of face mask, foot mask, hand mask etc while watching Strictly then we ordered room service. We drove back and saw some more sights this morning on the way home. I have definitely crossed a few things off of my bucket list/things to do in my 50th year!

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY oh i hope everything goes well on tuesday will be thinking of you x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Sounds like you had a lovely weekend Free. :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family