Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More

Options

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Don't faint but I actually did a few hours on Collecting Shells last night! DH was at scouts and I had wallpaper TV on in the background.

Today is the last day for registering for the Xmas card exchange. So far there are 5 of us. If you're reading this and want to take part please send me a PM. I will sort out who is sending to who tomorrow and let you all know by PM.

Have a good evening all
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • 15035009_219682915129155_5137739303673135104_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM4Mjg5MDk2NDUyMzY0Mjk0OQ%3D%3D.2

15043437_1778936895706746_1603798010175684608_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM4Mjg5MjE3NDAwMTUzMjk1NA%3D%3D.2

Hello all,

Got my frame up and running this weekend, WOW it's massive!!! Just about fits in the lounge! Also started on the project, just a small bit but hoping to tick away at it everynight. Sadly that small bit took me around 2/3 hours so we will see how long it takes to finish it!
    Little Frugal Cottage x
    SealedPotChallenge 2017 No.573 :j Grocery Challenge - £250/£250 left to spend £250
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    My life LFG, that is going to be an impressive labour of love when it's done!

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Littlefrugalcottage
    Options
    My life LFG, that is going to be an impressive labour of love when it's done!

Hope everyone is well.

I've decided to give myself a year, that way I can get it framed for next Christmas. I don't think it's going to be that big but I think it's going to be close! Just worried it's not going to fit onto the space I've given it in our Hallway (probably where someone would put a mirror!)
    Little Frugal Cottage x
    SealedPotChallenge 2017 No.573 :j Grocery Challenge - £250/£250 left to spend £250
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Looking good LFC x

I haven't forgotten about sending details of the card exchange, but I started a new job today, full time in London. Will sort this out tomorrow evening if that's okay?

Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Thanks coxy. Hope the first day in the new job goes well.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Littlefrugalcottage
    Options
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Looking good LFC x

I haven't forgotten about sending details of the card exchange, but I started a new job today, full time in London. Will sort this out tomorrow evening if that's okay?

Coxy x

I hope the new job goes well, it's always difficult on the first day. Anytime, just trying to decide what to do :). I've googled but cannot really find anything as I've never made a cross stitch card is there any way you would suggest I do it, either stitch the linen on or using a peep hole card? Just unsure on what to do :)
    Little Frugal Cottage x
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Stitch what ever you think someone would like to receive lfg lots of different styles of things have been made for the card exchange over the years they are always well recieved and we all lovel looking at the photos when they are posted in the big reveal.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• Coxy11
    Options
    I have just pm'd all those taking part in the card exchange with details of who they are stitching for this year. The date I have set is on or after Saturday 3rd December but please don't feel pressured - I'm sure we will all be glad to receive our cards whenever you can get them done :)

LFC - previous cards I have stitched have been on evenweave stuck onto a normal non-aperture card and also using Aida with an aperture card. The choice is yours. it's lovely to see the variety of styles and designs everyone makes. I get mine out every year and display them with the latest one received :)

I will have a go tomorrow night at getting all the resources ready for mine.

Coxy
  • Littlefrugalcottage
    Options
    Stitch what ever you think someone would like to receive lfg lots of different styles of things have been made for the card exchange over the years they are always well recieved and we all lovel looking at the photos when they are posted in the big reveal.
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    I have just pm'd all those taking part in the card exchange with details of who they are stitching for this year. The date I have set is on or after Saturday 3rd December but please don't feel pressured - I'm sure we will all be glad to receive our cards whenever you can get them done :)

LFC - previous cards I have stitched have been on evenweave stuck onto a normal non-aperture card and also using Aida with an aperture card. The choice is yours. it's lovely to see the variety of styles and designs everyone makes. I get mine out every year and display them with the latest one received :)

I will have a go tomorrow night at getting all the resources ready for mine.

Coxy

Thank you, I'm very excited. I have two ideas going around in my head so will see what I have up in the "craft room" and go from there. Do we show progress or is it one photo once received? I will probably put a lot of progress on my IG anyway :)
    Little Frugal Cottage x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure