Cross Stitch Cafe 2016 - Spend Less and Stitch More

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A question for you all, I used elastic jewelry 'wire' to mark out my squares, while useful, it did mean that I had to be careful when making my stitching so I wasn't also sewing in the wire. Is there a thinner product out there that will do the same job but won't impact as much when I sew over it?
    I have never used this but its designed for stitching http://www.sewandso.co.uk/product/easy-count-guideline-thread/946788?TRE00000/ also someone once said fishing line would work too, I can't remember who.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    How typical is this ladies - had a few spare hours yesterday so decided to chill and decide what I was going to stitch for the card exchange (get me so organised ;)). Anyhow decided on design, sorted threads then realised I didn't have suitable fabric grrrr and couldn't buy any locally. All I wanted was to make a start on it - I wasn't asking too much was I? Should be able to pick up some fabric this morning but sadly not much spare time this week with appts, decorating etc. Oh well, at least I know what I want to stitch and the threads are sorted :rotfl:. I can feel my stitchy mojo creeping back after having all my stuff out yesterday but lately I've just been so time poor :(.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • nmm
    Options
    Totally typical beg, it always happens. Hope you got the fabric today. I have a small confession to make, I started making Christmas cards ages ago but time flew by and I have only managed one, but I think it's too good to give to anyone else other than a fellow stitcher who will appreciate it, so mine is already done :o I have found some quick mice to stitch for my family from the ultimate Christmas mag, it'll make up for all the dead ones our adopted stray cat has brought in.
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    Oh yes I managed this morning thanks nmm. I've decided that I'm doing the exchange card as number one priority and if I get a chance to do any others that's a bonus ;).

I would like to do a wedding stitch for my DS next year. So I'm on the look out for something a little bit different with a modernish look about it. Will get Christmas over with then I will start to look properly.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Lovely to hear you are getting organised for the exchange. I too found a design last night (got to love P|Nterest!), so just need to find fabric in my stash.

It was my friend's 50th birthday party at the weekend so the hen sampler went to its new home. She loved it thank goodness. I said she could hang it in the airing cupboard if not lol. Haven't done much more on Collecting Shells, but I have managed to knit 9 angels for a yarn bombing initiative - they are fairly quick to do. Hope to do 20 in total.

I've also been asked to knit some rat hand puppets for the next amdram panto in Feb. I will need to use 3 double pointed needles which is new to me. Will hopefully be able to pop to Hobbycr4ft today for those and start practicing! As usual, not enough hours in the week and to make matters worse, I start a new full time job on 14th November. I will be commuting to London so not sure I'll be the best co-commuter if I'm crafting on the train (lots of reading in store I think).

Anyway if anyone else would like to do the exchange please let me know and I will co-ordinate who is sending to who. For those already signed up - nmm, b-e-g, mrs mp - please could you pm me your address and who you stitched for and received from last year if you can remember! Thank you.

Have a good day all
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • nmm
    Options
    I know its a bit old style but does anyone have the address for FOS, maybe from a previous exchange we could send her a small note just to say we're thinking of her. I'm sure she's just super busy but it's been almost 6 month since she was online.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Good idea nmm although I don't have her address - sorry. Anyone else have it please? Xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I've looked through my PMs I've not got an address either. I do hope she's alright
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    Just having a quick check in with you all. I've had a look and I don't have any addresses from previous exchanges.

I do hope that fos is ok.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

• Coxy11
    Options
    Okay I'm officially a numpty! I sent my exchange piece to FoS last year and have her address. I will send a note to her tomorrow and let you know when I've heard from her. Thank you to those who have PM'd their details about this year's exchange. I will be in touch once next weeks deadline is up.

Coxy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure