The Mortgage Free in Three - Take 4 challenge (MFiT-T4)

Options

Comments

• trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 28 October 2016 at 9:50PM
    Options
    kizzie01 wrote: »
    Can I please join this challenge or am I too late?

apologies i didnt see your post kizzie yes you can please submit a joining form on the link in the first post of the thread

maximum saver
    apologies i hadn't updated the thread starter posts, i'll do that now but link again Chart 3 link
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,353 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

Hi trix, I was not able to link to either of the earlier charts in post 5 when I tried this week. It told me my (real-me) ID did not have permission to access them. Has something changed?

SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • trix-a-belle
    Options
    Hi trix, I was not able to link to either of the earlier charts in post 5 when I tried this week. It told me my (real-me) ID did not have permission to access them. Has something changed?

SL

No change from me SL.
    If you have a gmail ID can you view the spreadsheet through Drive? (if you've been in before have a look on your recent list) & get to the chart sheet from there?
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Maximum_Saving
    Options
    Thanks Trix-a-Belle for the Chart 3. I am pleased with my progress on paying off my mortgage. I am so lucky that Nationwide allows up to £500 a month overpayments. Anymore than this would be a 5% fee. I wished to do a lump payment in December 2016. I am worried that Halifax and TSB have their reward amount or interest rate going down in early 2017.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all, well done everyone.

I am in the red, but will indeed play catch up AFK!! :p:) I hopefully find out later this week that my next bill to THEM will not be too horrendous so can then focus again on paying down the mortgage

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hey everyone! Good to see everyone popping in! I definitely agree its a sprint not a marathon, and life can be so unpredictable!

Keep up the great work everyone, every penny is one you wont pay interest on again!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • Runders
    Runders Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, just sent my form in with my update. I haven't been around again due to some other family issues and a dead laptop. But laptop is up and running again now, woohoo!

I have a feeling my latest update will put me into the red, I have recently remortgaged and so that has added a bit back on :( Still, seeing the red of doom on here will hopefully spur me on even more now!
    MFW Start:[STRIKE] Sep 2014 - £110,844[/STRIKE], July 2019 New Home £190,995 :eek:
    Current: £82,999.69, £190,972.18, £188,091.57, £180,026.25
    2021MFW #97 OP Goal £296.36/£3000
    2020MFW #97 OP Goal £3104.09.09/£3000
    2019MFW #109 OP Goal £1024.99/£1000
  • Maximum_Saving
    Options
    Hi Runders. It is great that you laptop is working again. Well done for remortgaging to another deal. I looked into doing that. I am staying with my same mortgage. With this I have been able to pay a little more and reduce my number of years.
  • trix-a-belle
    Options
    'gonnahappen' I have got your joining form but according to the message system your username does not exist on the forum, please can you send me a pm in the forum to make contact first please.
    - Student Loan gone
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    I'm finally able to post on this thread! I signed up right at the start but had to delay full participation because we were in the throes of switching mortgage providers. That was done and dusted some time ago but we only just got around to setting up a regular overpayment (literally just got off the phone).

It's not mega bucks as we've just rounded up our payments to the nearest £100 mark, so the monthly overpayments will be just a few pence above £40. Every penny counts though eh?! According to the overpayment calculator, over the duration of our remaining term, that equates to around £1500 less interest and nearly 2 years shaved off as well. I do hope that we'll be able to make a few one of lump sum payments as well over the course of the mortgage but at least this is a start.

Updates are going to be tricky as we only get 6 monthly statements and no access to balance information online (completely ridiculous for an online only bank!), but I'll do what I can when I can :)
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure