The Mortgage Free in Three - Take 4 challenge (MFiT-T4)

Options

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Just submitted my form, somehow I'd gotten it into my head that I had until the 29th. Will update my calendar reminder for next time!
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yay, I'm in the yellow and 1/5 of the way to target! Only £684 behind and I should be able to make another £500 O/P in the next week or two.

Even if you are in the red and not hitting your target each and every overpayment you make us taking you closer to your overall target.
  • kizzie01
    kizzie01 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Can I please join this challenge or am I too late?
    GC Dec £47.09/£100.00
    MFiT-T4 Reduce mortgage by £20,000
    £52,679.18/£54,642.59
    Nov 16 OP £340.41, Dec 16 OP £351.93, Jan17 OP £108.17
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy to be out of the red. I will be in the green by the next update :D
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    As I suspected, firmly in red territory now. I am not alone. . . . . . . Not too many of us in red or amber who have updated so far!
    SL
    Just remember it's a 3 year challenge . . . . . . and it can all change, those doing well just now, could lapse :eek: and those in the red, can play catch up :)
    mrsp1987 wrote: »
    Even if you are in the red and not hitting your target each and every overpayment you make us taking you closer to your overall target.

Exactly ! ! Keep o/ping, doesn't matter how little, just keep going, it all adds up in the end, taking you that bit closer each time :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • porgiegeorgie
    Options
    Well done everybody!

I've just updated a little late too, almost forgot it was this month!

Due to house problems (and a challenge with my building surveyor who missed some pretty major structural problems!) I am taking a little break from overpaying (so will be in the red now :eek:). I would like to stay in the challenge though and will keep updating but may need to amend my target once I know exactly what's what with the house.

For now, good luck over the next three months everyone! :beer:
    MFiT-T4 #75: £142,480 to £86,700 by Jan 2019
    [STRIKE]Feb16: £142,480[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]April16: £138,900[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]July16: £132,242[/STRIKE][STRIKE] Oct16: £129,824[/STRIKE], July17: £115,841
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That doesn't sound good Georgie I hope you can make a claim against them for the costs to resolve due to them missing stuff! You're not quite in the red, still amber so keep on going, it's a marathon not a sprint.

SL your strategy makes sense, you are in a great position rate wise so don't worry about the colour, you are playing the long game.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, well lots has happened since I last updated! Firstly my mortgage balance has gone up because I have had to spend my savings :(
    However I have sold (subject to contract) a house, am about to rent out my own house and move into a cheap rental in the countryside.

So if everything goes ok, I shall be paying off the mortgage on my house (soon to be rental) to the £30,000 level meaning I shall hit my target :j:j
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • Anagran
    Anagran Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had a look at the chart and am very pleasantly surprised to be in yellow as I was convinced it would be red. Well done everyone who is taking part.
  • Maximum_Saving
    Options
    Hello. Where can I see the latest chart please. I am number 42. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure