Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• noodle_30
    Options
    I have just today switched to Avro Energy. My current supplier is Npower who have said they will start charging me £60 starting from 21st February 2018. Should I call Npower asap to let them know to terminate my account? I don't really want to be charged twice and have to go through the rigmarole of trying to get money back and pay double. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 January 2018 at 6:40PM
    Options
    noodle_30 wrote: »
    I have just today switched to Avro Energy. My current supplier is Npower who have said they will start charging me £60 starting from 21st February 2018. Should I call Npower asap to let them know to terminate my account? I don't really want to be charged twice and have to go through the rigmarole of trying to get money back and pay double. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. DO NOTHING. Your new supplier is required to manage all aspects of your transfer of supply. It will notify NPower via industry procedures that a transfer is in progress. Once this notification has been received then NPower is required to keep you on your present tariff until the transfer goes through. The gaining supplier will ask you for meter readings. These meter readings are verified by an industry partner and then passed back to both suppliers to open and close your accounts. The losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer to raise your Final Bill.

You may end up paying both suppliers. This is a fact of life when it comes to energy transfers. You will get all your money back via your Final Bill.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've been with Avro for about 9 months now. The switch was fine. I spotted a current tariff is slightly cheaper than the one I'm on, so applied for it via their website over the weekend. They emailed me on the Monday to see I'd entered a different email address, so linked the accounts and updated me on to the new tariff - which I think is great.

My only gripe would be that they have short opening hours - they can't be reached at weekends or evenings, not that I've had to call them!
  • admars
    admars Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't realise you could change tariff on their site, I thought it was too basic for that!, thanks, I'll give that a go.
  • telonexpert
    Options
    Been with them for a year, then switched to the latest cheapest supplier. Essentially there was nothing negative to report, other than that they were quick to take the first payment (before switch-over), and slow to stop taking payments and to make the final refund. All in all it was still a good deal, the website straightforward to use.
  • fabia
    fabia Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Switched to Avro 12 months ago without any problems.

If you see a cheaper tariff being offered by Avro to new customers they alow you to swich on to that new tariff.

When you switch on to the new tariff you start a new 12months contract.

I have switched my tariff with Avro twice now within 12 months which has moved my end of tariff date to after the summer of 2018.
  • worcestercat
    Options
    Good company. Although I have switched away simply due to getting a better deal elsewhere, Avro's customer service has been great. Everything has been simple. Would highly recommend.
  • Finding it very hard to leave them.....my transfer has been blocked and as usual cannot get hold of them on the phone. Caller number 17, waiting time 23 minutes....and that didn't change for 5 minutes at which time I have up.
    They also don't seem to like answering emails, I have been waiting for a response for 3 days!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Update from me

Switched both Gas & Electricity from EDF on 30th November. Avro & EDF have taken DDs as expected 20th October & 20th November.

Final bill received from EDF 15th December and refund credited yesterday.

Final bill for gas agrees my reading; bill for electricity is estimated because I entered an extra digit in my reading:eek: Entirely my fault, and estimate is within a couple of units of the correct figure.

Next hurdle will be to submit correct readings:o for 1st bill and make sure Avro start with same figures as EDF ended with.

Update

29/1/18 email from Avro asking me to submit meter readings within 3 days.
    30/1/18 meter readings submitted

Nothing further from them so I've just checked online and for my gas & electricity bill dated 30/1/18 both opening figures agree with EDF's closing, so far so good.

BUT although they've used my reading for gas, they've used an estimated figure, higher than my reading, for electricity:(.
  • Laura.L_2
    Options
    I’m leaving Avro, they are useless, in credit £70 plus which they are refusing to refund despite my low usage...
    They ask for meter readings to get an actual bill produced then just produce an estimate anyway?!? So frustrating! They don’t offer a dual fuel discount either...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback