Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

edited 7 July at 11:38AM in Energy
1.8K replies 273.1K views

Replies

• Telegraph_SamTelegraph_Sam Forumite
    387 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    ".. default tariff .."  If = standard variable then point taken and agreed. To be avoided at all costs, switch or no switch.
    Telegraph Sam
  • edited 2 August at 7:37PM
    20102010 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 August at 7:37PM

If you switched to Simple&Superglow via Avro’s website today you’ll be able to delay the switch so that it commences on 16.9.2020 , if you so wish. Avro allow you to postpone the switch by up to 45 days.

Your new Simple&Superglow would then run until 16.9.2021;... albeit on a tariff that will cost you £11/yr more than Simple&Superfixed given your usage figures.

Where does it say about the 45 day delay on the switch on their site?
  • Biggus_DickusBiggus_Dickus Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    2010 said:

If you switched to Simple&Superglow via Avro’s website today you’ll be able to delay the switch so that it commences on 16.9.2020 , if you so wish. Avro allow you to postpone the switch by up to 45 days.

Your new Simple&Superglow would then run until 16.9.2021;... albeit on a tariff that will cost you £11/yr more than Simple&Superfixed given your usage figures.

I’m not sure that it mentions 45 days delay anywhere on Avro’s website,...it may do but I’ve never looked.

As an existing Avro customer ‘switching online’ you are asked when you’d like the new tariff to start;...it will accept a date up to 45 days hence. If you enter a tariff start date that is more than 45 days away you’ll get a message that says your new tariff “must start on or before DD/MM/year”

• edited 3 August at 9:14AM
    20102010 Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 August at 9:14AM
    2010 said:

I’m not sure that it mentions 45 days delay anywhere on Avro’s website,...it may do but I’ve never looked.

As an existing Avro customer ‘switching online’ you are asked when you’d like the new tariff to start;...it will accept a date up to 45 days hence. If you enter a tariff start date that is more than 45 days away you’ll get a message that says your new tariff “must start on or before DD/MM/year”

Thanks for that.
    Very useful to know.
  • onlyfoolsandparkingonlyfoolsandparking Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Strange one this??

I regularly do a comparison (usually citizens advice energy one, it seems more accurate) and found this tariff yesterday from Avro 'Simple and msavvy 12M' cant quite remember the exact figures but it was definitely cheaper than 'Simple and Superfixed' (one I'm currently on) AND cheaper than 'Simple and Superglow' so i thought nice I'll go for that, went into Avro doing the usual 'not logging in and get a quote route' only I couldn't find it, scrolled through and checked quite a few with similar names but the prices were way out. 

Today I went back on citizens advice comparison to find it again and now it doesn't even show?? am I missing something here?
    The real meaning of life is the pursuit of happiness and avoidance of pain:rotfl:
  • Gerry1Gerry1 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I went back on citizens advice comparison to find it again and now it doesn't even show?? am I missing something here?
    Happily shows up for me.  Remember that Avro only supply dual fuel.
  • edited 7 August at 12:00AM
    ConsumeristConsumerist Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 August at 12:00AM
    It shows up for me on Citizens Advice but is not cheaper (for me) than Superglow.
    You could try directly on Avro. This only gives results based on typical usage but it is shown in the 'currently available' list. It's possible the tariff isn't available for your postcode.

>:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • onlyfoolsandparkingonlyfoolsandparking Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Just searched again and I found the 'missing' tariff (wasn't in top 3 though like it was yesterday?) and yes it is more expensive but unless I'm losing my mind lol I am absolutely sure it had cheaper unit figures yesterday and definitely showed a saving from 'Simple and superfixed' which of course made me go and look for it to renew, maybe it was a website or Avro mistake that was quickly rectified? Wish I had taken a screen shot of the figures now.
    Thanks for the replies.  
    The real meaning of life is the pursuit of happiness and avoidance of pain:rotfl:
  • edited 7 August at 5:02PM
    Biggus_DickusBiggus_Dickus Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    edited 7 August at 5:02PM
    Just searched again and I found the 'missing' tariff (wasn't in top 3 though like it was yesterday?) and yes it is more expensive but unless I'm losing my mind lol I am absolutely sure it had cheaper unit figures yesterday and definitely showed a saving from 'Simple and superfixed' which of course made me go and look for it to renew, maybe it was a website or Avro mistake that was quickly rectified? Wish I had taken a screen shot of the figures now.
    Thanks for the replies.  

Using my usage figures on CAB the Simple&Msavvy12M tariff is £57/yr more expensive than Simple&Superfixed.

When you compared tariffs yesterday perhaps?? you entered your present tariff as ‘Simple&Superfix’ rather than ‘Simple&Superfixed’...it’s easily done;...I’ve disappeared up my own ‘arris a few times by falling into that trap.  :D

Avro’s tariff naming convention is far from ‘Simple’, imho.

e.g.  Superfix, Superfixed, Superflow, Superglow, Supersave, Supersaver, Supersavvy, Superswitch, Superswitcher,...et al.  :/

• edited 7 August at 5:01PM
    polymaffpolymaff Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 August at 5:01PM
    Not just tariffs, billing, too.
    Since I rejoined AVRO I've fed in readings bang on the anniversary day of the month.  AVRO either ignores my readings or records my reading - and then also generates an estimated reading for the next day which adds, say, 2 to the reading I sent them.
    Que?