Who's ever won a holiday? Where to?!

Options

Comments

• Helga14
    Helga14 Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I've won roughly 25 trips abroad so not including little holidays in the UK.

Best have been the Bahamas where I won my wedding. Which was worth approx £20k.

Cortona, Italy courtesy of Peroni which included lots of extras and spending money including a private hot air balloon ride.

St Vincent with Captain Morgans was pretty mental they had hired a whole island to put us up on and do various activities to try to win $15k.

Nothing in the bag for next year yet so please don't tell everyone or I'll have no chance. It's getting harder as it is.

1/2 Bahamas x2
    3 Berlin, Germany
    4 Cuba
    5/6 China x2
    7 Cortona, Italy
    8 Egypt
    9 Finand
    10 Paris, France
    11 Florida
    12 Greece
    13 Grenadines and St Vincent
    14 South Korea
    15/16 Spain (valencia x2)
    17 St Lucia
    18/19 Switzerland x2
    20 Morocco
    21 Panama
    22 Prague
    23 New York
    24 Venice, Italy
    25 Rio de Janeiro
    Top wins in 2018: Trip to Iceland, helicopter ride over london, couples massage, £300 flight from Pringles, trip to Paris, cocktail making class and afternoon tea up the shard. .

Top wins in 2017:holiday to the Bahamas, trip to Paris, meal with champagne, a week in a manor house in France with £500 spending money.
  • sammie1884
    Options
    I won a holiday with Eurocamp worth £1500 we stayed in a parc near Disney Paris so it was an awesome win according to my kids!

Good luck everyone and Thank you to all posters xx
  • baconcob
    Options
    my best so far is KLM flights to India (though could have chosen other destinations)
    short break in france
    numerous uk hotel nights or short breaks - my favourite being Armathwaite Hall Hotel
  • peppermintangel
    Options
    I won a trip to Lapland a couple of years ago - flights, 3 nights in a hotel, tickets to Santa Village & a cheque for £250 spending money. It was amazing! Loved every minute - we took our daughter who was 2 at the time.

The year after, we won a trip to Disneyland Paris - 4 nights + Eurostar. Again, we had an amazing time! :)
    Best of 2011: London Trip,Hot Air Balloon,£1660, phone,Kindle,Trip to Lapland! Total 2011 wins: £6865
    Best of 2012: Trip to Disneyland Paris, £1665 cash/vouchers, trip to Harrogate, trip to Birmingham, £230 vacuum, 2 x mobile phones, Olympics tickets! Total 2012 wins: £6624
  • SparklinDiamond
    Options
    I haven't been lucky with holiday competitions so far. I have won a trip to see Nina Nesbitt in Amsterdam for one night though. :) but I am keeping my fingers crossed for the future
    Keep Sprinkling Lucky Dust :A
  • Tarfy84
    Tarfy84 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lovely to read about all of the fabulous holidays that my fellow compers have won!

I was lucky enough to win a holiday to New York & £500 spending money in 2012 with Celebrity Slim.

So far the only holiday I have won, and been comping since 2008, but fingers crossed this next year is going to be my luckiest year yet!

Good luck everyone :T
    2019/2020 - Hush PJ Set * Regenerate Toothpaste & Oral B Electric Toothbrush * £1000 TK Maxx Vouchers

Best Wins So Far... New York Holiday w/£500 spending cash * £1000 TK Maxx Vouchers * 3 Day Retreat France Holiday * £500 Amazon Vouchers *
  • CK1223
    CK1223 Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I won a "holiday" last year. The terms were all in very broken English straight out of a translator as it was an Italian company, so it was hard working out what was/wasn't included but I entered anyway. The "holiday" turned out to be 2 nights in a 2* hotel in the middle of nowhere in Italy. The nearest airport was miles away and really remote itself, so it worked out it was going to cost us £550 in travel just to get there, let alone the food and cost of hiring a car to drive 3 hours to the hotel etc. The hotel stay itself I could have bought for something like £86 on Trivago, so the £550 travel costs didn't really make it worth it in the end and I didn't go.
    Still holding out hope for another holiday win though :D
  • SwishFlares
    Options
    Japan for the World Cup Final in 2002 in a prize package worth over £7,000 was the best i've won for sure.

Week long cruise of the Norwegian fjords

Week long Cunard cruise around the Med

Weekend in Oslo

Weekend in Dublin

Weekend in Barcelona

Week in Ibiza for me and 3 friends

Weekend in Cornwall

Weekend in London (twice)

Reading Festival tickets (twice)

Glastonbury Festival tickets (once)

It sound like a lot but i have been at this for almost 20 years now :rotfl:
    ====================================
    Best win all time - World Cup Final Trip to Japan :j
  • sqwiffy
    sqwiffy Posts: 39 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Years ago I won a weekend ferry crossing, to Gothenburg. It was in the winter across the North Sea There was a force 9 gale and I was so sea sick, I was puking every time I stood up. Got there and felt like I was swaying until it was time to get aboard again! :(
  • hendo74
    hendo74 Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My only holiday win so far has been 5 nights to Las Vegas which my hubby says has been his best holiday ever!

Have won weekend breaks:
    Hallmark Hotel Glasgow spa break
    Jurys inn Glasgow 2 night break
    Visit Scotland weekend break to Fort William
    Loch Lomond weekend break
    Malmasion Newcastle weekend break
    Another weekend break to Glasgow but cant remember the name of hotel with dinner.

Would love to win a family holiday and another break to Glasgow this year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure