Who's ever won a holiday? Where to?!

Options

Comments

• Yvette394
    Options
    I won a £5000 holiday through HSBC Banking (before MSE comping) in 2008 and in 2012 we won 5nts with flights to the Maldives. This was when my husband was doing the competitions and would only ever enter high value comps. We hadn't won anything really in 9 months and he had only said early that say that he was going to give up! Lesson learnt x
    Apr - Makitia DAB Radio

Wins 2013 £3996, 2014 £1125, 2015 £2906, 2016 £3058 2017 £1025 2018 £6738 2019 £326
  • louise24769
    Options
    Over the past 5/6 years we have won:-
    ABROAD
    1) holiday for four to Australia (£9000)
    2) holiday for four to Califorina (£5000)
    3) holiday for two to Florida (£3000)
    All 3 holidays we extended at our own additional cost and the Florida one we added our 2 sons. They were all absolutely amazing holidays. Hoping to win another for next year.
    UK
    1) Featherdown farm break for four (£700)
    2) Crieff Hydro (Scotland) break for four ( £1000)
    3) Spa break for two (£300)
    4) London theatre break for two (£527)
    All wonderful times.
    So very grateful for MSE and fellow compers for these holidays. Actually had to pay for a holiday in 2015 but thanks to Holiday Pirates we got an amazing bargain!
  • MrsMcDonnell91
    Options
    I won a luxury stay in London a few years ago and recently won a trip to Frankfurt :)
  • iheartpcd
    Options
    The prize was for 2 people :

Won 2 night stay at The Bonham, Edinburgh - with bed and breakfast.

£100 towards transport, afternoon tea & entrance to Edinburgh castle, entrance to Holyrood Palace and also a Scottish Goodie Bag! Really was great - £600 approx. value.

That was the end of last year and I took the trip Feb 2015.

Since ive been entering lots of trips for comps whether they are in the UK or abroad, for 1 night or 7 because it really feels good to get away for doing a hobby!

*THIS ONE GOES OUT TO THE LADIES AT BREAKFAST IN LAST NIGHTS DRESS*
  • Clairescottshug95
    Options
    I won a holiday to Sani resort in Greece 5 nights 5* including flights and transfers half board, they let us add the children, upgraded us to 2 bedroom apartment full board and some money to spend at resort and we paid for the flights instead, no idea how much it's worth but we spent £500 on the holiday for flights for the 4 of us so pretty pleased with that as it was a honeymoon and the kids first trip abroad
    A huge and massive thanks to all who post!!!

Best wins - holiday to Greece and £500 of finishing touches for my wedding <3
  • GrannyKate
    GrannyKate Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Won holiday a few years ago - it was supposed to be skiing but DH has back and knee issues. When I spoke to them they said that's ok choose anywhere in Europe up to £2500. We had a week in Rome including day trip to Pompeii - as this only came to £2000 they gave us £500 in cash for spending.
    2024 Decluttering Campaign 512/2024 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️
    2024 Weight loss target 1/25 lbs
    2024 1p challenge 104/366 days Total £91.91

• DisneyLisa
    Options
    I won 3 nights in NYC and 3 nights to Barcelona
    Won a holiday every year since 2014......come on 2021!!
    2020 Winnings Value £3750
  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 4,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've won 2 ski holidays, a trip to Portugal, lots of hotel vouchers and a couple of spa breaks.

The best prize ever though was a 12 day trip to Ecuador including a week's cruise around the Galapagos Islands. It really was the trip of a lifetime !
    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • debwh142
    debwh142 Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I've won a weekend at the Athenaeum hotel in London B&B and a weekend at another hotel in London (can't remember the name but had a Gary Rhodes restaurant)

I've had a wonderful weekend at Lucknam Park near Bath and that was B&B & michelin starred evening meals and 2 spa treatments each

My best was a long weekend to Denver for the All Stars Baseball games on 2 different evenings - didn't know much about baseball but all the friendly Americans soon taught us
  • skintpaul
    skintpaul Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Some time ago now- I have had a weekend in the Channel Islands, a 4 day stay in Barcelona, and a week coach tour around Israel.
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure