Who's ever won a holiday? Where to?!

Options

Comments

• momoney11
    Options
    wow! cant believe some of the fantastic wins here, even multiple holiday wins in a year! Fantastic!

I have just won a £1000 BA voucher so my hubby and I are going to put it towards a weeks long holiday to Cyprus as I have always wanted to visit.

Would love to win a holiday to somewhere like Mexico, Bahamas or even Florida all expenses paid with the kids (you'd need another holiday to get over that one though id imagine!) Gotta be in it to win it!
  • fiona29
    fiona29 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    loving this post!

Last year I won a 2 nights in Paris, hotel b&b near the Grand Boulevards and Eurostar return.

And my most amazing win so far, 10 nights in Alberta, Canada - flights, 3 nights in Banff, 3 nights in Jasper and 2 nights at Lake Louise, all Fairmont hotels in suites. In the Fairmont Lake Louise we had a room on level 7 ( the VIP floor) where we had our own concierge, bar and free snacks. All meals were included at all hotels, as well as a hire car for the duration of the holiday. We also had loads of activities organised and included - a helicopter tour over the Rockies, white water rafting, horse ride with a BBQ cookout, mountain biking, Kayaking, a trip on to a glacier, Kayaking... absolutely loved it and were spoilt rotten! Not sure how much it cost but we estimated around £10,000.

Still entering but no luck this year!
  • Captain_Beaky
    Options
    Won a week long, all inclusive holiday in Phuket, worth about 3k
  • Jennifer_Yellow_Hat
    Options
    I've won a few UK mini breaks but my best ever holiday win was a week ski trip to Norway worth about £5k. It included flights, transfers, all the ski palarver, £500 spending money, half board which was the most amazing food and husky sledging which was properly brilliant.
  • knitnut
    knitnut Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £1000 to spend with home away holiday lets. We used about £500 for accommodation in England, about £350 for car ferry (car and 4 people - we live in N. Ireland) and took the rest in cash.
    We are also just back from a holiday in Poland, cost approx £800.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • LeeRits
    LeeRits Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    so jealous of some of these wins! Nothing for me so far but I've entered quite a few that will be drawn in the next few months so fingers crossed! :)
  • mmab
    mmab Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing overseas but in the '90's I won a 4 day 'taster' course at Bishop Burton Equestrian College - got given a horse for 4 days to look after and compete which was quite cool :) ... tiebreaker competition in Horse & Rider magazine :)
    and ...
    another horsey magazine win ..
    I won a 5 day cottage holiday in Hampshire ... including a horse ride and a carriage driving lesson ! :)
    I'm trying to win a holiday to Portugal to go see the horse shows and the Flamenco dancing ... but nothing yet , and I need to win some money first to renew my passport :o
    Well done to all those who post and to those who win :p
  • secretshopper75
    Options
    I've been very lucky and won holidays to the following:

Rome, two nights for two people at the Waldorf Astoria

Paris, two nights for two people and VIP seats at the finishing stage of the Tour de France

London, two nights for two people 5* star hotel and £500 spending money with London Pass, Shard trip

LA, seven nights for four adults, passes to Disney and Warner Bros and spending money

Week in Cornwall at a cottage for 5

Couple of other overnight stays within the UK..

Can't put a price on what I've won, they've all been priceless and amazing experiences
  • TravelExplorer1001
    Options
    Holidays I have won are

*A 5 night holiday to Los Angeles to meet David Beckham!
    *A 5 night holiday to New York Business Class, worth £10k
    *A 3 night holiday to New York
    *A 7 night holiday in Salou
    *A 3 night break at Luxury Family Hotels
    *A 3 night Eurodisney Holiday

And lots of weekend stays, 1 night stays throughout the UK x
  • eleanorre
    Options
    Holidays to Ibiza , Mull, Hawaii, Heidelberg for the Christmas Market, Iceland ( which was fab ) and countless weekend breaks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure