Who's ever won a holiday? Where to?!

Options

Comments

• jakesmum
    Options
    My son, with a bit of help from me as he is under 16 so I had to give permission, managed to win a Western Med cruise for four people on the Norwegian Epic through a Nickelodeon xmas advent competition, it was fab, and would have cost us around £4500 if we had paid for it!
  • d0nner
    d0nner Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Ooh there's some fab prizes here! I won 3 nights 5* in Lisbon inc flights and transfers for 2 last year.
    We won a break to Norfolk the previous year which was equally lovely too. Here's hoping for a cruise or luxury holiday to a far flung destination in 2016!
  • towser44
    towser44 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've won a couple of UK breaks. 1 a couple of years ago before I really started comping, I actually only entered it to try to win tickets for the airshow and ended up winning the grand prize at the end of the comp which all entrants got entered into and the second I won was last Sunday.

First was a stay in a hotel in Southport with dinner, bed and breakfast. It also included VIP tickets for the airshow, so we got a table in a marquee with breakfast on arrival and snacks/drinks during the day with proper deckchairs on the closed pier to watch the show. Oh and the Red Arrows pilots came in from Blackpool Airport via helicopter to see us in the marquee and we got their autographs and photos with them all. Was quite sad, as 3 weeks later one of the pilots we spoke to for a while died at Bournemouth Airshow when his plane crashed :-(

Second one I won last week and is 2 nights in a hotel on the Isle of Skye with dinner on both nights in their Michelin restaurant. Arranged it earlier this week for my birthday weekend in March and they have very kindly allowed us to take our daughter along too even though the prize was originally for 2 :-)
    :easter:
  • robyn297
    Options
    Bahamas, not sure of value.

Included flights, breakfasts, hotel and a day trip to Harbour Island(most amazing place I've ever been!)
    Wins 2015:

£0/£2015 in 2015
    1972 Posts: 959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A luxury weekend break for 2 in Sussex (£1000)

A family holiday to Hard Rock Hotel, Florida and Universal tickets (£4000)

A family holiday to Sydney Australia and the Hunter Valley at Christmas (Zoo tickets, bike hire, car hire, Sydney Bridge Climb) (£9000)

Need to win another one as I have won 4 little prizes this year :-(
    2019 Prize Total - £0/0 Prizes 2018 Prize Total - £100/1 Prize 2017 Prize Total - £250/2 Prizes
    2016 Prize Total - £650/3 Prizes 2015 Prize Total - £250/5 Prizes 2014 Prize Total - £625/10 Prizes
    2013 Prize Total - £430/5 Prizes
  • ladymadonna
    Options
    Wow, some amazing holiday wins on here! Lovely to read about other people's wins and good fortune! :-)

I won a caique (traditional wooden boat) cruise around the Greek islands with the Guardian way back in 2003 (before I discovered the MSE Competitions Forum). I would place the value of that trip at around £1,500.

Last year I also won a mini-break in Doha, Qatar, with Smooth Radio. I found the competition through this website. I would estimate the value of this holiday to be around £3,000. The prize included flights, transfers, three nights in a top five star hotel, a meal in a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, an all-expenses paid evening in the region's top jazz club, and £500 spending money.

These were two of the best holidays of my life. The memories and experiences will stay with me forever. I am hoping for many more holiday wins in the future, as these are - without a doubt - the best prizes!

Thanks to all the amazing folk on MSE who post competitions! Wishing you all lots of luck!
  • freefan01
    freefan01 Posts: 4,427 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Over the last 3 years I've won holidays to the Caribbean, Amsterdam, Majorca, Santorini ( which they very kindly changed to a family holiday to Port Aventura) along with a handful of weekend breaks and day trips :) been really lucky x
    Bestof2013-AcerLaptop,years supply of Lindt chocolate,Family to Spain,£500,13 bottles of Wine,iPhone 5,2 night island break,Pedal Bike&Helmet,HuntersWellies,TomTomGPSWatch,3 bottlesVodka
    Dec 2014 - DigitalRadio,Artwork,TekstaPuppy,2xSocks,Cushelle Koala,RoboFish,£50IcelandVouchers,DressingGown,CadburyHamper,
    AirwickSampleHamper
  • dealer1983
    Options
    Has anyone won a holiday for a couple and we're able to pay extra for kids tickets as I would never be able to leave kids with anyone to go on holiday.
  • AubreyMac
    AubreyMac Posts: 1,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I won a CLC holiday the other day!!

Luckily I smelt a rat immediately when they ask me to confirm I'm a home owner.
  • alicew91
    Options
    I've only been comping less than a year and I've won two!

A holiday to Rome for 4, flights, hotel, transfers, travel insurance, £500 spending money and a private sight seeing tour and a pizza making class and a hopper bus ticket! Going in February taking my family in the half term :)

And another one to Morrocco for two. So me and my sister are going in April! Four nights hotels flights travel insurance and a desert buggy experience :).

Happy days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport