Who's ever won a holiday? Where to?!

Options
Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 19 July 2016 at 1:00PM in I won! I won! I won!
We've just been discussing holiday comps at MSE Towers and saying perhaps we should focus on those so we don't have to buy a holiday next year!

Have you won a holiday?

If you have we'd love to know where to and how much the prize package was worth!

Related MSE Guides:

40+ Comping tricks
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    New york for five nights

Vancouver for a week.

Great wins & memories to cherish.

I would guess that the NY win was worth circa £2K & the Vancouver win was about £4K
  • kirankaur
    Options
    I won a flight vouchers with Monarch - so went to Spain

I also won the Ramada grand prize a couple of years ago - 14 night stays at any wyndham hotel and £3000 in flight vouchers :eek:

So with that we managed to go to Thailand, Dubai, Sydney & Miami (not all in one go :beer:)

Best win I've ever had and best holiday
  • dizzyc
    dizzyc Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I was lucky enough to win 3 long-haul holidays in 2012! The first was actually a wedding package to the Bahamas including dress, rings, evening reception, 2 guests etc etc and my hubby and I estimated the prize to be worth £20,000.

Then I won a trip for 2 to the Cayman Islands and I remember they advertised the value of that trip as £4,500. Then I won a trip to South Africa which was valued at £5,500.

I had a cracking time over that 12 month period! And I'm always entering holiday comps as they are my favourite ones - I'm desperately trying to win one for 2016 :)
  • zoenmya
    zoenmya Posts: 696 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    New York for 4 nights for me and 3 other people around £8kin total with excursions,tickets and food and treats and the limo!

And a week in france self catering with my kids worth £1800

Not too bad and New York was amazing
    2015: Laptop and Online tutoring for my daughter
  • bhafc810
    bhafc810 Posts: 11,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    4 Night Stay at Ceasers Palace in Las Vegas with British Airways approx. £5000

3 Night Stay in Sitges - 4 star hotel with flights attending a horror festival , with unlimited passes to the festival approx. £3000

2 Night Stay in Eurodisney in paris - Eurotunnel & hotel stay with park tickets approx. £1500

2 night Spa stay in bath - 5 star with michellin star dinner on 1 night - Thaeme spa pass approx. £2000

Love my hobby x
    Back comping Nov 2021

Wins
    3 pens
    £10 Odeon Cinema Voucher
  • keshimonster
    Options
    Staycations I have won:

1 night stay at St Davids Hotel, Cardiff

2 nights stay at The Castle Hotel, Shropshire

1 night stay at The Capital Hotel, London

3 night stay at Bluestone, Wales

:)
    BANGARANG :j
  • flipflopflop
    Options
    Las Vegas

New York x4

Barcelona

Rome

Florida

£10k trip of my choosing

Ibiza x 3

Zante

Alton Towers stays - too many to think

Plus many more that I can't think off top of my head
  • Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I've won 2 fabulous holidays, the first a weeks family holiday to Las Vegas and a ranch near the Grand Canyon worth about £5000.

We went on the second this past summer, 2 weeks family fly drive to Florida, the budget was £7000 and we could pick where we wanted to go, we chose Orlando, St Petes Beach, and Naples with some fabulous hotels.

Holidays and short breaks are my favourite wins, fingers crossed I'll be lucky enough to win again some time:)
  • jobster
    jobster Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 November 2015 at 1:51PM
    Options
    This year I won a Med Cruise worth £3,500 , a holiday to Spain worth £1,500, a weekend to the Christmas Markets in Munich worth £600 and a glamping holiday in the Lakes worth £350.

Last year we were lucky enough to win a trip to Reid`s Palace in Madeira followed by a City Break in Lisbon and a ski holiday to Val Thorens.

Winning holidays is just the BEST feeling in the World.
    2017 :Jurys Inn King Size DreamBed, Night at a Classic Lodge Hotel with afternoon tea and dinner, £ 500 Ticketmaster Voucher, £250 Restaurant Choice Voucher, Spa Day for 2, £200 Red Letter Day Voucher. 4 Night Tailor Made Morocco Trip, Feather & Down Sleep Gift Set, Molton Brown Goodies
  • kellyjane37
    Options
    2 night stay miami with an 9 day caribbean cruise for 2! approx 5k, limo transfers,excursions ect,food n drink ,amazing best holiday ever last summer x, won after comping for 2 weeks couldnt beleave it, wishing for another to las vegas lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure