Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    jtr63 wrote: »
    I used the "Stylish..." description in Google to find offers for the Andaz. The website InnSecret.com were amazingly offerring this for £10.00 per night ! Even if this was some kind of mistake it was worth a £20.00 punt !

Anyway, when my reservation is confirmed, it quotes that the hotel is the Raddison Empire London which does not seem to exist. I'm now concerned that the InnSecret site is not all it sets out to be. Has anyone experience of booking through this site ?

John.

That site appears to be half-built. No idea if it will be legit once it has been finished but I presume you have been making a booking of test data they're using to build the website.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Giantfeet wrote: »
    Dear all,

Is there any way out if one has booked and paid for secret hotel which has rubbish reviews on trip advisor? I tried to cancel it but I would be charged 100% with no refund at all.
    There must be a get out of jail card. Does anyone know please?
    Thanks.

Not really, this is the penalty you pay for not doing your research. There's a couple of hotels where it might be possible to allege misrepresentation (facilities listed by lastminute don't really exist) but only a couple. Which hotel is it that you booked?
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    zester wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been answered before but i searched the forum and couldnt see it and Im not sure whether its the grange st pauls or not?

Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel - 4* - London
    A modern and stylish 4 star hotel in the city centre. Only a short walk from 2 underground stations and with great views over the River Thames. Attractions nearby include St Pauls, Tate Modern and Tower of London - all within walking distance. Within the hotel enjoy their renowned Italian restaurant and trendy DJ bar.

Thanks for anyones help

This is Crowne Plaza London the City, you unfortunately can't have searched very well cause it's been mentioned about 20 times in the last 5 pages. If the forum search lets you down, try putting the title into google with quotation marks around it. This thread is usually one of the first ten results.

It's a good hotel by the way.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    stebaus wrote: »
    Searched the Forum, but could not find anything on the following - any one know which hotel this is?

Boutique Knightsbridge Luxury Hotel – 5*

Situated just minutes from bustling Knightsbridge and within easy reach of the shopping district of King's Road, this hotel is a haven of calm and tranquillity. Featuring all the comforts of home, rooms have been stylishly appointed and have everything you need whether you're staying for business or pleasure. This hotel features an on site restaurant serving a British menu and access to fitness and spa facilities

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, revealed on p41.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    jamrockjay wrote: »
    Hi well i think its time to book our hotel for our stay this friday, only problem is we cant make up our mind which hotel to stay in. We are thinkin of the grange city noting p-e-p's recommendation to see it as a 4star rather than a 5star but are wondering if there are any deals to be had that would be better vlaue for money than the grange city? Many thanks

I'm not saying these are better deals necessarily but worth considering:

Great Hotel between Oxford St & Regents Park - Holiday Inn Regents Park £68.75. Quite basic but super convenient for Camden (or Oxford st) and very cheap.

Outstanding hotel located in Paddington! - Hilton London Paddington £75. Very good transport links from here and an interesting hotel (forms the frontage of Paddington station). Rooms can be a bit mixed, decor is 30s influenced.

Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel - Crowne Plaza London the City £81.25. This is a better deal than the Grange IMO, a very nice hotel in a slightly more useful location.

Amazing Rates-near Buckingham Palace & Theatres - Park Plaza Victoria £86.10. Another good hotel, rather different location. Maybe not so close to Camden but good for sightseeing/central London

Modern hotel near Tower Bridge - Central - Hilton Tower Bridge £86.25. Excellent hotel, one of the best Hiltons in town, but London Bridge area might be too far from Camden?

Contemporary hotel at the new business district - Hilton Canary Wharf £86.25. Amazing rooms, but a pain to get to late at night.

Amazing rates! Stunning hotel on the South Bank - Park Plaza County Hall £87.58. Better than the Park Plaza Victoria and also a very nice location for all sorts of things.

Superior Hotel next to Regent's Park - Melia White House £93.50. Pretty good hotel and also convenient for Camden.

It depends on what you want in terms of Location/Price/Quality, but I would certainly be very tempted by Crowne Plaza the City and Park Plaza County Hall over the Grange.
  • superrug_2
    superrug_2 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Folks,

It's my missus 40th coming up and I wanted to take her to see a show in the big smoke on the firday night , and maybe a bit of shopping on the saturday.

I have looked on last minute but a bit overwhelmed by the choices, if anyone could give a single or couple of personal recomendations I would be most grateful.

Friday 1st April for two nights, traveling by train from sleepy ol Norwich.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • jtr63
    jtr63 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That site appears to be half-built. No idea if it will be legit once it has been finished but I presume you have been making a booking of test data they're using to build the website.

As suspected, InnSecret is not yet live and I had managed to access test data. The developers have now closed the loophole. It is worth noting I got a very prompt and informative response from them. If they keep this up when the site goes live it bodes well for them.

John.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    baked wrote: »
    hi - wonder if anyone could help me find something for this weekend 11 - 13 march

really would like to get something under £100 a night for me and my daughter (birthday treat to go to the theatre) so would prefer to not be too far out

i can see some that may be ok - but am not too sure what the hotels are - am i best off booking now - or is there likely to still be much price movement?

thanks so much if anyone can help

Outstanding hotel located in Paddington! - Hilton London Paddington £75
    Amazing Rates-near Buckingham Palace & Theatres - Park Plaza Victoria £89.18
    Superior Hotel next to Regent's Park - Melia White House £97.75
    Amazing deal - Fab Paddington Hotel - Novotel Paddington £99
    Excellence ideal for Oxford St. shopping - Hilton London Metropole £99.38
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    parabod wrote: »
    Hi sorry if all wrong but new to posting on a forum. My partner has her graduation on 1/4/11 at the barbican in London. would like to make it a special trip but don't have the pounds. any suggestions on nice cost effective hotels. 31 & 1st near to barbican but more central to covent garden on 2nd and 3rd. She uses a wheelchair so want to keep travel around town to a minimum. Thanks

Hi,

It's a bit more tricky trying to find good deals that are also guaranteed to have good wheelchair access. Lastminute has a tickbox for this but since they don't have full data from all the hotels you immediately lose most of the good deals. Be sure to double check direct with the hotels.

I can't find too much I would recommend right now in any case and would suggest waiting a bit for prices to come down. You could also check Travelsupermarket to see what they have.

Since there aren't too many hotels around Barbican you will be a bit stuck if you have to be very close to it (even the Thistle City Barbican - not recommended - is a little way away). You may want to consider St Pauls-Fleet St-Chancery Lane area as being fairly convenient for both Barbican and Covent Garden.
  • Giantfeet
    Options
    Not really, this is the penalty you pay for not doing your research. There's a couple of hotels where it might be possible to allege misrepresentation (facilities listed by lastminute don't really exist) but only a couple. Which hotel is it that you booked?
    It's the Tophams in Belgravia. It advertises usage of Molton Brown toiletries on its website but gives only Neutrogena toiletries in the rooms and MB in public toilets after emailing them. Is that enough of misinformation to demand cancellation?
    Thanks so very much.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure