Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Paula2010 wrote: »
    Hey thks pelican just to let you know it is definately the crowne plaza kensington.

Stylish Kensington hotel ideal for museums - 4* - London

Treat yourself to a stay in one of London's most elegant districts, don't be fooled by the architecture on the outside of this hotel, inside it is a modern haven with a couple of great restaurants, bar and a little extra area to relax in which not all hotel's can offer! If you have any energy left after hitting the nearby shops and attractions you can find an onsite fitness centre

Good stuff, I was fairly sure but it's nice to have it confirmed!
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    djones77 wrote: »
    does anyone know which hotel this is? looked everywhere and still clueless!!
    Understated luxury close to Big Ben & Westminster! - 5* - London
    Im looking to go with my two children (15 and 10) for two nights on the 25th march to the 27th.
    If anyone can recommend somewhere near to the london eye area (but would consider other areas! as long as can still close to attractions!)i would be really gratefull.

thanks

That's Plaza on the River, which is part of the same building as the Park Plaza Riverbank. You should note that what it offers is more like an apartment than a traditional hotel room. It's quite nicely done. However, I'm not sure they will allow you to book on lastminute at the visible rate for 2 persons, then turn up with three - you will have to check.

Unfortunately I can only make suggestions for max 2 occupants a room because the only reliable way to see how many the hotels are willing to squeeze into one room is to check directly with the hotel. Note my comments to rugbyleague on the previous page.
  • kitsune_2
    Options
    Hi,
    I'll be london with my husband and will be needing a place for 2 nights on the 27th and 28th of march. I am hoping to find a nice modern styled hotel for no more than 150 pounds a night. I was looking on lastminutes.com for the top secret hotels and came across Luxurious hotel in Mayfair with Spa - 5*. I read on the forum that this is most likely The Mayfair, which I think looks quite nice. However, I'm wondering whether I should just book it now, or if I wait, the price will come down?
  • zester
    zester Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if this has been answered before but i searched the forum and couldnt see it and Im not sure whether its the grange st pauls or not?

Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel - 4* - London
    A modern and stylish 4 star hotel in the city centre. Only a short walk from 2 underground stations and with great views over the River Thames. Attractions nearby include St Pauls, Tate Modern and Tower of London - all within walking distance. Within the hotel enjoy their renowned Italian restaurant and trendy DJ bar.

Thanks for anyones help
  • baked_2
    baked_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    hi - wonder if anyone could help me find something for this weekend 11 - 13 march

really would like to get something under £100 a night for me and my daughter (birthday treat to go to the theatre) so would prefer to not be too far out

i can see some that may be ok - but am not too sure what the hotels are - am i best off booking now - or is there likely to still be much price movement?

thanks so much if anyone can help
  • stebaus
    Options
    Searched the Forum, but could not find anything on the following - any one know which hotel this is?

Boutique Knightsbridge Luxury Hotel – 5*

Situated just minutes from bustling Knightsbridge and within easy reach of the shopping district of King's Road, this hotel is a haven of calm and tranquillity. Featuring all the comforts of home, rooms have been stylishly appointed and have everything you need whether you're staying for business or pleasure. This hotel features an on site restaurant serving a British menu and access to fitness and spa facilities
  • jamrockjay
    Options
    Hi well i think its time to book our hotel for our stay this friday, only problem is we cant make up our mind which hotel to stay in. We are thinkin of the grange city noting p-e-p's recommendation to see it as a 4star rather than a 5star but are wondering if there are any deals to be had that would be better vlaue for money than the grange city? Many thanks
  • parabod
    Options
    Hi sorry if all wrong but new to posting on a forum. My partner has her graduation on 1/4/11 at the barbican in London. would like to make it a special trip but don't have the pounds. any suggestions on nice cost effective hotels. 31 & 1st near to barbican but more central to covent garden on 2nd and 3rd. She uses a wheelchair so want to keep travel around town to a minimum. Thanks
  • Giantfeet
    Options
    Dear all,

Is there any way out if one has booked and paid for secret hotel which has rubbish reviews on trip advisor? I tried to cancel it but I would be charged 100% with no refund at all.
    There must be a get out of jail card. Does anyone know please?
    Thanks.
  • jtr63
    jtr63 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pelican's picks for this weekend:

Stylish, vibrant & ideal for London shopping! £125 - Andaz (worth paying the extra £20 for breakfast) (pick of the day)

I used the "Stylish..." description in Google to find offers for the Andaz. The website InnSecret.com were amazingly offerring this for £10.00 per night ! Even if this was some kind of mistake it was worth a £20.00 punt !

Anyway, when my reservation is confirmed, it quotes that the hotel is the Raddison Empire London which does not seem to exist. I'm now concerned that the InnSecret site is not all it sets out to be. Has anyone experience of booking through this site ?

John.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure