Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• sussexgirl12
    Options
    Hi, im looking for a good quality hotel for 2 nights (1 person) from 7 March, probably 4* but would be happy with good 3*. Needs to be reasonably easy access to islington (preferably within 40 mins) but im willing to travel for a good deal and hotel. Budget is maximum £100 per night but preferably around £90 per night. I was thinking of leaving it until next weekend to book as I thought there may be some better deals by leaving it - any suggestions? The deals on secret hotels at the moment dont seem to be that great, other than the Hilton Kensington, which im pretty confident will be there next weekend! Thanks
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2011 at 9:46PM
    Options
    Three of us visiting London 12th of March to take my 16 year old (will be 17 then) to a careers exhibition The Big Bang at the Excel centre.

Need a nice hotel that sleeps 3 please.

Have found The Britannia International for £112 B&B, its in Docklands.

Arriving by train into Euston.

After the exhibition would like to do something in London Wagamamas is always a favourite! and intend to go to the Tate Gallery aswell.

A penny for your thoughts?

Many thanks

Ian

Personally I don't rate that hotel at all. I guess if you can't find anything else at a good price it would do but it's not the best.

It's useless trying to get good secret hotels deals for 3 people unfortunately, the good prices are always for 2 person occupancy while third-party websites like lastminute have no way of knowing whether the two-person rooms have space for an extra bed.

Your best strategy is to see which hotels look quite good value for 2 people and then check directly on their website to see how much 3 would cost. As an example I priced up Club Quarters Gracechurch, much better property in a more convenient location for £109, unfortunately this doesn't include breakfast.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    wendysn wrote: »
    Hello Pelica

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was thinking 4 or 5 star. Do you think I should book now because of the concerts?

W

You will easily find a good 4* for under £100/nt, but it's unlikely that you'll find a true 5*.

Available now at a good price:
    Apex City of London (not secret) £101.52 (compare on travelsupermarket as it could be cheaper elsewhere). This is an excellent hotel.
    Club Quarters St Pauls & Gracechurch both at £94.80 (not secret)

I think you should wait to book, stuff doesn't look to be selling out to me so you should have a lot more choice.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Hi, im looking for a good quality hotel for 2 nights (1 person) from 7 March, probably 4* but would be happy with good 3*. Needs to be reasonably easy access to islington (preferably within 40 mins) but im willing to travel for a good deal and hotel. Budget is maximum £100 per night but preferably around £90 per night. I was thinking of leaving it until next weekend to book as I thought there may be some better deals by leaving it - any suggestions? The deals on secret hotels at the moment dont seem to be that great, other than the Hilton Kensington, which im pretty confident will be there next weekend! Thanks

Yep, other than Hilton Kensington looks like everything else on offer just now is a load of rubbish, I'd wait till later in the week to see what comes down.
  • wendysn
    Options
    You will easily find a good 4* for under £100/nt, but it's unlikely that you'll find a true 5*.

Available now at a good price:
    Apex City of London (not secret) £101.52 (compare on travelsupermarket as it could be cheaper elsewhere). This is an excellent hotel.
    Club Quarters St Pauls & Gracechurch both at £94.80 (not secret)

I think you should wait to book, stuff doesn't look to be selling out to me so you should have a lot more choice.

Thanks for the advice Pelican, I shall be brave and wait until nearer the time!

Wendy
  • Jord11
    Jord11 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2011 at 11:24PM
    Options
    Hi AllWe are hoping you can help. We are planning to visit London (for the first time) in May for 2 nights (2 people) and are looking at a 4* hotel which offers easy access to main attractions, easy access to theatre and a good price.Is now a good time to book - conscious that many will be visiting London for the royal wedding and may extend their visit. Very much appreciate your help with this.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2011 at 12:19AM
    Options
    Jord11 wrote: »
    Hi AllWe are hoping you can help. We are planning to visit London (for the first time) in May for 2 nights (2 people) and are looking at a 4* hotel which offers easy access to main attractions, easy access to theatre and a good price.Is now a good time to book - conscious that many will be visiting London for the royal wedding and may extend their visit. Very much appreciate your help with this.
    When in May are you thinking? I would consider avoiding any date before the 10th if you want a good price.

There's some deals about but mainly in the financial district (around bank/liverpool st) - as we're starting to get close to tourist season prices in the west end will be starting to increase a little.
  • maxjax
    Options
    Hi, I'm yet another one trying to pick your brains! I apologise in advance but I really hope somebody can help. I'm taking my son to London on Friday 4th March as its his 12th birthday. We're only staying one night but I would love to book a really nice hotel as a surprise. I've tried working out which secret hotels are the best deal but I would really appreciate some help and recommendations. I'm looking at a budget of £100-130 (or cheaper if possible!) for both of us in a central location.
    Many Thanks
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    maxjax wrote: »
    Hi, I'm yet another one trying to pick your brains! I apologise in advance but I really hope somebody can help. I'm taking my son to London on Friday 4th March as its his 12th birthday. We're only staying one night but I would love to book a really nice hotel as a surprise. I've tried working out which secret hotels are the best deal but I would really appreciate some help and recommendations. I'm looking at a budget of £100-130 (or cheaper if possible!) for both of us in a central location.
    Many Thanks

There's quite a lot available! What's most important: location, price or quality? As always on weekend nights most of the best available deals are in the City (financial district). Is this an OK location? And do you prefer more modern or traditional style hotels?
  • moivg
    Options
    Description: A modern 5-star-hotel set in the heart of theatre land. Enjoy exceptional amenities, great views overlooking London, luxury facilities and special services tailored for your very need...

Thx,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure