We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    apmac wrote: »
    ok, getting a bit frustrated now!

I called the hilton kensington - got a woman in a call centre i could hardly hear or understand and she said we can't have a cot in the room?!! I asked what people with babies do and she said we would need to book a separate room for the wee one!!

Today the Pestana Chelsea Bridge came on at £99 (Amazing Offers in new, modern Chelsea hotel - 4* - London) so I called them and breakfast is £18.50 each which puts them right out of our £100 ish budget!

Does anyone have any suggestions or heard of any good deals for this weekend (this sat night for 3 nights) - as far as I can see the rest of the top secret deals under £100 are big no-nos!

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Did you speak to the Hilton Kensington or to a general Hilton call centre? The number for the hotel is 020 7603 3355. Whoever told you that a one year old would stay in a separate room is obviously talking complete rubbish. By the way, in these sorts of situations it's always worth calling repeatedly until you get the answer you want.

Yeego actually has a rate on the Kensington that includes breakfast and 1 child inside your £100/nt, though I've never used them for booking before. Only offers a twin room but the hotel should be able to alter that. Yeego also has Crowne Plaza Shoreditch for £103/nt including breakfast.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    apt wrote: »
    Superbreak has the Leonard for £100 per night including breakfast. You can get a further 8% off by booking via topcashback etc. Also, unlike lastminute, they don't charge extra for credit cards.

That hotel's OK if you like really old-fashioned decor and frills on absolutely everything, but I presume it's only American tourists that go in for that sort of thing when they come to see quainte olde Englande...
  • apmac
    apmac Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    thanks apt,

do you have experience of staying in this hotel? The rate looks really good but the rating on tripadvisor seems a bit mixed. I have also got quite a good price for the K + K George - £320ish for 3 nights B+B so thinking about that at the moment if nothing better comes up. A pool would be nice but now I think I'm being fussy!
  • apmac
    apmac Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    ooh Pelican, thanks, I've just seen your post so I'll look into them.

I think I got a call centre for the Hilton as the woman had a heavy accent and was nearly drowned out by background noise so I might try the direct number!
    What do you think of the K + K?
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2011 at 5:26PM
    Options
    apmac wrote: »
    ooh Pelican, thanks, I've just seen your post so I'll look into them.

I think I got a call centre for the Hilton as the woman had a heavy accent and was nearly drowned out by background noise so I might try the direct number!
    What do you think of the K + K?

It seems to have started marketing itself as a 4*, always been 3* as far as I've been aware, albeit an excellent 3*.
  • digitaldickie
    Options
    Hi,

im booking a secret hotel off last minute and cant find out which hotel it is, can anybody help please?

Its described as: Grand property just steps away from theatreland - 5* - London, we are staying on friday 25th feb and lastminute are charging £149.45.
    This is an elegant and comfortable haven right in the middle of London's West End. This hotel has the perfect location for theatres, shopping or visiting the famous sights of the capital. The property combines classic elegance with contemporary touches and is, without doubt, a fabulous choice for anyone visiting London on leisure or business.

Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail

Business facilities
    • Audio/Visual Equipment
    • Internet
    • Conference Rooms

Hotel facilities
    • Room Service
    • Air Conditioning
    • Concierge
    • Currency Exchange
    • Free newspaper
    • Laundry
    • Valet parking*
    • Wireless internet
    *May incur an additional cost

Room facilities
    • Air Conditioning
    • Cable television
    • Complimentary toiletries
    • Coffee/tea facilities
    • Telephone
    • Television
    • Trouser Press
    • Modem Access
    • Hairdryer
    • Mini-bar
    • Iron & ironing board
    • Safe

Restaurant
    • Restaurant and Bar: The perfect place to meet and entertain whether for business or pleasure. Simple, fresh food is the trademark of the restaurant and the popular menu reflects a fusion of British and Mediterranean influences.

Children policy
    • Children welcome

Cancellation policy
    • Cancellation charge is 100%

Pets policy
    • Guide dogs permitted only

Smoking policy
    • Smoking permitted in designated guest rooms
    Check-in time: 15:00 Check-out time: 11:00

Local Attractions
    • Big Ben
    • Tate Modern Gallery
    • Trafalgar Square
    • National Portrait Gallery
    • Piccadilly Circus
    • Covent Garden
    • Buckingham Palace
    • National Gallery

Credit cards accepted by hotel
    • American Express
    • Delta
    • Diners Club International
    • Maestro
    • Mastercard
    • Solo
    • Switch
    • Visa
    • Visa Electron
    Many thanks
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Hi,

im booking a secret hotel off last minute and cant find out which hotel it is, can anybody help please?

Its described as: Grand property just steps away from theatreland - 5* - London, we are staying on friday 25th feb and lastminute are charging £149.45.
    This is an elegant and comfortable haven right in the middle of London's West End. This hotel has the perfect location for theatres, shopping or visiting the famous sights of the capital. The property combines classic elegance with contemporary touches and is, without doubt, a fabulous choice for anyone visiting London on leisure or business.

Radisson Edwardian Hampshire. Wouldn't pay that much for it personally. For the same price, the Athenaeum "Top West End Hotel" is miles and miles better, and there is quite a lot of good stuff available cheaper too.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2011 at 2:36AM
    Options
    Pelican's picks for this weekend:

5*
    Friday:
    Luxurious unique property minutes from Chelsea £109 - Hotel Verta
    Stylish, vibrant & ideal for London shopping! £125 - Andaz (worth paying the extra £20 for breakfast) (pick of the day)
    Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End £129 - Hyatt Regency the Churchill
    Award Winning Boutique Hotel £132 - Threadneedles
    Top West End hotel £150 - Athenaeum

Saturday:
    Award Winning Boutique Hotel £132 - Threadneedles(pick of the day)
    Luxury retreat in excellent location £140 - Wyndham Grand Chelsea Harbour. This can be a bit cheaper but given that prices this Sat are a bit steep, this is an OK deal.
    Unwind in Luxury Knightsbridge Hotel £150 - I believe this is The Cadogan but haven't been able to confirm for sure.

Sunday:
    Chic Hotel in the heart of the West End£109 - Le Meridien Piccadilly. I wouldn't normally recommend this hotel (not the best 5*) but this is an unusually low price for it.
    Luxurious unique property minutes from Chelsea £109 - Hotel Verta
    Rafayel on the left bank (not secret) £109
    Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End £119 - Hyatt Regency the Churchill (pick of the day)
    Boutique Knightsbridge Luxury Hotel £124 - Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
    Stylish, vibrant & ideal for London shopping! £125 - Andaz (worth paying the extra £20 for breakfast)
    Award Winning Boutique Hotel £132 - Threadneedles
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Pelican's picks for this weekend:

4*
    Friday:
    Upscale property in West London, Kensington £81.25 - The ever-present Hilton London Kensington
    Contemporary hotel at the new business district £86.25 - Hilton Canary Wharf
    Superior Hotel next to Regent's Park £97.75 - Melia White House (pick of the day)
    Modern hotel near Tower Bridge £98.75 - Hilton Tower Bridge
    Sale in the City £100.98 - Apex City of London

Saturday:
    Club Quarters Gracechurch (not secret) £94.80 (pick of the day)
    Sale in the City £100.98 - Apex City of London
    Intimate and Luxury Boutique Hotel in Hyde Park £126.99 - The Royal Park hotel
    Comfort and Style in South Kensington £126.99 - The Cranley

Sunday:
    Trendy high quality hotel, amazing location £65 - Mercure London City Bankside
    Hot Winter Rates-near Buckingham Palace & Theatres £67.66 - Park Plaza Victoria (pick of the day)
    Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel £75 - Crowne Plaza London the City
    Amazing deal - Fab Paddington Hotel £79 - Believe this to be the Novotel Paddington but only 95% sure.
    Upscale property in West London, Kensington £81.25 - The ever-present Hilton London Kensington
    Terrific location close to the heart of London £82.11 - Hilton London Islington
    Megaro Hotel (not secret) £89

As you can see, Sunday is a great day for a last-minute night away.
  • apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    Options
    We did the Andaz as top secret on Saturday last weekend. Paid the £145 to include breakfast. It was superb. Could not fault it. Had a lovely time.
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback