We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options
18687899192209

Comments

  • mousehouse
    Options
    Hi looking for a good 4 or 5 star hotel for the 6th to 9th of may
    Is it too early for a good deal
    Many thanks
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    mousehouse wrote: »
    Hi looking for a good 4 or 5 star hotel for the 6th to 9th of may
    Is it too early for a good deal
    Many thanks
    Probably much too early but I'll have a look later today.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    mousehouse wrote: »
    Hi looking for a good 4 or 5 star hotel for the 6th to 9th of may
    Is it too early for a good deal
    Many thanks


    Crowne Plaza London Shoreditch (not secret) £92 (Search other sites as this hotel is usually even cheaper elsewhere)
    Amazing deal at Luxury City Centre Hotel - Crowne Plaza London The City £95.83


    That seems to be all in the way of good deals so far. Around the 1st May or just after would be the best time for you to look if you want the really good deals.
  • mousehouse
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • apmac
    apmac Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can anyone help me?
    DH and I are going to london this weekend for 3 nights (26th onwards) with our one year old.
    I've been keeping an eye on lastminute secret hotels and the best of the cheapest seems to be the Hilton Kensington. Our budget is hopefully under £100 per night and although this appears possible, none of the deals seem to include breakfast, which is my favourite bit of staying in a hotel! Is this standard practise for secret hotels and is it expensive to add on breakfast? Has anyone else done this? I was hoping to eat a big breakfast and save money on lunch!
    Also, when I put in 2 adults and 1 child under 2 it kept coming up with family sized rooms which are more expensive so now I'm searching for doubles and plan to request a cot - is this normal?!
    Thanks!
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    apmac wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone help me?
    DH and I are going to london this weekend for 3 nights (26th onwards) with our one year old.
    I've been keeping an eye on lastminute secret hotels and the best of the cheapest seems to be the Hilton Kensington.
    Agreed, they seem to be a bit reluctant to come down on price this weekend even though they don't appear to be too heavily booked. I might see if that changes tomorrow morning if I were you.
    apmac wrote: »
    Our budget is hopefully under £100 per night and although this appears possible, none of the deals seem to include breakfast, which is my favourite bit of staying in a hotel! Is this standard practise for secret hotels and is it expensive to add on breakfast? Has anyone else done this? I was hoping to eat a big breakfast and save money on lunch!
    It's rare for secret hotel deals to include breakfast. The Hilton Kensington has a promotion at £12 per person per day that you can request when you check in. It can be worth checking other sites to see if you can get a deal including breakfast for only a little more.
    apmac wrote: »
    Also, when I put in 2 adults and 1 child under 2 it kept coming up with family sized rooms which are more expensive so now I'm searching for doubles and plan to request a cot - is this normal?!
    Thanks!
    If your child is only one this is probably the best idea, it's a good plan to request this in the box that comes up when booking and follow this up with a phone call to the hotel. There may be a small charge, can't be sure.
  • ljs_3
    ljs_3 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    This isn't a London booking but would appreciate some advice from somebody who has booked secret hotels via lastminute.com before. I booked a secret hotel today for next Saturday in Reading costing £58. I was hoping it would be the Hilton but it came back as the Crown Plaza Reading. However this hotel is £59 on lastminute anyway, and annoyingly £59 on the hotels own website! This doesn't seem a bargain at all and if I had known that was going to happen I would obviuosly chosen my own hotel. I emailed lastminute as the phone number is an expensive one, and they just sent a standard, but irrelevant reply saying all secret hotels are bargains and are less than the hotels own website. I have emailed back saying I am not happy with that but has this happened to anyone before?
  • Sgt_Oddball
    Options
    Hi,

    looking for a good hotel this weekend (25th Feb to 27th Feb - 2 nights).

    There is the following topsecret hotel:

    "A superb four-star deluxe modern & contemporary hotel located minutes from popular historical places and Victoria Underground. Within walking distance of some of London's main attractions including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Hyde Park and Big Ben. Modern guestrooms and great facilities make this a very popular luxury hotel in the centre of London."

    The usual searches (including this thread) reveal nothing much. Has anyone an idea?

    Thanks
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Hi,

    looking for a good hotel this weekend (25th Feb to 27th Feb - 2 nights).

    There is the following topsecret hotel:

    "A superb four-star deluxe modern & contemporary hotel located minutes from popular historical places and Victoria Underground. Within walking distance of some of London's main attractions including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Hyde Park and Big Ben. Modern guestrooms and great facilities make this a very popular luxury hotel in the centre of London."

    The usual searches (including this thread) reveal nothing much. Has anyone an idea?

    Thanks

    That's the Park Plaza Victoria. Usually on this thread it's best to search on the title rather than the description as that's how most of the hotels are revealed.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    ljs wrote: »
    This isn't a London booking but would appreciate some advice from somebody who has booked secret hotels via lastminute.com before. I booked a secret hotel today for next Saturday in Reading costing £58. I was hoping it would be the Hilton but it came back as the Crown Plaza Reading. However this hotel is £59 on lastminute anyway, and annoyingly £59 on the hotels own website! This doesn't seem a bargain at all and if I had known that was going to happen I would obviuosly chosen my own hotel. I emailed lastminute as the phone number is an expensive one, and they just sent a standard, but irrelevant reply saying all secret hotels are bargains and are less than the hotels own website. I have emailed back saying I am not happy with that but has this happened to anyone before?


    This is always a risk with secret hotels and there's not really anything you can do about it. Better research next time is the lesson, I guess! I would never book a secret hotel without being at least 95% sure which one it was.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards