We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Offers_hunter
    Options
    Can't get this hotel to come up on the lastminute site but in any case it appears to be the Hilton London Hyde Park. I wouldn't really recommend it, it's not one of the better Hiltons even in West London.

What rate are they offering?

It's £119.68. I can also see what looks like the Hilton Kensington for £98.90 so I may go for that as reveiews on here are good, I just wasn't keen on being on the location as if I remember correctly it's on the main roundabout...
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Tink1234 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, this is my first post. I have had a search through this thread and found a few answers from people stating that the secret hotel I am interested in is The Mayfair Hotel on Stratton Street, I 95% agree with this but the only thing that is making me doubt it is the fact that I know the area well and I don't think that Green Park tube is the 500m away that the description is stating, so that makes me thinK it may be a different hotel, I may be completely wrong and my distance may be so off ;) Can someone help me out here. Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

HOTEL DESCRIPTION
    Hotel information

This contemporary 5 star luxurious hotel is set in the heart of Mayfair. With the famous theatres and historic landmarks nearby, this hotel has a great location in central London. The spacious guestrooms and quality facilities are perfect for both the leisure and business traveller.

This one is known to be the May Fair hotel, was revealed on p29 by someone who'd booked it and I've also confirmed it using my methods. The 500m is probably just put there as a guess or to throw people off the scent. I agree that in reality it's more like 50m.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    It's £119.68. I can also see what looks like the Hilton Kensington for £98.90 so I may go for that as reveiews on here are good, I just wasn't keen on being on the location as if I remember correctly it's on the main roundabout...

It's just off the roundabout on Holland Park avenue. If you approach it from the Holland Park side you don't have to have any involvement with the roundabout. In any case the double glazing is really good, stayed at the front of the hotel a few times and never had noise problems.
  • Tink1234
    Options
    Great stuf Pelican! Thanks for that! Yes the 500m is way off I thought :)
  • lubylubylou
    Options
    I am trying to find out which hotel this is on lastminute.com secret hotels but havent had any luck, i have searched back a good few pages but cant seem to find an answer to which hotel in london this is,
    Absolute gem ideal for West End & Oxford St Shops - 4* - London
    Original artworks line the walls of this British-colonial-style hotel, which is ideally situated in the heart of London. This is an Edwardian building which has been sensitively restored to its original architectural style. With both the West End and Regent Park less than 500 yards away, your location is perfect and your hotel luxurious, stylish and sophisticated.
    • Restaurant: The hotel bar and restaurant is the ideal place to meet for dinner or drinks. With its modern styling and neutral tones, the restaurant has an enhanced feeling of space and light, an ideal venue to enjoy the simple, tasty dishes prepared by excellent chefs.
    • Location information: Warren Street tube station
    thanks for any help
  • lubylubylou
    Options
    also if anyone knows this hotel is it any good?
  • jrs200
    jrs200 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    It's the Radisson Edwardian Grafton, if you put the 'catch line' into the search thread box, it will come up with results.
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is the Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel as shown earlier in the thread e.g. no. 700.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    It's an adequate hotel but there are a number of others I would take ahead of it. What dates are you looking at?
  • lubylubylou
    Options
    friday 25th February checking out monday....any advice would be great.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback