We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• maximurph_2
    Options
    thanks pelican, my daughters are 9 and 12, dont know if that helps.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2011 at 8:09PM
    Options
    With those ages the only thing that comes up when searching is Ramada Docklands at £89/nt. It might be worth seeing what comes up for 2 adults, then contacting the hotels directly and see if you can do a deal with them that involves a small extra bed/rollaway.

Also check hotel websites, a lot of them have more flexible options for dealing with children - i.e. the Novotel Excel (just did this as a test) is £70/nt on secret hotels for 2 adults or £140/nt on lastminute with 3 occupants but £99 inc breakfast on the hotel website for a room with 1 double bed, 1 sofa bed.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    This post isn't related to anyone's request but it looks like a new one I haven't seen before:

Superb West London Hotel
    Contemporary 4 star hotel with spacious bedrooms at a 1 minute walk from the nearest tube station and Central London at a tube ride of approx. 20 minutes. Excellent location close to Wembley and Westfield Shopping Centre. The hotel is ideal for business travellers, family or shopping trips and boasts state of the art gym and steam room. On-site secure car parking available at an additional cost as well as bar and rosette standard brasserie.

Crowne Plaza London Ealing. Maybe useful if you're travelling for business with one of the companies round the Hangar Lane/Park Royal area, a bit too far out otherwise.
  • maximurph_2
    Options
    thanks pelican for taking the time to do that for me its much appreciated.:T
  • emsielu
    Options
    Hi,

My boyfriend has arranged a weekend away for us for this weekend... but although he has booked the train and show tickets he has forgotten to book the hotel...

Can anyone help me out we are going this Sat 19th for 1 night and his budget is £100-£150.

Thankyou in advance... I am totally clueless when it comes to hotels and booking them!
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    edited 17 February 2011 at 4:14PM
    Options
    emsielu wrote: »
    Can anyone help me out we are going this Sat 19th for 1 night and his budget is £100-£150.

Good sub-£100 4*

Club Quarters Gracechurch (not secret) £94.80
    Club Quarters St Pauls (not secret) £94.80
    Hot winter rates - near Buckingham Palace and theatres - Park Plaza Victoria £95.94
    Fantastic Discount ! Stylish Hotel near the River! - Park Plaza Riverbank £97.42
    Luxury & Fab hotel near Buckingham Palace - Crowne Plaza St James £98.88

Sub-£150 5* (I've left out a couple that might not appeal)

Luxurious unique property minutes from Chelsea - Hotel Verta £109 (check the difficult location is something you can cope with)
    Marriott West India Quay (not secret) £118 (this is also in an out-of-the way location)
    Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End - Hyatt Regency - The Churchill £119
    Unwind in luxury Knightsbridge hotel - I think this is the Cadogan but I haven't been able to confirm 100% £130
    Award winning boutique hotel - Threadneedles £132
    Luxury retreat in excellent location - Wyndham Grand Chelsea Harbour £135 (a bit out of the way)
  • Looking for a room in London for 2 from 11th to 13th March (2 nights) Ideally looking for it be around the £100 a night mark and 4* but could go higher to get a better hotel/deal.

Looked on lastminute just now but all the hotels in that price range don't seem to be getting great reviews, any recommendations? I've noted the post above, but not sure if there are any other gem's out there?
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    edited 17 February 2011 at 4:23PM
    Options
    Looking for a room in London for 2 from 11th to 13th March (2 nights) Ideally looking for it be around the £100 a night mark and 4* but could go higher to get a better hotel/deal.

Looked on lastminute just now but all the hotels in that price range don't seem to be getting great reviews, any recommendations? I've noted the post above, but not sure if there are any other gem's out there?

Main recommendations are to wait till nearer the time, hotels are not going to be sold out in early March and the best deals always appear within the week before your stay.

However, it looks like there's a half-price sale on the Landmark (not secret), a pretty good and well-located 5* for £107/nt is an interesting prospect. This deal is only bookable today or tomorrow.
    Marriott West India Quay is also five star and available for £101 but the Docklands location might not attract you.

In the realms of 4*, Crowne Plaza Shoreditch is a decent bet at £92 but have a look around as other sites often have this hotel cheaper.

"Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel" is £100 and is Crowne Plaza London the City. Good hotel and convenient location.

There are a few good 4* around the £105 mark (including some mentioned in my previous post) but I am confident these will come down in price nearer the time.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Some recent trends:
    Hilton seem to be pushing their hotels less aggressively through the secret promotion this month.
    Crowne Plaza and Park Plaza seem to be pricing quite competitively, and more hotels from these chains are participating in the secret promotion.
    Greater number of independent/boutique hotels starting to take part, including a number I haven't seen before.
    5* hotels seem to be driving down each other's prices somewhat, quite a few new faces among the secret hotels and a few that haven't been seen for a little while as well.
    Lastminute are trying various tricks to make certain hotels harder to confirm.
  • emsielu
    Options
    Thank you for your recomendations, I shall look into them now and get them booked! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback