Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Shania wrote: »
    Can anyone help with this hotel Pleeaaaaseeee!

This superb boutique hotel has been recently refurbished and offers great facilities. All the rooms are equipped with a safe, air conditioning and Wi-Fi internet access. The hotel features a bar and restaurant and is located just a short walk from Victoria station.
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mailRoom facilities
    • Air Conditioning
    • Radio
    • Bathrobe
    • CD/DVD Player
    • Climate Control
    • Complimentary mineral water
    • Connecting Rooms
    • Daily housekeeping
    • DVD Player
    • Flat screen LCD TV
    • Free Internet access
    • Safe with notebook plug
    • Coffee/tea facilities
    • Telephone
    • Television
    • Voicemail
    • High speed internet connection
    • Work desk with lamp
    • Hairdryer
    • Iron & ironing board
    • Private bathroom with bath/shower(r)
    • Refrigerator
    • Free safe box with laptop capacity

(r)This facility is room dependentCancellation policy
    • Cancellation charge is 100%
    Pets policy
    • Pets not permitted
    Smoking policy
    • Smoking not permitted
    Check-in time: 13:00 Check-out time: 11:00
    • Nearest airport: London Heathrow Apt, London Gatwick Apt
    • Nearest train station: Victoria

Tophams Hotel, it's awful. Please have a quick look through recent pages before asking (or use google) as this hotel has come up three or four times in the last few pages.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Or this one:

Decorated in warm relaxing colours with scatterings of fine artwork and designer furniture, this central London hotel is a picture of style. This Victorian townhouse still retains many of its original features from the stain glass windows to the elegant and decorative painted ceiling.
    Just a stroll from world-class museums and galleries and close to Knightsbridge, Earls Court and Olympia, this hotel is a superb choice.

Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt. It's reasonably good, big rooms but the decor is more old-fashioned than modern from what I've heard.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    nickyotron wrote: »
    can anyone tell me where this might be please ? :)

Awesome Paddington Hotel Fab New Rooms - 4* - London

GB
    For those who want to relax in a quiet and great environment, this city hotel is the place to be. The hotel is also a great location for business travellers and it has all meetings facilities you will need for all your important meetings.

Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court. Avoid this hotel.

Google is your friend, do a quick search on the title before asking as you are likely to get a quicker answer!
  • apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    edited 6 February 2011 at 6:17PM
    Options
    This is indeed the Andaz, it's an excellent hotel. Queen is a little smaller than King but I never take lastminute's idea of what bed size they will give you too seriously. If it's quite empty many hotels will stick you in a king room, as has happened to me repeatedly.

£145 isn't too bad but there's a chance that if you wait till nearer the time it might go down to £125. It might also disappear completely but at this time of year I doubt it. The gamble is up to you.

You could also consider the Athenaeum "Top West End Hotel" - it's excellent and usually comes on at £130 for Saturdays. Usually appears about 1 week before.

Other options include the Wyndham Grand "Luxury retreat in excellent location" at £125, the location in fact being Chelsea (maybe not as accessible as some areas). The hotel is nice though. Also "Boutique Knightsbridge Luxury Hotel" at £124 which was a new one for me but turned out to be the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.
    Thank you for your suggestions and info. Much appreciated. I will look at those now. Have also been looking at The Apex & The Mint both near Tower Bridge.....
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
  • nickyotron
    Options
    Best Western Shaftesbury Paddington Court. Avoid this hotel.

Google is your friend, do a quick search on the title before asking as you are likely to get a quicker answer!

thankyou for your advice. I'll carry on my search :beer:
  • TheMacs
    Options
    Hello,

Love this thread!

We're trying to get a good deal for 11th - 14th Feb. Our max budget is £120 p/n. We don't mind where we stay but would like something near central london.

Can anyone recommend which of the top secret hotels are worth going to?

Thanks
  • Shania
    Shania Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    This is taken from Hotel Direct Website. Any clue what hotel could it be?

Board basis: Room Only. Full English Breakfast can be added during booking.
    Family rooms: No Family Rooms
    Full English Breakfast can be added at the time of booking.

Room and hotel facilities: Each of the ensuite bedrooms is contemporary in style and offers cable internet access at a charge, tea and coffee making facilities, air conditioning, complimentary toiletries, hairdryer, trouser press and iron and ironing board. The hotel has a restaurant onsite serving contemporary modern European cuisine with a British twist and 2 bars which offer the idea setting for pre-theatre drinks or a relaxing coffee after a hard days shopping. Additionally there is an onsite gym with a full range of equipment.

Hotel and location: One of London`s newest World Class hotels. This 4* luxury hotels nestles above Mayfair and Oxford Street and is very close to Marble Arch and Park Lane. This places much of London`s theatre land, the finest restaurants and most glamourous shopping to be found in the capital, within strolling distance. Design and technology are fused in this breath taking, contemporary hotel. Re-designed and fully refurbished, all rooms are individually styled and fitted with flat screen entertainment hubs.

Check-in, Check-out. Check-in 2pm - Check-out 12noon

Car Parking: NCP in Bryanston Street - behind the hotel. Approx £35.00 for 24hrs. Hotel has arrangement of 25% discount on parking. Obtain discount voucher from concierge before departing hotel.
  • pinksprout
    pinksprout Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 February 2011 at 12:01AM
    Options
    Hi pelican_eats_pigeon, thank you for all your help on this thread.

I'm looking for 1 night, Friday 18 March - 2 adults:

Other than The Cumberland for £109 (which I have worked out from earlier posts) are any of the following top secret 'Room Only' deals worth considering:

1.) Modern hotel in the heart of Bloomsbury - 4* - £106.25

2.) Luxury and fab hotel near Buckingham Palace - 4* - £121.56

3.) Intimate and Luxury Boutique Hotel in Hyde Park - 4* - £126.99

4.) Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel - 4* - £93.75 (is this the Crown Plaza?)

5.) Chic hotel close to Hyde Park & Paddington - 4* - £109

6.) Amazing City hotel with luxury spa &pool,book now! - 5* - £99 (The Grange, St Paul's?)

I hope that's enough detail for you to recognise the hotel; you're clearly very familiar with the usual top secret hotel deals :A
  • whykt
    Options
    Luxurious unique property minutes from Chelsea - 5*

Just booked this hotel, it turned out to be Hotel Verta, Bridges Wharf, London, SW11 3BE.

"This hotel is part of a new breed of properties springing up on the south side of the Thames offering luxury and something truly different to the traveller. Situated less than ten minutes from The Kings Road in Chelsea this property offers modern comfortable rooms with flat screen TVs and wireless internet. This is a great deal in one of London's most exciting properties."

Under £100 a night with cashback and discount code, not bad for a 5*!
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    This is taken from Hotel Direct Website. Any clue what hotel could it be?

Board basis: Room Only. Full English Breakfast can be added during booking.
    Family rooms: No Family Rooms
    Full English Breakfast can be added at the time of booking.

Room and hotel facilities: Each of the ensuite bedrooms is contemporary in style and offers cable internet access at a charge, tea and coffee making facilities, air conditioning, complimentary toiletries, hairdryer, trouser press and iron and ironing board. The hotel has a restaurant onsite serving contemporary modern European cuisine with a British twist and 2 bars which offer the idea setting for pre-theatre drinks or a relaxing coffee after a hard days shopping. Additionally there is an onsite gym with a full range of equipment.

Hotel and location: One of London`s newest World Class hotels. This 4* luxury hotels nestles above Mayfair and Oxford Street and is very close to Marble Arch and Park Lane. This places much of London`s theatre land, the finest restaurants and most glamourous shopping to be found in the capital, within strolling distance. Design and technology are fused in this breath taking, contemporary hotel. Re-designed and fully refurbished, all rooms are individually styled and fitted with flat screen entertainment hubs.

Check-in, Check-out. Check-in 2pm - Check-out 12noon

Car Parking: NCP in Bryanston Street - behind the hotel. Approx £35.00 for 24hrs. Hotel has arrangement of 25% discount on parking. Obtain discount voucher from concierge before departing hotel.

This is The Cumberland. As I've said to someone else, I've heard mixed reports about that hotel.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback