Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• stooklie
    stooklie Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I will have a look at the Hilton Kensington. Appreciate all your help on this thread, very informative posts.
  • Shania
    Shania Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    The Grange Rochester. Rather so-so, I'm not a fan of the Grange family in general and wouldn't say this was one of their best properties. Though if you can get it for £60-65/night or less it might not be too bad value.

----
    Just a general note, there's no need to post in the full hotel details (makes the thread hard to follow) but the title (in this case "Excellent, centrally located hotel in Victoria") is useful as it saves me time looking them up. It also helps by making the answer more google-able.

Thanks for your help;) I'm a bit fussy with hotels so maybe not for me!! I'll keep looking then.
  • apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2011 at 6:22PM
    Options
    Looking for 5 star London hotel for Sat 19th (king bed not standard double) with breakfast. Can confirm identity of this or recommend a good 5 star deal please? Treat night away without our children - yipee!

This one (which I have found out from this thread I think is the Andaz) looks promising...
    This amazing 5 star hotel in the heart of all that's London is within walking distance to Tower Bridge, Tower of London, St Pauls Cathedral & Tate Modern. With the tube on the hotels' doorstep, the West Ends shopping & theatre district can be reached within minutes as well as the O2 Arena only a short trip away

Says "queen double" which I am never sure is smaller or bigger than a king size bed?? Any thoughts on this hotel?

Price wise.....It is £145 B&B inc vat compared to hotel site at £179 B&B plus vat.
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
  • Pinky00_2
    Options
    Nope, it's actually The Cumberland...

Spot on Pelican, just booked it!

Thanks
    Pinky
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    apples1 wrote: »
    Looking for 5 star London hotel for Sat 19th (king bed not standard double) with breakfast. Can confirm identity of this or recommend a good 5 star deal please? Treat night away without our children - yipee!

This one (which I have found out from this thread I think is the Andaz) looks promising...
    This amazing 5 star hotel in the heart of all that's London is within walking distance to Tower Bridge, Tower of London, St Pauls Cathedral & Tate Modern. With the tube on the hotels' doorstep, the West Ends shopping & theatre district can be reached within minutes as well as the O2 Arena only a short trip away

Says "queen double" which I am never sure is smaller or bigger than a king size bed?? Any thoughts on this hotel?

Price wise.....It is £145 B&B inc vat compared to hotel site at £179 B&B plus vat.

This is indeed the Andaz, it's an excellent hotel. Queen is a little smaller than King but I never take lastminute's idea of what bed size they will give you too seriously. If it's quite empty many hotels will stick you in a king room, as has happened to me repeatedly.

£145 isn't too bad but there's a chance that if you wait till nearer the time it might go down to £125. It might also disappear completely but at this time of year I doubt it. The gamble is up to you.

You could also consider the Athenaeum "Top West End Hotel" - it's excellent and usually comes on at £130 for Saturdays. Usually appears about 1 week before.

Other options include the Wyndham Grand "Luxury retreat in excellent location" at £125, the location in fact being Chelsea (maybe not as accessible as some areas). The hotel is nice though. Also "Boutique Knightsbridge Luxury Hotel" at £124 which was a new one for me but turned out to be the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    Pinky00 wrote: »
    Spot on Pelican, just booked it!

Thanks

Do let me know how it is as the reports I've heard on that hotel have varied wildly!
  • Shania
    Options
    Can anyone help with this hotel Pleeaaaaseeee!

This superb boutique hotel has been recently refurbished and offers great facilities. All the rooms are equipped with a safe, air conditioning and Wi-Fi internet access. The hotel features a bar and restaurant and is located just a short walk from Victoria station.
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mailRoom facilities
    • Air Conditioning
    • Radio
    • Bathrobe
    • CD/DVD Player
    • Climate Control
    • Complimentary mineral water
    • Connecting Rooms
    • Daily housekeeping
    • DVD Player
    • Flat screen LCD TV
    • Free Internet access
    • Safe with notebook plug
    • Coffee/tea facilities
    • Telephone
    • Television
    • Voicemail
    • High speed internet connection
    • Work desk with lamp
    • Hairdryer
    • Iron & ironing board
    • Private bathroom with bath/shower(r)
    • Refrigerator
    • Free safe box with laptop capacity

(r)This facility is room dependentCancellation policy
    • Cancellation charge is 100%
    Pets policy
    • Pets not permitted
    Smoking policy
    • Smoking not permitted
    Check-in time: 13:00 Check-out time: 11:00
    • Nearest airport: London Heathrow Apt, London Gatwick Apt
    • Nearest train station: Victoria
  • Shania
    Options
    Or this one:

Decorated in warm relaxing colours with scatterings of fine artwork and designer furniture, this central London hotel is a picture of style. This Victorian townhouse still retains many of its original features from the stain glass windows to the elegant and decorative painted ceiling.
    Just a stroll from world-class museums and galleries and close to Knightsbridge, Earls Court and Olympia, this hotel is a superb choice.
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mailBusiness facilities
    • Business Centre
    • Conference Rooms
    Children facilities
    • Babysitting
    Hotel facilities
    • Room Service
    • Air Conditioning
    • Concierge
    • Currency Exchange
    • Free newspaper
    • Laundry
    • Reception desk
    • Valet parking*
    • Wireless internet

*May incur an additional costLeisure facilities
    • Gym
    Room facilities
    • Air Conditioning
    • Complimentary toiletries
    • Coffee/tea facilities
    • Telephone
    • Television
    • Trouser Press
    • Voicemail
    • Modem Access
    • Hairdryer
    • Mini-bar
    • Iron & ironing board
    • Safe
    Children policy
    • Children welcome
    Cancellation policy
    • Cancellation charge is 100%
    Pets policy
    • Guide dogs permitted only
    Smoking policy
    • Smoking permitted in designated guest rooms
    Check-in time: 15:00 Check-out time: 11:00
    Local Attractions
    • Royal Albert Hall
    • Harrods and Harvey Nicholls
    • Hyde Park
    • Science Museum
    • Victoria and Albert Museum
    • Olympia
    • Earls Court
    • National History Museum
    • Nearest train station: Victoria Station - 3km
    • Nearest metro: Gloucester Road Tube Station
  • ukjay wrote: »
    A modern and stylish 4 star hotel in the city centre. Only a short walk from 2 underground stations and with great views over the River Thames. Attractions nearby include St Pauls, Tate Modern and Tower of London - all within walking distance. Within the hotel enjoy their renowned Italian restaurant and trendy DJ bar

Amazing deal at Cool Luxury City Centre Hotel?

Crowne Plaza The City
    19 New Bridge Street
    London
    EC4V 6DB

I took a guess by the description that it might be the Crowne Plaza and thankfully, it was. We're going to a wedding at St Brides Church in May, so couldn't have picked a better location. Got 3 nights for £244 including the 15% off Lastminute dot come hotels voucher code LMNHOTEL15 (which expires on 7 Feb.)

Should have been £450 + for the same stay booked directly. Trip Advisor reviews look pretty good. I'm smiling! :j
  • nickyotron
    Options
    can anyone tell me where this might be please ? :)

Awesome Paddington Hotel Fab New Rooms - 4* - London

GB
    For those who want to relax in a quiet and great environment, this city hotel is the place to be. The hotel is also a great location for business travellers and it has all meetings facilities you will need for all your important meetings.

hotel name and address: this information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail
    Disabled facilities

accessible rooms
    Hotel facilities

air conditioning
    free newspaper
    laundry
    reception (24 hours)
    safety deposit boxes
    Room facilities

air conditioning
    bathrobe (on request)
    climate control