IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PCN: Millennium parking services

Options
Hi all

my vehicle has been issued with a PCN when parked within a carpark run by the above scammers. I have tried to attach a copy of the signage in the carpark to ensure that my letter to them is accurate (have used the newbies sticky for template letter)

Would someone be kind enough to post a link to the sign as I am unable to do so myself due to having a new account? Can PM the link..

Just want to make sure I am 100% appealing in the correct manner / text

many thanks

DT

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    To upload a photo/scan, you first need to host it on a free photo hosting site (Photobucket or Tinypic), copy the URL, paste it here, but change the http to hxxp (or remove it all together) and we'll do the conversion. Newbies can't directly upload photos/scans until they've got a few posts under their belt.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ductape
    ductape Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options

link:

HXXP://flic.kr/p/zVYamb

apologies that its slightly cut off, rushed by the carpark last night, im hoping it is pretty generic
  • ductape
    Options
    Thanks tykesi!

I am planning to send the template letter from the sticky IE:

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car, on these main grounds:

a). The sum is disproportionate, does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss, nor is it a core price term.
    b) The sum is extravagant and unconscionable and cannot be justified.
    c). There is no evidence that you have any interest in the land. I will complain to the landowner about your aggressive ticketing.
    d). Your 'Notice' fails to comply with the POFA so there can be no keeper liability.
    e). I believe that the signs were not seen/are ambiguous and the predominant purpose is to deter so there is no contract to pay this charge, which is a penalty.

Formal challenge
    There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 or cancel the charge. I will only appeal further if you offer POPLA, the only independent ADR with a scrutiny panel and trained Assessors. The 'IAS' offered by IPC firms will not be used, for well-documented reasons.

''Drop hands'' offer
    The charge is baseless but I realise that you may have nominal postage costs. Equally, I have incurred costs for responding to your junk mail dressed up to mimic a parking ticket. It is clear that my costs and yours, at this point, do not exceed £15 so this is a formal “drop hands” offer. I remind you of the duty to mitigate any loss, so withdraw the spurious charge within 35 days and I will not pursue you for my costs.

Breach of CCRs
    I hereby give notice of withdrawal from this alleged 'contract' which was never properly offered nor expressly agreed. This 'contract' is cancelled and any obligations now end.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Am I on the right road here?

Thanks very much!
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    gosh incorrect signage

only allowing 5 mins grace

the BPA state that this figure is 10 mins

I also do not see a BPA logo , or a full company name and address , is it shown in the cropped section?
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    forget the drop hands bit , lets get more clarification on the signage first

perhaps you can tell us what the ticket was for ?
  • ductape
    Options
    I believe it may have been, i can call back to check (schoolboy error cropping the photo)
    It is shown on the bottom of the actual PCN if this helps?
  • ductape
    Options
    the vehicle was stopped in the carpark for approx 10 mins with no ticket on display.

Under the impression that the times on the sign were misread thinking that the times were only 7am-7pm

Thanks
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    and the offence?
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    ductape wrote: »
    the vehicle was stopped in the carpark for approx 10 mins with no ticket on display.

Under the impression that the times on the sign were misread thinking that the times were only 7am-7pm

Thanks

10 mins or MORE than 10 mins , are the times stated on the ticket?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport