PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

TOOOOO Many Tomatoes, Help Please

Options

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi poppyjay,

There are lots of good ideas that might help on this older thread:

TOOOOO Many Tomatoes, Help Please

Pink
  • rumblytum
    rumblytum Posts: 474 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

What about doing a mediterranean roasted veg. dish and chucking a couple of handfuls in with the other veg. (red onion, squash, courgette, rosemary etc etc)

HTH

rumbly x
  • boo81
    boo81 Posts: 654 Forumite
    Options
    They are great with anything you put in the oven, just bung in for 15 mins. I think they go with anything!
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Roast veg soup :)

Roast the tomatos and an onion, courgette and peppers in the oven. when they come out remove as much of the skins as you can (it's ok to let them cool right down!) and then blend it all! Add some stock to the mix if you like or just season and enjoy!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • ChasingButterflies
    Options
    Hi,

I have used this recipie for a Cherry tomato and Mascarpone sauce for pasta and it is yummy!! (although we ommit the garlic...) With shop bought sauces you can freeze them - I haven't tried as yet as there is never any left over!!

http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~pmh/Recipes/Savouries/Masc.html?http://oldeee.see.ed.ac.uk/~pmh/Recipes/Savouries/Masc.html

I had the opposite problem with OH he went with my shopping list and didn't pick up enough of each item :rotfl: bless they can't win can they?!
  • dawnylou
    dawnylou Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm after a wee bit of inspiration.
    I have a full pack of tomatoes and they need using up - any suggestions on how we can use them up?
    Dream of being mortgage free....
    APR 2007 - £109,825 FEB 2012 - £98,664.53:beer:

• juliapenguin
    Options
    Saw this on telly this week and it's fab - I'm chomping through a pan full as I type...

Cut in half, sprinkle well with salt and pepper, bake at (I think) 160 degrees for an hour until they're wrinkly and well browned at the edges. Cool a bit and scoff. Hardly any calories and DELICIOUS!!!
  • Skinted_stodge
    Options
    you could put them all in a bowl of boiling water for 10 mins until the skin splits, then peel and shop them. then... the world is yours! :j

you could fry an onion, garlic and salt and pepper with basil (or not if there isnt any!) and make a sauce. if you add chilli it is then... an Arribiata and its so nice with pasta!

or whizz it all up and put in the fridge (without the chilli!) and serve with a swirl of pesto and some ice for Gazpacho, since the sun is out! :T
    Total debt 10/08/07- £5050
    £2 savings- £0 :rolleyes: jam jar savings: £5.06!
    Debt Free Date: November 2008 but aiming for July 2008!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Try this thread, post 68. Really quick pasta dish, and it tastes really fresh and summery.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Lizzieanne
    Lizzieanne Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The last time I had a glut of tomatoes I did exactly as Skinted Stodge' has suggested and made a vat of basic pasta sauce. I froze it in portions and 'doctored' it with various other herbs and ingredients each time I defrosted some for dinner.
    Mortgage Free as of 03/07/2017 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport