IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Received private parking ticket while parked on public highway

Replies

• I just think its amazing luck that his first ticket fell to someone who came on here to ask. What's the chances of that?
    Thankfully his empire got nipped in the bud rather quickly.
    If anything, he should thank his lucky stars that it did, because if he had of had lots of payments come in he would of been in a lot deeper water
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    djdestiny wrote: »
    I just think its amazing luck that his first ticket fell to someone who came on here to ask. What's the chances of that?
    How do you know it was the first? The "Charge number" on the ticket is 1057093, though that probably uses the notion of starting from a random number, rather than 000001, in order to add more legitimacy. It seems it was the first day of Aiden's bungling plan, but did any others get tickets and (attempt to) pay?
  • edited 9 October 2015 at 8:46AM
    SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    edited 9 October 2015 at 8:46AM
    Removed - more than 10 characters
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    How do you know it was the first? The "Charge number" on the ticket is 1057093, though that probably uses the notion of starting from a random number, rather than 000001, in order to add more legitimacy. It seems it was the first day of Aiden's bungling plan, but did any others get tickets and (attempt to) pay?
    See Post #33 - that would suggest that there were at least 2.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    From Carl's piece:
    'He claimed friends who worked in the parking enforcement industry ....'

and
    'The idea was given to me by a mate who works in the private parking business.'
    #
    Should be possible to work out which, given that AT cribbed both proto-site and 'donation' p/w from something.

PV - thanks for 'legal cheek', not prev. known to me.
    #
    re: #83.
    Every so often, question arises of how many are helped via mse, pp, pepipoo, cowboys et al, against the tsunami[justified usage this time]of those who pay up, unaware.

AT strikes me as a young man who is
    -not as clever as he thinks he is;
    -not as clever as he'd like to be;
    -not truly evil;
    -immature in ways that DO matter, but has fathered a son regardless;
    -that son needs a better template;
    -AT needs to find some way to earn a living away from dysfunctional friends and lifestyle.
    - has hitherto looked for quick-fix money and solutions.

Can we offer any sensible work advice, since
    - he speaks of reading this Thread,
    - has some basic tech. skills, as yet unmatched by any likely employment prospects.
    #
    Presumably, he has handed over his donation stub p/w so any other recipients can be tracked. Did Carl ask how many had been issued? I see no mention of this.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    37.2K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    AT strikes me as a young man who is
    -not as clever as he thinks he is;
    -not as clever as he'd like to be;
    -not truly evil;
    -immature in ways that DO matter, but has fathered a son regardless;
    -that son needs a better template;
    -AT needs to find some way to earn a living away from dysfunctional friends and lifestyle.
    - has hitherto looked for quick-fix money and solutions.

You missed one out @&

- a convicted sex offender (underage children)!

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Teen-demanded-sexual-favours-girls-cigarettes/story-16192619-detail/story.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No, saw all of it and some other before it went up here, Umkomaas.
    Thought site and picture of him, with 2 'friends', was sufficiently indicative of that.#51.
    #
    Anyway, denizens of Plymouth now know.
    What sensible advice/on-tap guidance is in place for adjudged no-hopers like AT?
    -especially now.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• I wrote to the company who hosted devonparkingagency.co.uk, they replied...

Hello,

Abusive account has been terminated.

Please contact us with any additional questions.

Many Thanks,
    Saulius P.

Help Desk Staff
    https://www.hostinger.co.uk
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    "I spoke to a police officer and went in to say I made a bit of a mistake, a bit of an error on my part. I wasn't intending to create fraud"

So why did this clown go the trouble of creating a fake company and putting the BPA logo on his paperwork if it was just a simple mistake? He must have thought long and hard about his actions to go to so much trouble.

What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals