IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received private parking ticket while parked on public highway

Comments

• I have also received one this evening at 6.58 and was displaying a blue badge. I've checked their website - nothing can up nor in companies house or British Parking Association I'm taking it to the police and council tomorrow.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 8 October 2015 at 1:18AM
    I sent a message via The Parking Agency website as well as sending a message to the hosting service in Lithuania. Result - the website is now being 'updated'.

So, no-one can pay their parking charge notices now!

EDIT: Just noticed that they have a phone number where you can pay. Oh dear, that means they are prepared to take 'customers' credit card details too - what will they do with them?
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Nominet informed of potentially fraudulent domain
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    I sent a message via The Parking Agency website as well as sending a message to the hosting service in Lithuania. Result - the website is now being 'updated'.

So, no-one can pay their parking charge notices now!

EDIT: Just noticed that they have a phone number where you can pay. Oh dear, that means they are prepared to take 'customers' credit card details too - what will they do with them?

I wonder if they are PCI-DSS compliant ? Doh .... silly me !
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Website now just says:
    Being Updated

This website is currently being updated...
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Hot_Bring
    It would be rather lovely if we could Jamie 'Aiden' given the amount of information there is about him online.

I can see a few puzzled looks to that statement. Let me explain. I am a member of a very popular football chat site ( my username will probably give away the team to most ). One day a new user started a thread about a new football fans website service he was starting. Regulars pointed out a number of faults and flaws with it.

The OP didn't like this and launched a reel of homophobic and threatening posts in response. He was invited publicly and via PM to apologise which he choose not to. Unfortunately for him many members of the website were IT savvy and managed to find many personal details including his name, address, facebook page, girlfriend's name, parents names and occupations and even the school he went to. His name was Jamie and for a torrid 72 hours plus he had taxis knocking at his door, along with many pizza deliveries and even a skip. I would imagine he also got fed up of taking calls on his mobile from lonely people wanting some 'company' for the night :rotfl: Not to mention the Head of his school being informed of his homophobia.

For those with 30 minutes or so to kill can read a redacted version of the hilarious events here - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?168987-important-please-read

Needless to say I'd suggest 'Aiden' deserves the same treatment. In fact, thinking about it, doing a 'Jamie' on all PPC owners would be rather fun.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Hot_Bring
    The guy who operates the Devon Parking Agency, may be called Aidan...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32904118/issue-with-paypal-ipn-update-code

Someone appears to have given him the reason he can't get his coding to work ;)
  • fermi
    Forumite
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• nidO
    nidO Posts: 847 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2015 at 7:39AM
    He can't even pull his website down properly - The rest of the site's still there, all he's done is change its homepage. Rest of the site can still be accessed fine by starting at any sub-page, eg:

http://devonparkingagency.co.uk/payticket.html

His other poorly written and scammy sites have however now vanished entirely:

http://www.fundfeeder.co.uk/
    http://www.basecentre.co.uk/

Edit: And 5 minutes later, the rest of the subpages on the site now also 404 - I'd guess this thread is being watched.
  • fermi
    Forumite
    nidO wrote: »
    He can't even pull his website down properly - The rest of the site's still there, all he's done is change its homepage. Rest of the site can still be accessed fine by starting at any sub-page, eg:

http://devonparkingagency.co.uk/payticket.html

:rotfl::rotfl:

Oh dear... oh dear.. :doh: :silenced:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure