IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received private parking ticket while parked on public highway

14567810»

Comments

• ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Not to mention a fake website with false addresses to the domain company.

Yeah, that was a 'mistake'.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Aidan says he lost his job as a pizza delivery driver
    :rotfl:

Now that must really take some doing. Who would ever consider employing a numbnut who can't even hold down a job delivering pizza?

!!!!!! - PMSL :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,110
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Were he not a sexual predator, I could almost feel sorry for the bloke, but I don't. Does that make me a bad person?

No of course it doesn't.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,966
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Is "mistake" the new word to replace scam?
  • Now we need HMRC to investigate for tax evasion, we he won't have declared any earnings would he?

Won't happen though.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    ampersand wrote: »
    No, saw all of it and some other before it went up here, Umkomaas.
    Thought site and picture of him, with 2 'friends', was sufficiently indicative of that.#51.
    #
    Anyway, denizens of Plymouth now know.
    What sensible advice/on-tap guidance is in place for adjudged no-hopers like AT?
    -especially now.

Translation please
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Given the wording and logos on the ticket, and the now defunct website, it is very very clear that this was NOT a 'mistake' or an attempt at any form of legitimate business.

It was simply a scam that got found out and publicised at a speed and in a way that he did not anticipate. The whole going to the police and other statements are just very transparent and pathetic attempts to try to mitigate the damage and get himself somewhat off the hook.

I note that one of the newspaper articles is also incorrect. It did not say on the tickets that payment was voluntary or a donation. If it said that anywhere, it was hidden in the website T&Cs in a PDF most people would not even read.

In fact, the 'tickets' threatened or implied the possibility of court action for non payment.

dtQDNbt.png

This was a scam and http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure