IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received private parking ticket while parked on public highway

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    The Internet generates a lot of fraud but it also allows fraud to be identified very quickly. It was stumbling across Parking Prankster's discussion on that fraud that got me interested in the whole parking fraud industry.

Stick with us on the Private Parking forum. You seem to have the passion and the ability to get to the heart of things and to make a real and positive contribution to driving in some desperately needed changes to protect the British public, not only from chav Aiden lookalikes, but more importantly, dealing telling blows to the mainstream purveyors of extortion.

Nice to see you over here.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,553
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 8 October 2015 at 8:56PM
    Four years before being convicted of sexual offences, Aidan Peter Thompson set up a website group offering aadvice on relationship and sexual problems - all at the tender age of 15...

http://just-help-me.webs.com/

I just wonder if the Police found this, when investigtaing him for offences in 2011/12?

Could it be that Aidan is out on licence from prison? If so, this parking scam could see him being sent back pretty swiftly just, when it seems, he has become a father.

Aidan directed this 'film'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34HNBnQik-w
    ###
    Now, that's odd, pv.
    Earlier,those flashed onscreen here, then disappeared aussitôt and wouldn't return. Couldn't even pick up ref.s
    You noted Ben Penhaligon's comment from 2 years ago?

And all those named STARS! - more than several with similar form.

mse has upped his Viewer figs - should we send an unenforceable invoice?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    UKPC will be offering him a job on their board of directors.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 8 October 2015 at 8:56PM
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Stick with us on the Private Parking forum. You seem to have the passion and the ability to get to the heart of things and to make a real and positive contribution to driving in some desperately needed changes to protect the British public, not only from chav Aiden lookalikes, but more importantly, dealing telling blows to the mainstream purveyors of extortion.

Nice to see you over here.

Thanks for the glowing reference! You guys helped me out a while back when I had a mad dash drive to the local hospital because I could not pee. I would love to have some input, as I think this will become a passion of mine, though I don't see myself rising to the dizzy heights of the parking prankster.

Investigating fraud has been a lifelong hobby. More recently, it has been fraud within the legal profession and I have written extensively on solicitors and barristers involved with some of the biggest frauds in the UK in the past 10 years.

Not only is it much easier investigating with the invention of the Internet, It has also brought me into contact with like-minded individuals (even if only over the 'ether') This makes my 'hobby' more interesting and more competitive. For someone who has great difficulty walking, I like to keep active by keeping my mind in gear!

I knew that Aidan would be a slam dunk as soon as he took down his website when I messaged him. Other cases - such as the majority of the parking industry - are not so easy. I await Beavis result in anticipation.
  • there are a couple of young ladies based in chorley , that seem to be charging £50 for signing paperwork , many 100s of times a day , would you mind looking into that?
  • nidO
    nidO Posts: 847 Forumite
    Tiny Giant: We do indeed know that you know that we know.

Things are getting rather meta between here and SO.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,199
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Investigating fraud has been a lifelong hobby.

More than enough going on here PV to keep you busy without looking anywhere else!

Things could get very interesting post-Beavis, whichever way it goes. I'm sure you will find plenty to get your teeth into then.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    More than enough going on here PV to keep you busy without looking anywhere else!

Things could get very interesting post-Beavis, whichever way it goes. I'm sure you will find plenty to get your teeth into then.

Investigating solicitors/barristers and writing about them is rather dangerous to the pocket, so I may well just decide to stick with parking companies from now on, with just one exception...

http://www.legalcheek.com/2015/09/lord-harley-in-parking-wars-tv-appearance/
  • I'm not from 'round these parts, so take this with a grain of salt. For future incidents that extend to Stack Overflow you could drop by the SO Close Vote Reviewers chatroom (chat.stackoverflow.com/rooms/41570/so-close-vote-reviewers) over there. Generally there are lots of users in there willing to help with site moderation. I'm not saying that you have to do or not do anything, it is just a good place to start.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    I note the apologies and the explanation offered by the proto-DPA (Devon Parking Agency) MD. I would just like to draw attention to the following which don't quite align with the explanation of this being, in essence, a ham-fisted but otherwise innocent effort to get a genuine business off the ground.

1. The use of a false address when registering the domain
    2. The use of a false address on the DPA website.
    3. The deliberate use of the "Ltd" title when no such company had been registered.
    4. The misuse of the BPA logo

All of this would have had an influence on recipients of his PCN's and would have been likely to have induced them to make a decision (to pay or not) they would not otherwise have made.

The first page and a half of this thread bears witness to the quandary his schtick created to the extent that even regulars here (no criticism intended) were fooled. It is difficult, I'd suggest, to conclude that this was anything other than the intention. Then again I am a cynic.

Then there is the issue of the erstwhile Fundfeeder Indiegogo/Kickstarter lookalike site. How was that going to work?

Is it simply coincidental that both Fundfeeder and DPA would have been generators of immediate cash?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure