IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received private parking ticket while parked on public highway

Comments

• Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    It would appear his Twitter account has been suspended :rotfl:

Now which one of the addresses linked to his domain names is the right one - I really feel like a tonne of horse poo needs delivering there ;)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Four years before being convicted of sexual offences, Aidan Peter Thompson set up a website group offering aadvice on relationship and sexual problems - all at the tender age of 15...

http://just-help-me.webs.com/

I just wonder if the Police found this, when investigtaing him for offences in 2011/12?

Could it be that Aidan is out on licence from prison? If so, this parking scam could see him being sent back pretty swiftly just, when it seems, he has become a father.

Aidan directed this 'film'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34HNBnQik-w
  • Redacted
    Redacted Posts: 99 Forumite
    I thought I would just let you all know I spoke to the Council and Trading Standards today, and am due to give them more details tomorrow. I've also spoken to the reporter, as requested above. Having seen how this has developed, I'll also call 101 tomorrow. So far, it doesn't seem any of my immediate neighbours have been caught out, so that's good news.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me on this thread. I can't believe how much you found out in such a short time and really appreciate all your time, effort and help.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If he's so intent on self employment, he could always set himself up as a freelance consultant to the parking skimdustry. I'm sure UKPC could use his expertise right now!

What a toe rag! I hope they sling the book at him as an example to any other chavs thinking of jumping on the bandwagon of screwing the British public.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    @Guys Dad

The suspect was an easy target - he left too many clues to his on-line presence. Private parking scams are fodder for any newspaper - local or national. It just took one phone call to The Plymouth Herald, who spoke to 'Aidan' and he admitted everything, so no problem writing the story.

The Police have been informed directly too - I rang them at around 2am today as all the evidence pointed to the fact that 'Aidan' was convicted of sexual offences against minors and that he was working as a delivery driver for Domino's. Aidan admitted to the news reporter that he is the same 'Aidan' convicted of sexual offences.

National papers are interested in this too.

He may have been an easy target, but a target is no good if there aren't snipers prepared to use their skills to take the target down. I think that this incident shows the absolute dedication and determination of those involved - and others who have spend their time and skills in other situations - and how the work of a relatively small number of good guys is making a real difference.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    He may have been an easy target, but a target is no good if there aren't snipers prepared to use their skills to take the target down. I think that this incident shows the absolute dedication and determination of those involved - and others who have spend their time and skills in other situations - and how the work of a relatively small number of good guys is making a real difference.

Yesterday was his first and only day, slamming tickets on cars. Today he got dunked by more people than tickets he issued.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Guys_Dad wrote: »

Exactly the same situation with UKPC and their scam time-stamps. Sharp eyed people spotted those obvious shadow anomalies and other discrepancies, even though the PPC claimed their system was infallible. Power to the people!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Paul_Varjak
    trisontana wrote: »
    Exactly the same situation with UKPC and their scam time-stamps. Sharp eyed people spotted those obvious shadow anomalies and other discrepancies, even though the PPC claimed their system was infallible. Power to the people!

The Internet generates a lot of fraud but it also allows fraud to be identified very quickly. It was stumbling across Parking Prankster's discussion on that fraud that got me interested in the whole parking fraud industry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure