Comments

• Hi,
    prowla wrote: »
    Brung it on, Bro'! :rotfl:

Bringed is an alternative word....

bringed??????, sounds English?

Why are the English so uneducated?
    confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • My personal view on the 5p per a bag, I understand the the funds go to a specified charity however we should not be charged 5p for a bag as at the end of the day we are advertising the company with the logo on the bag too.
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    birjuharia wrote: »
    My personal view on the 5p per a bag, I understand the the funds go to a specified charity however we should not be charged 5p for a bag as at the end of the day we are advertising the company with the logo on the bag too.

Yep, bags that must be paid for should be plain. I do admit to having a strong dislike of in-your-face branding on stuff so there's none of that on my bags :p (them that I remember to brung t'shops)
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    birjuharia wrote: »
    My personal view on the 5p per a bag, I understand the the funds go to a specified charity however we should not be charged 5p for a bag as at the end of the day we are advertising the company with the logo on the bag too.

That's easy, if you don't want to advertise, buy a plain bag you can use when ever you like, and no more paying the measly 5p. Or, rather than a 5p bag, splash on a 10p bag that can take three times as much. Or, if you are feeling very adventurous you can go higher - with bigger stronger bags - 3 or 4 inches wide at the bottom.
    I have several of Morrison's & Tesco's that I use when go out on a big 'shop'.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    no1catman wrote: »
    That's easy, if you don't want to advertise, buy a plain bag you can use when ever you like, and no more paying the measly 5p.

But don't your Morrison's / Tesco bags carry branding?
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Actually I have relatives and friends that work for various retailers and most of us and their colleagues are getting sick n tired of customers saying they have forgotten bags.

Even I have seen customers mutter similar.

I can well believe it. Retail in this country seems to attract people who lack social skills and are best avoided. That's why I tend to shop for clothes abroad.

When it comes to food, thank god for self check out where you can avoid sullen disinterested staff.

The exception of course is Waitrose, where you get intelligent conversion and friendly service, because the staff have a vested interest in the success of the company and understand the implications of poor customer service.
  • Yolina
    edited 12 November 2015 at 4:33PM
    no1catman wrote: »
    That's easy, if you don't want to advertise, buy a plain bag you can use when ever you like, and no more paying the measly 5p. Or, rather than a 5p bag, splash on a 10p bag that can take three times as much. Or, if you are feeling very adventurous you can go higher - with bigger stronger bags - 3 or 4 inches wide at the bottom.

A couple of years ago, I got a few of these in different colours ;) (available from other sellers at the same price, I just picked one at random) so that's 99p including p&p all the way from China but hey never mind how far it's got to come from, it's to help "save the planet" ... At least I can vouch for them being good quality :p
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I put my rubbish in a communal bin area.

On opening the lids, I see at least a couple of the other tenants in my block of flats use the Sainsburys 5p bags to put their rubbish in.

How dumb are these people? Its CHEAPER to buy kitchen bin liners. Then they would only need to keep 3-5 of the 5p bags to use for their shopping instead of buying 3-5 bags per shop visit.
  • Yolina
    edited 12 November 2015 at 7:25PM
    How dumb are these people?

It's their money though, they've paid for their bags and can do as they wish with them ;)
    Plus if they've done like my friends and I did, they possibly actively built up a substantial reserve once the charge was announced but whilst the bags were still free (aka Full Squirrel Mode :D )

Edit: I'm glad you're not my neighbour, it must be so lovely so have someone so judgemental living next door...
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2015 at 12:20AM
    You should know that Costa's full name is Costabomb ;):D

I thought it was Costapaynotax..;):D:D
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)