edited 2 October 2015 at 11:59AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
769 replies 123.9K views

Replies

• SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    A._Badger wrote: »
    Codswallop! The 'Nanny state' is the regulation enforcing this charge in the first place. Stop trying to shift the blame.
    I'm not shifting blame. Basic food hygiene was YOUR responsibility before this, you just expected everybody else to sort it. If you are so cavalier about ensuring your own hygiene then you deserve all you get.
  • Kernow666Kernow666 Forumite
    3.5K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    they have resorted to security tagging the baskets in my local ASDA having lost 60+ baskets in last month
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • fuzzgun19fuzzgun19 Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nada666 wrote: »
    Contrary to unpopular opinion the Welsh have more important and far more enjoyable things to spend their limited hours of this life on than engineering petty victories over the system. You do understand, when you walk out of a supermarket with a smug, triumphant smirk on your face, that the cashiers and staff are not frustrated that you got one over them and the Man they work for - they are just having little accidents themselves with laughter at the emptiness of your life.
    Couldn't care less what jobsworths think.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Nada666 wrote: »
    You will be resisting through compliance. I am not sure what your point is.

But, but, but, they hate jobsworths...
  • A._Badger wrote: »
    Ah, right. So let me see. I can take the opinion of a Professor in the Departments of Soil, Water and Environmental Science at the University of Arizona or some bloke on the Internet called 'Big Graeme'.who opines that the Prof is a 'crank'.

That would be the guy the call Doctor Germ, the one employed by representatives of the bag industry to find the problem to fit their desired outcome. Totally reliable. Has his paper been peer reviewed?
  • The local Tesco were giving out those bags for life for free just a few days before they started charging, though it was one per person only... the amount of people you'd see grabbing as many bags as they could carry
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sick and tired of people saying they still forget to bring their bags.

How hard is it to fold a bag for life into a small pouch and stick it in your coat or handbag? I have five bags in my coat and handbag
  • prowlaprowla Forumite
    11.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting to bring my bags.
  • Nick_CNick_C Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sick and tired of people saying they still forget to bring their bags.

You really despise the public don't you? You should look for a job where you don't have to deal with them.

I've forgotten bags at least three times in the last 5 weeks. I've ended up just buying what I can carry without a bag.

I've not been wearing a coat and I don't carry a handbag.
  • ZandoniZandoni Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    prowla wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to bring my bags.

Me too.....
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support