Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

5p bag charge - your views - Page 34

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

5p bag charge - your views

edited 2 October 2015 at 10:59AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
769 replies 123.9K views

Replies

• LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I forgot my bag this morning in Morrisons, too much to carry, so just took it all out to the car in the hand basket, put it onto a bag in my car and left the basket in the trolley bay!

I will NOT pay 5p for a bag.

If I'd not had the car I would have crammed as much as I could into my handbag.

You think you are so self important that you couldn't even return the basket properly, instead choosing to dump it in the trolley bay.

If it was up to me I would ban you from the store.
  • Torry_QuineTorry_Quine Forumite
    18.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBanker wrote: »
    My Morrisons has the empty fruit boxes stacked behind the checkouts for you to take - these are fine for carrying a few items out to the car if you forget a bag.

I saw someone helping himself to carrier bags from the recycling bin in Asda. I don't think I'd want to put my groceries in someone else's old bag, which they had deemed only worthy of recycling. (I assume people who make the effort to take bags back for recycling will only do so when the bag is not usable any more)

I have taken bags from the recycling bin, got two bags for life which looked brand new.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • ZandoniZandoni Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have taken bags from the recycling bin, got two bags for life which looked brand new.

Yuk, who knows what they were used for.
  • Torry_QuineTorry_Quine Forumite
    18.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zandoni wrote: »
    Really don't see the problem!
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really don't see the problem!

They could of been used for anything, not a way I'd save 20p
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • meer53meer53 Forumite
    10.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats all the fuss about bags for meat ? I don't know any supermarket that will give you meat which is unwrapped, why does it need to go into another bag before it goes into your own shopping bag ? Overkill if you ask me. When my supermarket gives me a piece of raw meat without packaging then i'll kick up a stink.
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    meer53 wrote: »
    Whats all the fuss about bags for meat ? I don't know any supermarket that will give you meat which is unwrapped, why does it need to go into another bag before it goes into your own shopping bag ? Overkill if you ask me. When my supermarket gives me a piece of raw meat without packaging then i'll kick up a stink.

I put meat I buy in a carrier bag and then throw it away, there's too much evidence showing that the outside of food packaging is contaminated.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/8279420/Outer-packaging-of-chicken-covered-in-bacteria-study-finds.html
  • Nick_C wrote: »

Shops are allowed to give you a carrier bag FOC for uncooked meat or fish if they want to.

It's a single use bag, it doesn't define that it should be a carrier bag, the small bag used in the fruit and veg department is still a single use bag.
  • fuzzgun19fuzzgun19 Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeeUK wrote: »
    You think you are so self important that you couldn't even return the basket properly, instead choosing to dump it in the trolley bay.

If it was up to me I would ban you from the store.
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • fuzzgun19fuzzgun19 Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zandoni wrote: »
    Err... carrying shopping??

If they look clean I don't see the problem with that taking from the recycle heap. They would probably only be going to be recycled into more carriers that some [STRIKE]fools[/STRIKE] people end up paying for!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support